[Reply]
Three7s 06:35 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Who did this defense stop last year?
No one.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:36 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Three7s:
You could blame personnel, but I think it comes down to toughness and effort. I'm not seeing much of either.
Yep Tyrann Mathieu said the same thing after the game. Basically calling out each position group and saying we need to play for one another instead of by ourselves and u til we do start playing together our defense will continue how it is
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:39 PM 10-13-2019
From the beginning of the season our DTs weren't playing their gap assignments correctly much of the time. Who's to blame for that exactly is up for debate. In reviewing some of the games I saw Chris Jones blow his assignments more than a few times. Sometimes Nnadi wasn't shedding his blocks, sometimes he didn't play his assignments right. But he seemed to be playing his assignments correctly more often than Jones in the first two games.

No LB on the team is playing well against the run. Hitchens, the starter at middle LB was almost comically wrong with his pre-snap reads. A few times I found myself yelling at the TV, "no you idiot! Move to your left one!" Not a good sign when a former second-string high school football player knows better than the professional.

He's also really slow to react, which is probably a lack of confidence. Today whoever we had in at middle LB wasn't much better. They all lack aggression or a real nose for the football.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:40 PM 10-13-2019
Chiefs will win this one, mostly because Flacco is Flacco.
[Reply]
Three7s 06:41 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
From the beginning of the season our DTs weren't playing their gap assignments correctly much of the time. Who's to blame for that exactly is up for debate. In reviewing some of the games I saw Chris Jones blow his assignments more than a few times. Sometimes Nnadi wasn't shedding his blocks, sometimes he didn't play his assignments right. But he seemed to be playing his assignments correctly more often than Jones in the first two games.

No LB on the team is playing well against the run. Hitchens, the starter at middle LB was almost comically wrong with his pre-snap reads. A few times I found myself yelling at the TV, "no you idiot! Move to your left one!" Not a good sign when a former second-string high school football player knows better than the professional.

He's also really slow to react, which is probably a lack of confidence. Today whoever we had in at middle LB wasn't much better. They all lack aggression or a real nose for the football.
I was watching some all-22 of the defense over the past few games. There was a play against the Lions where Hitchens had a completely obvious gap to shoot through right in front of his face, no OL in sight, and he just stood there and let him run towards him. It just boggles my mind.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:42 PM 10-13-2019
Why isn’t Ragland on the field. Only LB who’s worth a damn vs the run
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:43 PM 10-13-2019
I would trade our next 10 first round picks for Keuchly
[Reply]
bdlangton 06:44 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Once we get Fisher back, (and Watkins for that matter), I'd like to see us be a lot more aggressive on 4th down. If the front 7 truly can't stop anyone, why not live and die with the offense?
Truly, most teams should go on 4th more often (particularly on 4th and short on the opponent's side of the field). With this team, it's even more to our advantage to go for it than most other teams. If we're just outside of FG range it should be a no brainer to go for it.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:45 PM 10-13-2019
Way too soon to be objective about this. Short week, in Denver, after three ugly games. Mahomes is gimpy, defenses are mugging Kelce and the league just declared that if the ball isn't thrown to a CHIEFS receiver, they can be tackled.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:45 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Three7s:
I was watching some all-22 of the defense over the past few games. There was a play against the Lions where Hitchens had a completely obvious gap to shoot through right in front of his face, no OL in sight, and he just stood there and let him run towards him. It just boggles my mind.
Think I saw that play during the game. I threw my shoe at the TV; fortunately I'm not blessed with Mahomes arm talent because I missed the TV entirely.
[Reply]
493rd 06:47 PM 10-13-2019
We have to hope that Flacco will chuck us a few, because it seems unlikely we stop Lindsay and Freeman. Oh, and we probably give up Courtland Sutton’s breakout game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:51 PM 10-13-2019

My understanding is that there is optimism that Emmanuel Sanders plays Thursday. So, that’s good. https://t.co/C0i0sbAC1P

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 14, 2019

[Reply]
493rd 06:55 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Figures. Sanders always kills us, no reason to think otherwise this go round.
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:55 PM 10-13-2019
Zero confidence going forward
[Reply]
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up