ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
bobbything 05:15 PM 10-13-2019
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:03 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
This call was a game changing call...a complete game changer.. If KC is allowed to continue, they score at this point in the game. That score changes the game.

I firmly believe the NFL is rigged...and IDGAF if that's the case and KC wins a SB...but this league is ****ing bullshit and it's rigged.
Refs have been up our ass the last 2 weeks with some rather bullshit calls.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:04 PM 10-13-2019
It’s BS and I hope they die.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:05 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
This call was a game changing call...a complete game changer.. If KC is allowed to continue, they score at this point in the game. That score changes the game.

I firmly believe the NFL is rigged...and IDGAF if that's the case and KC wins a SB...but this league is ****ing bullshit and it's rigged.
Absolutely 100% accurate.

Between that egregious no-call on illegal contact the resulted in the interception while we were in FG range and the bullshit "forward progress" on Ward's fumble return for a TD, we were looking at either being up 27-9 or 31-9 in the early 2nd quarter.

Can't have that for the game being shown in 95% of the nation's TV markets...
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:07 PM 10-13-2019
The league is saying as soon as the ball is in the air its ok to tackle any player not the target of the pass.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:11 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The league is saying as soon as the ball is in the air its ok to tackle any player not the target of the pass.
Pretty much, but if WE had done that, it would be a flag for illegal contact. And they wouldn't have picked it up...
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:16 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Pretty much, but if WE had done that, it would be a flag for illegal contact. And they wouldn't have picked it up...
KC was getting phantom holding calls left and right.

Again... all of the Texan penalties were procedural.

KC's were judgement calls.

All while guys spent the first yards penetrating Kelce's most private of places. Which is obviously within the rules because reasons.

****ing biased and disgraceful.. but KC STILL should have won the game. If Any didn't have his head up his ass. Refs do this shit. You can't rely on them to be competent. You gotta whip ass.
[Reply]
DanT 09:34 PM 10-13-2019
right, it's called 'illegal contact', and it's a 5 yd penalty + automatic 1st down.

Unless they've made it legal to tackle receivers as long they're not the target and I missed it.
Look at the NFL Rule Book. It's not illegal contact to do to a receiver what can be done to other offensive players if at the time that you do it to them the forward pass is already in the air and the ball is not going to that receiver.

The relevant sections from the NFL Rule Book are under Rule 8 (https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...-1.-definition ), Section 4 (LEGAL AND ILLEGAL CONTACT WITH ELIGIBLE RECEIVERS), Articles 6 (Defensive Holding) & 7 (End of Restrictions).
[Reply]
DanT 09:39 PM 10-13-2019
When I played football in junior and senior high, way back in the 1970's and 1980's, it was well known that you can maul offensive players if you were on defense. Getting to use your hands on them was one of the major advantages defenders had. Eligible receivers are afforded some extra protection, but only while they are potentially receivers. Once the ball is in the air, they are just like any other offensive player that the defense can whip.

That's how football is. Saying that Kelce can't be tackled if a ball is flying over his head is, to me, like listening to Denver Bronco corner backs complain about receivers blocking them downfield. When I hear it, I wonder, how did this person get it in their head that things that are very much part of the game are somehow illegal.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:41 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
Look at the NFL Rule Book. It's not illegal contact to do to a receiver what can be done to other offensive players if at the time that you do it to them the forward pass is already in the air and the ball is not going to that receiver.

The relevant sections from the NFL Rule Book are under Rule 8 (https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...-1.-definition ), Section 4 (LEGAL AND ILLEGAL CONTACT WITH ELIGIBLE RECEIVERS), Articles 6 (Defensive Holding) & 7 (End of Restrictions).
The ball WASN'T in the air - the reason Mahomes threw that ball into the end zone was because he thought there was a free play, as the foul had already occurred and the flag had been thrown.

THAT'S the rub.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:42 PM 10-13-2019

Yeah, it's not PASS INTERFERENCE.

Let's not ignore that both holding and illegal contact occurred before the pass was thrown.

Because it REALLY matters. Christ they flubbed the call by calling it PI , but they were mugging Kelce all goddamn game like this and were calling our DB's for a HELLUVA lot less contact before the throw.
[Reply]
DanT 09:56 PM 10-13-2019
The ball WASN'T in the air - the reason Mahomes threw that ball into the end zone was because he thought there was a free play, as the foul had already occurred and the flag had been thrown.

THAT'S the rub.
I don't know when the flag was thrown, because I haven't seen a camera angle that shows me. I would be surprised if there was a flag visible to Mahomes before he threw that ball, though, because that ball was in the air while Kelce was headed to the turf, and I would think that the official who threw it was reacting to Kelce going down, not to the contact before then. (If it had been the contact before then, that official would have certainly told his crew chief that he was calling illegal contact, not pass interference.)
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:59 PM 10-13-2019
Like to get an official explanation of that call but we won’t. I am
bitter because of that call because of no explanation.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:01 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It was a terrible pass regardless.
Mahomes in his postgame press conference said that Kelce was his intended target on that play.

Obviously the pass is going to look bad when your intended target is interfered with and not able to run his route.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:03 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Mahomes in his postgame press conference said that Kelce was his intended target on that play.

Obviously the pass is going to look bad when your intended target is interfered with and not able to run his route.
Yeah. Because of all the holding and illegal contact.

Which, apparently, were only illegal for ONE TEAM on Sunday.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:02 AM 10-14-2019

I get this is the rule....but then that makes every receiver for whom the ball is not intended "fair game". So you can tackle them, chuck them out of bounds, absolutely knock the crap out of them or trip them?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up