ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
bobbything 05:15 PM 10-13-2019
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:21 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Then it wasn't 2 god damn plays later and they call a phantom holding on Breeland.

Not that the ****ers didn't hold on several other plays for real, but the one on 3rd down when Watson ran and got tackled 1 or 2 yards short they called holding on Breeland and he didn't even touch the guy. The refs ruin the game. I'm sure there were several calls on them that were BS too. They just suck all around. I don't watch the sport to see the Shawn ****ing Hochuli Show. Just because he was born with the silver flag up his ass.
This. I'll bet I have said this at least 10 times the past 2 weeks. The refs are making this game damn near unwatchable.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:29 AM 10-14-2019
The refs have ruined the game, they won't overturn PI calls because they're giving the league the finger on that.

Who here wants to defend DeAndre Hopkins under todays rules? He grabs you, shoves you, pushes, smacks you in the head yet you touch him and flags come out immediately.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:42 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Mahomes in his postgame press conference said that Kelce was his intended target on that play.

Obviously the pass is going to look bad when your intended target is interfered with and not able to run his route.
That is a penalty every single time, except when the Chiefs with Mahomes are on the verge of blowing out Houston with Watson in one of the most hyped games of the season...CBS was airing that game to 95% of the country...couldn't have it be 24-9 in the 2nd quarter.

That's the same reason the Ward fumble return for a TD was "blown dead" due to "forward progress", even though the ball was coming out as his forward progress was being stopped...
[Reply]
TEX 05:45 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
That is a penalty every single time, except when the Chiefs with Mahomes are on the verge of blowing out Houston with Watson in one of the most hyped games of the season...CBS was airing that game to 95% of the country...couldn't have it be 24-9 in the 2nd quarter..
Exactly the case.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:30 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly the case.
Even if you buy into Mahomes being the future face of the league, it's very much in their interest for Watson to be right there. Houston is a massive market that is important to the NFL.
[Reply]
bobbything 06:42 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Like to get an official explanation of that call but we won’t. I am
bitter because of that call because of no explanation.
We aren’t the only ones who thought the whole thing was weird. As mentioned, I’ve never seen a call like that made, announced, accepted by the team, then just as they’re lining up to snap the ball, officials huddle up and change their mind.

This article says someone, somewhere notified officials that they made the wrong call and that they were to change it.

https://apple.news/AYLZ2_RVXS7m3Mf8U4RJDpA
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:48 AM 10-14-2019
I've seen this scenario happen, but only to the Raiders. If you are going to get Raider officiating, you are officially fawked.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:48 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
One of my top 100 favorite things about Mahomes, the best player I've ever seen, is that he will try to take advantage of calls against the defense, but there is no ****in' law that the refs are supposed to call any and every foul on the defense. A QB should not assume that it's a risk-free decision to try to get a free downfield shot just because a tight end got mugged by someone way the **** smaller than the tight end.
When a qb sees his te get mugged and sees the flag thrown in the area, that's a signal that it's a free play. The qb should absolutely assume that. And it's horseshit for the ref to pull it away at that point.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:50 AM 10-14-2019
They didn't want the game to be over in the first half, shit like that matters.

Travis Kelce also does not get calls, the refs think he's a POS from a few years ago.
[Reply]
bobbything 06:56 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
When a qb sees his te get mugged and sees the flag thrown in the area, that's a signal that it's a free play. The qb should absolutely assume that. And it's horseshit for the ref to pull it away at that point.
Hell, I’d even be more okay with it had they thrown the flag, huddled together, then decided to pick up the flag and announce “there is no flag for pass interference.” They do that all the time. What I don’t like is making the call, having the team accept the penalty, respotting the ball, team lining up to snap, then huddling up again after they get a notification to change the call.

If that can happen, then they need someone watching their every move on every single snap and informing them they screwed up every single time. Just have the officials out there to make calls that come from New York, because that’s basically what happened here.*

*Please note that I do not really want this to happen. I want officials to be good at their job.
[Reply]
CrookedTrump 07:05 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And people wonder why kelce is frustrated. The NFL has increased emphasis on PI. And yet kelce is literally getting tackled on pass plays with no call. Reid was absolutely furious and I hope he addresses this with the league somehow. It wasn't just this call. There were several critical plays that missed an obvious hold on kelce.
Kelce now knows how Gronk felt in every play.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:18 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by CrookedTrump:
Kelce now knows how Gronk felt in every play.
Those two guys commit(ed) offensive pass interference on every other play, at the least. They have zero room for comment on anything.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:35 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Especially for 2nd half bets in Vegas.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:18 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
After all "Watson vs Mahomes" hype and putting it as the marquee early matchup in over 90% of the country?

You know it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:19 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Those two guys commit(ed) offensive pass interference on every other play, at the least. They have zero room for comment on anything.
That is high-larious, considering that Kelce gets mugged on every single play.

Hard to commit OPI when you get tackled to the ground.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up