ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing Kareem Hunt killed us
493rd 11:20 AM 10-14-2019
This may seem obvious, but I believe Hunt’s loss created a more glaring void than anyone could’ve imagined. The simple reality is that our offense no longer has the ability to sustain drives because we can’t run the football. It’s easy to bitch at Reid for not running the ball, but the truth is that we can’t block well enough to run the damn ball, and the RBs we have now aren’t capable of creating things on their own. Hunt was and was at the top of the yards after first contact category. Now, no team in the league fears our run game and they’re teeing off on our shitty line as a result.

Getting Fisher back will help, but it won’t change things significantly enough to matter. Until we find another guy in the backfield that commands the oppositions respect, we’ll continue to struggle offensively. There will certainly be games that Mahomes is unstoppable in, but they likely won’t be in January. Damien Williams, McCoy, and the others aren’t nearly good enough.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:22 AM 10-14-2019
He also brought a physicality and aggression that helped our mostly finesse offense, now we lack any type of player like that.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:23 AM 10-14-2019
I guess you're just going to ignore the part where the backs last year were more productive than Hunt after he left? You have a paired example you're not even discussing.

I would imagine that a significant downgrade at center couple with several other injuries on the OL is what is affecting the play.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:24 AM 10-14-2019
I'm not sure it would make any difference, with the OL we are dealing with now.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 AM 10-14-2019
The problem with that though is there is a reason Damian Williams had always been a backup and we're seeing that now. He wasn't able to sustain that production at all.

Many factors go into it but we are worse at RB than we were before.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I'm not sure it would make any difference, with the OL we are dealing with now.
Old ass Shady McCoy is making Damian Williams look like a POS.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:26 AM 10-14-2019
McCoy is playing pretty well. Reid is just too stupid to utilize him apparently.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:26 AM 10-14-2019
Yep, I was told before the Indy game that the running game doesn't matter when I calling for drafting a top quality somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds like Jamaal and Kareem who selected in the 3rd round
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:27 AM 10-14-2019
No single RB on the Chiefs roster is as talented/explosive as Kareem Hunt, but collectively the likes of McCoy/Darrel Williams/Darwin Thompson can be just as productive if given the opportunity.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:27 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
McCoy is playing pretty well. Reid is just too stupid to utilize him apparently.
McCoy has been getting his 8-10 carries a game and apparently that's all Reid wants to give him.
[Reply]
DrRyan 11:30 AM 10-14-2019
McCoy's 5.4 ypc suggest otherwise. Damien would likely be in that neighborhood if given more than a couple touches. 10, 10, 19, 20, 21, 23 are the carries by RB from week 5 counting backwards. Seems like a pretty strong correlation for running the ball more...

10 attempts per game is not a sustainable recipe in the NFL, especially with the current O line and Pat's ankle.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:30 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
No single RB on the Chiefs roster is as talented/explosive as Kareem Hunt, but collectively the likes of McCoy/Darrel Williams/Darwin Thompson can be just as productive if given the opportunity.
I want to see a lot more Darwin Thompson. He looked great in pre season and now they don't use him at all. What the hell is up with that?
[Reply]
notorious 11:32 AM 10-14-2019
Dogshit defense and garbage oline is killing the Chiefs.

Fuck Hunt
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:33 AM 10-14-2019
I want to see a lot more Darwin Thompson. He looked great in pre season and now they don't use him at all. What the hell is up with that?
Andy is scared of fumbles
[Reply]
lcarus 11:33 AM 10-14-2019
I don't know. I figured he would play a few downs a game and eventually make a big enough impact that they would use him more and more. Particularly in the passing game.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up