Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Week 7: Let's talk about the Broncos
TLO 06:18 PM 10-13-2019
Discuss
[Reply]
old_geezer 07:46 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The only damage the Chiefs could do in the return game is to themselves.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:47 AM 10-15-2019
All I know is that if you did a game/film study... and you walk away with a high positive being the punt return game, you might have some other very glaring issues.
[Reply]
old_geezer 08:20 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
All I know is that if you did a game/film study... and you walk away with a high positive being the punt return game, you might have some other very glaring issues.
And notice that he started off with the very damning phrase "If the #Chiefs force Denver to punt,.....".
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:03 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
And notice that he started off with the very damning phrase "If the #Chiefs force Denver to punt,.....".
Well, Denver hasn't been as dynamic as they could be on offense... settling for FGs over TDs. And, they love to watch the opposing returner run wild at times.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:29 AM 10-15-2019
By the way, I hate being around here this week when it's all "shit has hit the fan" week at Chiefsplanet. It's enough to make me think Denver wins by 12.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:54 AM 10-15-2019
Just a bunch of gloom and doom around here. Status quo. The Chiefs are still 3.5 favorites in your house. I say Mahomes goes on to beat you for the fourth time.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:15 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Just a bunch of gloom and doom around here. Status quo. The Chiefs are still 3.5 favorites in your house. I say Mahomes goes on to beat you for the fourth time.
Maybe, he's certainly a hell of a guy to try and contain - near impossible.

In 2016, it took OT to win by 3 in Denver.
In 2017, Butker kicked a FG (off the bar, IIRC) to win by 3 with seconds expiring.
In 2018, KC rallied from 14 down to score the go ahead TD with about 90 seconds on the clock to win by 4. Keenum drives them down to the KC 28 to fail in the comeback.

So, while the Broncos have been less than desirable - the games have been close in Denver. I expect more of the same, if I'm being honest. In each of those 3 games, KC had a consistent threat from the ground... in all 3 games, believe Denver topped 120+ yards and overall the two teams were pretty equal on ground production.

Question is ... can KC run the ball 20+ times consistently and keep drives alive? They haven't topped 15 carries in either of the last 2 games, both losses.

Difference this year - KC's run defense is a great matchup for Lindsay/Freeman and Janovich is healthy. Colts and Texans ran 40+ times each on KC, racking up a ton of yards and keeping Mahomes on the sideline. KC doesn't need to be prolific on the ground, they just need to keep defenses honest and respect the threat... but, it's non-existant right now for KC.

That should be the game plan... grind it out on the ground against a defense that can't stop the run, average 4+ yards a carry.

It's all about whether or not Denver can score TDs and not FGs. It's going to be all about the ground attack Thursday night.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 10:25 AM 10-15-2019
Denver will easily be the worst offense the Chiefs have faced this year to-date.

Even Jacksonville with Gardner Minshew is better.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:34 AM 10-15-2019
I have come to believe...

Andy will fix this.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:34 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Denver will easily be the worst offense the Chiefs have faced this year to-date.

Even Jacksonville with Gardner Minshew is better.

[Reply]
SAGA45 10:48 AM 10-15-2019
I know this will seem batshit crazy but this feels like a game where Reid, for some odd reason, goes Martyball and absolutely pounds the Broncos with Shady, Williams & Williams.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:27 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I know this will seem batshit crazy but this feels like a game where Reid, for some odd reason, goes Martyball and absolutely pounds the Broncos with Shady, Williams & Williams.
Good luck.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:40 AM 10-15-2019
The goal is for Mahomes to have a lengthy career with the Chiefs and have a record like 37-0 against the broncos when he retires. And then come back to play the broncos twice a year as an exhibition and finish like 43-0 against the broncos.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:42 AM 10-15-2019
By the way, I hate being around here this week when it's all "shit has hit the fan" week at Chiefsplanet. It's enough to make me think Denver wins by 12.
Despite KC giving up 54, 38, 37, 43 Mahomes has never lost by more than 7.
[Reply]
notorious 11:50 AM 10-15-2019
You are doing a good job. Keep it coming.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up