ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 33
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Alex Okafor [restructured]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:15 PM 03-14-2019

The #Chiefs are expected to sign former #Saints DE Alex Okafor, source said. He gets a 3-year deal worth up to $24M.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 04:37 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
His sack total that year was inflated by a couple crazy games. It was a glimpse of hope.
... just a glimpse though? Gonna pretend like he didn't lead the league in pressures last year?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:38 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Yeah... when you hope a guy gets hurt so you can "win" a message board argument you should really evaluate your life and your priorities.
I'm not hoping he gets hurt. I bear him zero ill will.

Besides, I don't have to hope he gets hurt. He can handle that all by himself, he's made a career out of it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:38 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
... just a glimpse though? Gonna pretend like he didn't lead the league in pressures last year?
Because last year is the only one that counts.

We get it, you're an Auburn fan. Either that, or Dee Ford is a family member.

He's gone, get over it. The Chiefs aren't going to miss a beat without him.
[Reply]
J Diddy 04:39 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
Dude, Ford lined up off sides multiple times over the years and never learned his lesson. I guarantee you the patriots were in the refs ear because you know they were aware that was part of his profile. At the most crucial point of the most important Chiefs game in decades he repeated a stupid mistake that he's made too many times and it cost us a trip to the super bowl.

That said, one play is not the reason he was traded. He was traded because the risks of giving him a big contract outweighed the potential reward. Building a better defense for the Mahomes era begins now. And it means having a more balanced and more versatile defense full of consistent performers. Ford was a one-dimensional pass rusher and a liability in the run game. He was inconsistent, injury-prone, and had a low football IQ as evidenced by never learning to line up correctly.

I liked Ford and always wanted him to prove the naysayers wrong. And he may do just that in SF. But based on his track record there was no way the team could throw big money at him. The odds of it turning into another albatross of a contract were too good.
I heard he agreed to San Francisco deal because he realized Frank Gore was no longer there. Frank is two ford what war paint was to Berry
[Reply]
Iconic 04:39 PM 03-14-2019
If BOTH Seth from the Athletic and Matt from AHP are giving this guy ringing endorsements then it's a good signing. Rest of you can suck a dick.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:39 PM 03-14-2019
I love the lurker GMs that come out to tell us all how shitty the moves the team is making are.Every off-season there are a handful of mults and lurkers who just know everything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:39 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No we all expect it but this broke dick isnt a valid replacement
That's good because they aren't trying to make him a replacement. They're going to replace Ford with several players.

You should probably align your expectations with reality.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 04:40 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Zero sacks after week 9 in 2016. Down the stretch and into the playoffs Dee the Pass Rushing Unicorn disappeared completely.
As usual you’re statistics you make up are wrong. He had a sack in week 10. He played 20 combined snaps over the 3 weeks after that. So really your opinion is focused on a 4 week stretch here, all elite pass rush go on 3-4 week stretches without sacks, lmao at trying to use that as a point.

You have some weird blind hate for the guy like he fkd your mom or something lmao. You actually are making up incorrect statistics in your head just to try to support your disdain for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:41 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So far we lost 3 guys which freed up $40m in cap.

We've added 4 players on D for about $25m. Think when all is said and done we will have gotten at least 6 players on defense for the price of 3. Not bad.
EXACTLY.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:41 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So far we lost 3 guys which freed up $40m in cap.

We've added 4 players on D for about $25m. Think when all is said and done we will have gotten at least 6 players on defense for the price of 3. Not bad.
The Pats load up on mid-range contract guys.

I prefer that approach to stars and scrubs.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 04:41 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How many of them cost as much as Ford?

Oh that's right, zero.
While that's not entirely true (We're paying Watkins $18MM, and Mathieu $14MM)... NO SHIT... they don't play the same position...

... and $16MM is a bargain... for his position...
[Reply]
FAX 04:42 PM 03-14-2019
So ... what did they sign Oka for?

Was Okathree unavailable?

FAX
[Reply]
J Diddy 04:42 PM 03-14-2019
I’m Not sure how are you making excuses for facts Equal him making up statistics
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:43 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
As usual you’re statistics you make up are wrong. He had a sack in week 10. He played 20 combined snaps over the 3 weeks after that. So really your opinion is focused on a 4 week stretch here, all elite pass rush go on 3-4 week stretches without sacks, lmao at trying to use that as a point.

You have some weird blind hate for the guy like he fkd your mom or something lmao. You actually are making up incorrect statistics in your head just to try to support your disdain for him.
I was off by 1 week. :-)

Thanks for the nitpick, it sure makes a BIG difference.

And no, I don't hate the guy at all. It appears it is you who are blind. Because you haven't actually read a word I've said.

I would have taken Dee Ford back. I even would have entertained giving him a long-term contract for the right price.

I was NOT in favor of playing Dee Ford for 1 year on a $16M guaranteed salary with his history of injuries. His on-again/off-again career is not worth that kind of risk. That's all it is for me. That's all it EVER was for me.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 04:45 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I love the lurker GMs that come out to tell us all how shitty the moves the team is making are.Every off-season there are a handful of mults and lurkers who just know everything.
I love the guyswholiveonehere GM's that love to tell us how brilliant the moves the team is making are. Every off-season these idiots religiously tell us how brilliant the moves the FO is making, and every year... no trophy...
[Reply]
Page 10 of 33
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up