ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing Kareem Hunt killed us
493rd 11:20 AM 10-14-2019
This may seem obvious, but I believe Hunt’s loss created a more glaring void than anyone could’ve imagined. The simple reality is that our offense no longer has the ability to sustain drives because we can’t run the football. It’s easy to bitch at Reid for not running the ball, but the truth is that we can’t block well enough to run the damn ball, and the RBs we have now aren’t capable of creating things on their own. Hunt was and was at the top of the yards after first contact category. Now, no team in the league fears our run game and they’re teeing off on our shitty line as a result.

Getting Fisher back will help, but it won’t change things significantly enough to matter. Until we find another guy in the backfield that commands the oppositions respect, we’ll continue to struggle offensively. There will certainly be games that Mahomes is unstoppable in, but they likely won’t be in January. Damien Williams, McCoy, and the others aren’t nearly good enough.
[Reply]
notorious 11:34 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Andy is scared of fumbles
The players need to be scared, too. They are coughing up the ball at an alarming rate.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:35 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I want to see a lot more Darwin Thompson. He looked great in pre season and now they don't use him at all. What the hell is up with that?
His pass protection technique will have to be perfect considering his size. Thompson looks like he is less than 190lbs
[Reply]
Bwana 11:38 AM 10-14-2019
He good

[Reply]
TLO 11:40 AM 10-14-2019
Like the strip sack on Mahomes that led directly to a Houston TD?

Yeah, I'm scared of fumbles too.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:41 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
His pass protection technique will have to be perfect considering his size. Thompson looks like he is less than 190lbs
Looks like he's right around 200 or more. Here is a good read on the guy.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4/...-barry-sanders
[Reply]
Carlota69 11:41 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I want to see a lot more Darwin Thompson. He looked great in pre season and now they don't use him at all. What the hell is up with that?
THIS! Where in the hell is this kid and why arent they using him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 10-14-2019
Darrell Williams needs more snaps.
[Reply]
Iconic 11:49 AM 10-14-2019
he fumbled once in his only year starting. andy needs to let this kid eat. he can bring an element of aggression to this team no one is offering.
[Reply]
threebag 11:50 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Darrell Williams needs more snaps.
The offense needs more snaps fi
[Reply]
philfree 11:50 AM 10-14-2019
We lost Hunt then we were without Hill, Fisher, Wylie, Watkins and Williams. And we tried to rebuild the D at the same time. It's all killed us.
[Reply]
493rd 11:54 AM 10-14-2019
Point is that nobody is afraid of anyone in our backfield. Teams had to pick their poison when we had Kareem. And the dude was awesome catching the football. Look at any of Reid’s teams historically and there was always a feature back that teams had to account for. We don’t have anything near that now.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:54 AM 10-14-2019
Mahomes fumbled yesterday, is Andy going to bench him?

Play the the RB's who provide the most playmaking ability.

And its not like McCoy/Darwin Thompson/Darrel Williams are fumble-prone.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:56 AM 10-14-2019
Offense needs more balance. Too much backyard football. But the defense's shortcomings are the biggest concern. Can't rush the passer or tackle. Bad combo.
[Reply]
philfree 11:58 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Point is that nobody is afraid of anyone in our backfield. Teams had to pick their poison when we had Kareem. And the dude was awesome catching the football. Look at any of Reid’s teams historically and there was always a feature back that teams had to account for. We don’t have anything near that now.
Not disagreeing but it's like losing Hunt was the thread that started the unravelling.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:59 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It has nothing to do with his pass protection. He just doesn't trust him or he's too god damn stubborn to give up on Damian Williams. I saw one back go for a cut block on a blitzer and completely whiff. I'm sure Darwin can do better than that. He needs to get put in the game. I wanna see a guy running bitches over like what other teams do to us.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up