ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
bobbything 05:15 PM 10-13-2019
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:04 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by theCATALYST:
The right call was made. You can't expect a flag every time Kelce decides to run directly at a defender, grab him and push him backwards before flopping on the turf as if he is the victim.
Wow. You'd be right, if that had actually been what happened, TexansFan.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...606528512?s=20
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:05 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
So I will ask again. Based on the rule interpretation every eligible receiver who isn't the intended receiver can literally be abused once the ball is in the air?
Yes.

Problem is, Kelce was on the ground before the ball was thrown. He was getting back up after being tackled when the ball was thrown.
[Reply]
FAX 11:05 AM 10-14-2019
So I will ask again. Based on the rule interpretation every eligible receiver who isn't the intended receiver can literally be abused once the ball is in the air?
Not according to the rules. Or, I might add, based upon precedent.

Let's enter the Wayback Machine with Sherman and recall how many times the Chiefs have suffered a DPI call AWAY FROM THE PLAY. I can think of a dozen or more without even googling up stuff or conducting an internet search.

FAX
[Reply]
Mecca 11:06 AM 10-14-2019
What should have happened, was after the ref said that. Anytime Watson dropped back and the ball went somewhere else the CB should have chopped Hopkins knees out.

And said hey just going on what you said the rule is...matter of fact the whole team should have done it.
[Reply]
wazu 11:13 AM 10-14-2019
Warren Sharp is still all over this call.

This is video of the official listening extra close to someone talking to him in his ear, and then the call being reversed to a Mahomes interception. pic.twitter.com/2lvsCQYQAX

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) October 14, 2019

[Reply]
wazu 11:13 AM 10-14-2019

As to whether the ball was in air:

8:48 he starts delivery. A split second later, still 8:48, ball well out.

Cam pans at 8:47 & Kelce is flat on his back.

2nd angle shows contact @ 31, thrown @ 26, lands 22.

We’re pretending Mahomes can’t see the start of that & take a shot? pic.twitter.com/Io07uHWSjy

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) October 14, 2019

[Reply]
kcpasco 11:16 AM 10-14-2019
It was a blatant rape job. Didn’t even get the courtesy of a reach around first.
[Reply]
notorious 11:17 AM 10-14-2019
Rigged as it always has been.

Blowout was about to happen and somebody intervened.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:18 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Rigged as it always has been.

Blowout was about to happen and somebody intervened.
You know it.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:25 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:

It wasn't even holding since Kelsey fell down on his own. WTF are you guys complaining about? Nothing should have been called. Mahones throw his first INT in week 6. You guys are doing pretty fucking good.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:31 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
It wasn't even holding since Kelsey fell down on his own. WTF are you guys complaining about? Nothing should have been called. Mahones throw his first INT in week 6. You guys are doing pretty ****ing good.
The defender literally takes his hand & pushes down on the back of Kelsey's helmet & pushes him down. The only legitimate questions are did the contact take place within the 5 yard zone in which db's are allowed to "chuck" the recievers, or was the ball already in the air when contact was made.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:34 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
It wasn't even holding since Kelsey fell down on his own. WTF are you guys complaining about? Nothing should have been called. Mahones throw his first INT in week 6. You guys are doing pretty ****ing good.
Are you completely blind, or just a stupid Bronco fan?

Even Tony Dungy says it's a penalty - watch the video here, where the defender drags Kelce to the ground BEFORE the pass is thrown :

https://twitter.com/i/status/1183536058144841732

Dumbass.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:36 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
The defender literally takes his hand & pushes down on the back of Kelsey's helmet & pushes him down. The only legitimate questions are did the contact take place within the 5 yard zone in which db's are allowed to "chuck" the recievers, or was the ball already in the air when contact was made.
That push down is not the reason Kelce is falling. His ass was already going down from losing his own balance. Further, the call was not defensive holding. It was PI...The ball was un-catchable for any Chiefs receiver. There is no PI. There is no holding. It's over. Move on. :-)
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:38 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Are you completely blind, or just a stupid Bronco fan?

Even Tony Dungy says it's a penalty - watch the video here, where the defender drags Kelce to the ground BEFORE the pass is thrown :

https://twitter.com/i/status/1183536058144841732

Dumbass.
I don't give a shit what Dungy says. He's not an expert in physics. Further...holding was not the call. You can't commit PI when the ball is no where near anymore that can catch it. Of course none of you seem to acknowledge the holding/tackle by the Chief left tackle.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:38 AM 10-14-2019
The whole game was fishy. We got boned. It reminded me of the Steelers game last season where they did everything they could to keep the game from being a blowout.

Whether you think we got hosed or not, the officiating in the league SUCKS so bad now. The games just aren't as enjoyable to watch. Every damn play the players look around for a flag. I can't enjoy good plays anymore because I'm looking for a flag. Nobody wants to see the Sean Hochuli Show on Sundays. Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up