ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Thoughts on this PC
Otter 11:39 AM 03-10-2019
Win10 simply isn't working on my 12 year old computer. I've given up on trying to get the two to play nice. It's a fundamental driver issue and as stubborn as I am when it comes to troubleshooting I have nor the time or the patience to start hacking drivers on a decade old PC.

What's your thoughts on the value of this PC:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's ceiling would need to be say, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, MS Office, and 3D CAD.

Nerd thoughts? I'm thinking as long as sold as advertised it's a pretty good deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
This is insanity. SSD is god. Failures are extremely rare. No SSD, no performance.
If you're worried about performance, you should try using a real OS. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 11:58 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you're worried about performance, you should try using a real OS. :-)
When game developers acknowledge a different OS I'll try one, but that's never going to happen with Windows absolutely dominating the market.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:19 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
When game developers acknowledge a different OS I'll try one, but that's never going to happen with Windows absolutely dominating the market.
Right, I remember being a DOS try hard too and then windows 3.1 came and went. No problems right? Windows 95 came and I begrudgingly adopted it. Really no other choice if you're a gamer.
[Reply]
Otter 04:57 AM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Just MHO:

For gaming and document processing it would be average. I don't know what the processing requirements are for CAD, you'd need to look into that.
It doesn't appear to have a solid state drive (SSD) and the reviews indicate you may need to add a better ethernet adapter if you use wifi. I can't see what kind of cooling set up it has.
It has 6 total fans (including CPU) and all those vertical and horizontal lines you see along the sides are 1" openings. There's plenty of ventilation on both sides.

The only problem I'm having is the BIOS isn't recognizing my LINUX drive but I haven't put any time into troubleshooting yet. Weird part is is when I go into 'manage' I can see it under 'disk management'.

I'm very pleased for the price. The only time I miss SSD is when I reboot which is only 2-3 times a week.

Great budget gaming PC to get me through the warm months until I build again this winter. You can add an SSD in about 10 minutes if so desired.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:34 AM 04-01-2019
Get a PCI-E sound card.

I had a PCI sound blaster in my old computer and had been using the onboard sound on my current computer for years. I don't know how I didn't notice the difference but I was fiddling with the audio on one of my videos and got a hankering for better sound, especially after I bought a pair of $180 headphones.

Came to find my motherboard didn't even HAVE a PCI slot, so I went to Microcenter and got this bad boy.

Huge difference, especially in volume.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:27 AM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
It has 6 total fans (including CPU) and all those vertical and horizontal lines you see along the sides are 1" openings. There's plenty of ventilation on both sides.

The only problem I'm having is the BIOS isn't recognizing my LINUX drive but I haven't put any time into troubleshooting yet. Weird part is is when I go into 'manage' I can see it under 'disk management'.

I'm very pleased for the price. The only time I miss SSD is when I reboot which is only 2-3 times a week.

Great budget gaming PC to get me through the warm months until I build again this winter. You can add an SSD in about 10 minutes if so desired.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Right, I remember being a DOS try hard too and then windows 3.1 came and went. No problems right? Windows 95 came and I begrudgingly adopted it. Really no other choice if you're a gamer.
You buy a console, grit your teeth, and grin and bear it. I won't give Microsoft one more dime of my money. Yeah, I miss out on games here and there but overall, I can still play most of the big ones.
[Reply]
Otter 01:09 PM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You buy a console, grit your teeth, and grin and bear it. I won't give Microsoft one more dime of my money. Yeah, I miss out on games here and there but overall, I can still play most of the big ones.
If you have a key from Win7 I'm pretty sure you can upgrade using that key. I'd research before trying obviously but I'm pretty sure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:54 PM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
If you have a key from Win7 I'm pretty sure you can upgrade using that key. I'd research before trying obviously but I'm pretty sure.
I don't have any unused keys anymore. Don't have a use for Windows either, so it's not a big deal.
[Reply]
Fish 04:02 PM 04-01-2019
Just use KMSpico like a normal pirate....
[Reply]
gretcrisp 01:52 AM 04-07-2019
how to make a windows 10 install usb? I am also considering a upgrade from win7
[Reply]
Fish 10:07 AM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by gretcrisp:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ows10_boot_mct
[Reply]
Cissery 02:16 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by gretcrisp:
If you ask on Microsoft's website or any other Windows 10 forums,i'm sure you'll get more than that.
All about creating Win 10 install USB disk that i know,just burn iso files to a USB flash drive.You can get more info from UUbyte.com
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up