ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
bobbything 05:15 PM 10-13-2019
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:09 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Not sure what you mean. It’s a thread about officiating right?
It's a thread about a specific call. I hope that you are just trolling .
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:10 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Because the ball was already in the air and the pass wasn't to Kelsey. Ergo pass interference is impossible. That's more of an embarrassment that one of the referees called it to begin with.
This was the explanation I heard as well...cannot comment why there was no defensive holding though. I mean, when the refs were huddled up, one would think at least one of the refs would have said something about Kelce getting tackled.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:21 PM 10-14-2019
This isn’t why we lost, but it’s fishy.

So no replay was used so who was the official trying to listen to??
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:29 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
This isn’t why we lost, but it’s fishy.

So no replay was used so who was the official trying to listen to??
They were listening to someone from the league office in NY, been saying that for years (I don't know if the "RIGGED" thread got RRed or removed, but it's in there)...and it is ABSOLUTELY the reason we lost - that took at least 3 points off the board, if not 7, and allowed the Texans to score a TD before the half - that's a 10 point swing, at minimum. We lost by 7. It also contributed to Andy trying to go deep on the play Mahomes got hit and fumbled on, which also led to a Texans score.

If they call that play right, AND call the Ward return for TD off Hopkins' fumble correctly, we're up 27-9 in the 2nd, OR 31-9, and that changes the entire complexion of the game.

We were well on our way to blowing them clean the fuck out, then the refs got flag happy.

We go up 31-9, and then the Texans would've got pass happy, which plays into OUR game...instead, the close score played into THEIR game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:45 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
They were listening to someone from the league office in NY, been saying that for years (I don't know if the "RIGGED" thread got RRed or removed, but it's in there)...and it is ABSOLUTELY the reason we lost - that took at least 3 points off the board, if not 7, and allowed the Texans to score a TD before the half - that's a 10 point swing, at minimum. We lost by 7. It also contributed to Andy trying to go deep on the play Mahomes got hit and fumbled on, which also led to a Texans score.

If they call that play right, AND call the Ward return for TD off Hopkins' fumble correctly, we're up 27-9 in the 2nd, OR 31-9, and that changes the entire complexion of the game.

We were well on our way to blowing them clean the **** out, then the refs got flag happy.

We go up 31-9, and then the Texans would've got pass happy, which plays into OUR game...instead, the close score played into THEIR game.
Spot on as usual Rabble, we got hosed plain and simple. The first drive Kelce got called for an OPI when he got tackled I knew it was going to be a long afternoon.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:10 PM 10-14-2019
Even Petro thinks we got hosed, and he always shuts down officiating complaints. It’s all he’s talked about.

Just too many indefensible/questionable calls to ignore in this one.

Yeah, yeah...”overcome.” You can’t expect to overcome a bunch of injuries, a good opponent AND a bunch of crushing calls.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:21 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Even Petro thinks we got hosed, and he always shuts down officiating complaints. It’s all he’s talked about.

Just too many indefensible/questionable calls to ignore in this one.

Yeah, yeah...”overcome.” You can’t expect to overcome a bunch of injuries, a good opponent AND a bunch of crushing calls.
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Spot on as usual Rabble, we got hosed plain and simple. The first drive Kelce got called for an OPI when he got tackled I knew it was going to be a long afternoon.

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:25 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I don't give a shit what Dungy says. He's not an expert in physics. Further...holding was not the call. You can't commit PI when the ball is no where near anymore that can catch it. Of course none of you seem to acknowledge the holding/tackle by the Chief left tackle.
Oh and you are an expert in physics? Please educate us on exactly what happened here using your vast knowledge in physics. Let’s hear how many joules of energy it took to initiate that push? The momentum of the football at release?

We’re waiting.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:40 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh and you are an expert in physics? Please educate us on exactly what happened here using your vast knowledge in physics. Let’s here how many joules of energy I took to initiate that push? The momentum of the football at release?

We’re waiting.
The best part?

Not only is Garcia Bronco an expert in physics, but he knows more about football than Tony ****ing Dungy.

Makes me wonder why such a genius Bronco fan is trolling a Chiefs message board, when he should be coaching an NFL team or working in a physics lab...
[Reply]
DanT 05:33 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
This was the explanation I heard as well...cannot comment why there was no defensive holding though. I mean, when the refs were huddled up, one would think at least one of the refs would have said something about Kelce getting tackled.
Pass interference is reviewable. Illegal contact with a receiver is not.
https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...ewable-rulings
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:39 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
Pass interference is reviewable. Illegal contact with a receiver is not.
https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...ewable-rulings
They didn't ****ing review it, dipshit.

They CALLED it pass interference...that was their FIRST ****up in that whole sequence.

Then, they marked off the penalty, set the ball for play, the Chiefs offense lined up, and then the Man Behind the Curtain came into Hochuli's ear piece and told them it wasn't pass interference - you can see him listening to his ear piece in the video - but they STILL didn't get it right.

So there never WAS an actual review. They never looked at the play again. And you're a ****ing dumbass.

Is your name Dan T. Hochuli or something??
[Reply]
ljmhawk 05:50 PM 10-14-2019

We were well on our way to blowing them clean the **** out, then the refs got flag happy.

Hopkins forward progress was clearly stopped, he was being pushed back when the fumble occurred and it was blown dead anyway. they got that call right. Kelce wasn’t interfered with, but he was for sure held or had illegal contact against him. so pretty much the way i took it was as long as the ball isn’t thrown to a specific receiver and the ball is in the air you can tackle them with no consequences. the chiefs did not lose because of the refs...they lost because the defense can’t stop a pee wee football team and the offense won’t run the ball and run quick passes. people need to stop blaming losses on the refs.
[Reply]
DanT 06:07 PM 10-14-2019
They didn't ****ing review it, dipshit.

They CALLED it pass interference...that was their FIRST ****up in that whole sequence.

Then, they marked off the penalty, set the ball for play, the Chiefs offense lined up, and then the Man Behind the Curtain came into Hochuli's ear piece and told them it wasn't pass interference - you can see him listening to his ear piece in the video - but they STILL didn't get it right.

So there never WAS an actual review. They never looked at the play again. And you're a ****ing dumbass.

Is your name Dan T. Hochuli or something??
Do you believe that what happened on the field was pass interference? I'm not disputing that pass interference was called. I'm asking you whether in your opinion that play should have been called pass interference? In my opinion, it clearly was not pass interference. To me, it is completely plausible that one of the officials on the field, when he heard the announced call that it was pass interference, felt that this was a bad mistake and he took steps to fix it. Indeed, calling pass interference on that play was ridiculous, because there was no way that Kelce was going to catch that ball. There can't be pass interference committed against a receiver who would otherwise had not been able to catch the pass. This is very basic and common football knowledge. It would have been wrong for the officials to call that play pass interference. They did call it that at first, but they corrected the egregious call afterward. That's all they could do. They can't say, "well, we're wrong to call it pass interference, but it was illegal contact or it was holding." That wasn't an option, given the rules. What was an option was to correct the bad call, which is what they did.
[Reply]
Beerthirty 06:16 PM 10-14-2019
What's our owner say about this?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:18 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
Do you believe that what happened on the field was pass interference? I'm not disputing that pass interference was called. I'm asking you whether in your opinion that play should have been called pass interference? In my opinion, it clearly was not pass interference. To me, it is completely plausible that one of the officials on the field, when he heard the announced call that it was pass interference, felt that this was a bad mistake and he took steps to fix it. Indeed, calling pass interference on that play was ridiculous, because there was no way that Kelce was going to catch that ball. There can't be pass interference committed against a receiver who would otherwise had not been able to catch the pass. This is very basic and common football knowledge. It would have been wrong for the officials to call that play pass interference. They did call it that at first, but they corrected the egregious call afterward. That's all they could do. They can't say, "well, we're wrong to call it pass interference, but it was illegal contact or it was holding." That wasn't an option, given the rules. What was an option was to correct the bad call, which is what they did.
It was illegal contact.

And they didn't correct it - correcting it would've been "it was illegal contact."

So, instead of giving the Chiefs the few extra yards on the DPI, they totally fuck the Chiefs in the ass with an AIDSstick and give the ball to the Texans?? How is THAT the correct call?

He was "not able to catch the pass" because he was TACKLED BEFORE THE BALL WAS THROWN.

Even though he was 1st read on the play...

He was not able to catch the ball BECAUSE of the illegal contact.

And if you say they couldn't change the call to illegal contact, how could they change it to a non-call AFTER THEY ALREADY MARKED OFF THE PENALTY AND RESET THE BALL!?

NO CHALLENGE. NO REVIEW.

Answer the questions. And if your answer doesn't include "they fucked the whole thing up" or "the NFL is rigged", then it's just more DanT bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up