ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Media Center>First look at Will Smith as Genie
Mephistopheles Janx 09:10 AM 12-19-2018
I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Hopefully it bombs at the box office and it:

A) Forces Disney to reconsider re-making their entire fucking catalogue.
B) Forces Will Smith to take a multi-year vacation from making movies and seriously re-evaluating what bullshit film projects he signs on to.

[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:26 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It doesn't need to be exactly the same. And Alan Tudyk is one of the best voiceover actors in the game today.

It already isn't the same obviously.

But Iago/Gottfried is one of the most recognizable and iconic voices/characters.

there are some things that shouldn't be changed if you can help it.
[Reply]
-King- 03:50 PM 05-24-2019
Heard Will was great as the genie. Will probably take my daughter to it in the next couple days.
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:19 PM 05-24-2019
Heard decent reviews about it. Still not my cup of tea.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:49 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Heard Will was great as the genie. Will probably take my daughter to it in the next couple days.
I still dont understand why ppl DIDN'T think he was an absolute perfect fit.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:08 AM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Because Robbin was a staple for many because he made an animation come alive perfectly. It's hard to not see will Smith because he's such a strong personality. I thought he did really well as the genie and the rw generation of fans will love it
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:36 AM 05-25-2019
I guess he wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be. I still think the role needed someone goofy like a Jim Carrey.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:38 AM 05-25-2019
Going to see this tonight, going to be the first kids movie I've seen since Justice League. Which sucked fucking balls.
[Reply]
neech 12:55 PM 05-25-2019
He will never win an Oscar that's for sure.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:36 PM 05-25-2019
:-)

Can't these people enjoy ANYTHING without making it about this shit?

Disney’s live-action Aladdin, a remake of its 1992 animated film, has finally arrived in theaters, and on one level, it’s something of an achievement. The production, helmed by Guy Ritchie, had a hefty amount of cultural baggage to overcome, and has been dogged by controversy and skepticism over its premise and execution since before filming even began.

All the backlash isn’t entirely the 2019 film’s fault. Although the original movie was a critically acclaimed masterpiece, it was also dripping in Orientalism and harmful racist depictions of Arab culture. The new film has, for the most part, managed to shirk much of its inspiration’s exoticism and cultural inaccuracies, but despite Ritchie’s clear efforts to deliver a more respectful version of Aladdin, it may not be enough to satisfy many of its detractors.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations issued a press release earlier this week asking reviewers and critics to acknowledge that the “Aladdin myth is rooted by racism, Orientalism and Islamophobia” and to “address concerns about racial and religious stereotypes perpetuated by the [new] Disney film.”

Most people think that the story of Aladdin comes from the original 1001 Nights tales, which is a collection of traditional Middle Eastern and Asian folklore. But in fact, Aladdin isn’t a traditional folktale; it has a different history, and it’s one that still causing controversy today.

(cont'd.)

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/24/186358...oversy-history
[Reply]
BWillie 03:00 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)

Can't these people enjoy ANYTHING without making it about this shit?

Disney’s live-action Aladdin, a remake of its 1992 animated film, has finally arrived in theaters, and on one level, it’s something of an achievement. The production, helmed by Guy Ritchie, had a hefty amount of cultural baggage to overcome, and has been dogged by controversy and skepticism over its premise and execution since before filming even began.

All the backlash isn’t entirely the 2019 film’s fault. Although the original movie was a critically acclaimed masterpiece, it was also dripping in Orientalism and harmful racist depictions of Arab culture. The new film has, for the most part, managed to shirk much of its inspiration’s exoticism and cultural inaccuracies, but despite Ritchie’s clear efforts to deliver a more respectful version of Aladdin, it may not be enough to satisfy many of its detractors.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations issued a press release earlier this week asking reviewers and critics to acknowledge that the “Aladdin myth is rooted by racism, Orientalism and Islamophobia” and to “address concerns about racial and religious stereotypes perpetuated by the [new] Disney film.”

Most people think that the story of Aladdin comes from the original 1001 Nights tales, which is a collection of traditional Middle Eastern and Asian folklore. But in fact, Aladdin isn’t a traditional folktale; it has a different history, and it’s one that still causing controversy today.

(cont'd.)

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/24/186358...oversy-history
Agreed. It's a FICTIONAL tale in a FICTIONAL place. Agrabah or w/e doesn't exist.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:03 PM 05-25-2019
Aladdin is my favorite of the Disney animated classics so I didn't expect to love this remake- and I didn't. It was entertaining for sure, though. The audience I saw it with applauded at the end.

Will Smith was the best part of the movie. By far.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:30 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Aladdin is my favorite of the Disney animated classics so I didn't expect to love this remake- and I didn't. It was entertaining for sure, though. The audience I saw it with applauded at the end.

Will Smith was the best part of the movie. By far.
I wasn't too in love with the actor who played Aladdin but it worked.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:38 PM 05-25-2019
One thing that we all need to know, is Jasmin fuckable enough?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:59 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I wasn't too in love with the actor who played Aladdin but it worked.
He was probably the worst part of the movie aside from basically everything to do with Jafar.

I'll give them a pass on Jafar because bringing that cartoonishly overdramatic villain to life in live-action would have been difficult. Aladdin was just stiff and wooden. I hated any song he sang. Felt like he lacked energy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:00 PM 05-25-2019
One thing that we all need to know, is Jasmin fuckable enough?
She's so fucking fine. And she can sing her ass off, too. That actress did well.

Wish they'd have had her in the classic blue dress at one point during the movie but no biggie.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up