ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 57
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
DaFace 02:52 PM 04-03-2019
Flaws and all, Captain Marvel is a huge financial success. Go figure.

Captain Marvel passed the $1 billion global mark on Tuesday.

The film has grossed $358.1M domestically and $644.5M internationally for a global total of $1.003B.#CaptainMarvel #BoxOffice @MarvelStudios @captainmarvel pic.twitter.com/Knn6wT09BU

— BoxOfficeReport.com (@BORReport) April 3, 2019

[Reply]
FAX 03:00 PM 04-03-2019
1B and counting. I'm glad ...

As I've said before (and posted before and mumbled before many times), I'll continue to support Marvel because I admire their accomplishment, their obvious appreciation of the source material, their commitment to (mostly) excellent casting, and their basic ability to make fun, entertaining movies (most of the time).

They can have my money unless or until they release a string of nasty dogs. I say, let them get even richer since that validates their approach.

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:40 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That knife flip at 1:40 is awesome.

Mind-controlled Bucky is a dog. He got a hell of a nerf when he regained his conscience.
He did take down Iron Man with Cap (which many argued was a nerf of Iron Man, but whatever).

I will agree he was quite reduced in IW, though - but that was likely due to the sheer abundance of heroes running around.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:42 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The Russo’s could make a tampon commercial entertaining. They’re excellent storytellers.

They’ll un **** the character for this film and then it will be back to more of the same.
I agree. Tbh I thought Chris Evans was simply "decent" as Cap in his first two movies. He didn't really have a memorable line/moment as Cap in Cap 1 and had some straight up wooden exchanges with RDJ in The Avengers.

The Russos then proceeded to make him an ass-kicking Bourne level badass in Cap 2. I trust they'll find what works for Brie, too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:28 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
He did take down Iron Man with Cap (which many argued was a nerf of Iron Man, but whatever).
They tried to play it off with Tony's suit being wrecked, but it was some bullshit either way. He could have ended that fight pretty much any time if he wasn't fucking around.

Actually, he really did come out on top. He put Bucky out of commission and beat Cap's ass. He only ended up 'losing' because he got distracted. Kind of like a Red Viper vs The Mountain situation.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:34 PM 04-03-2019
They tried to play it off with Tony's suit being wrecked, but it was some bullshit either way. He could have ended that fight pretty much any time if he wasn't fucking around.

Actually, he really did come out on top. He put Bucky out of commission and beat Cap's ass. He only ended up 'losing' because he got distracted. Kind of like a Red Viper vs The Mountain situation.
I think part of the story is that he was pulling punches. At no point did he really ever want to fight Cap. It just ended up that way, and I think he pulled punches on account of it.

They definitely nerfed him pretty hard, but the action played out in a non-completely fucking retarded way so I didn't have a problem.

At least that's what I got out of it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:52 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think part of the story is that he was pulling punches. At no point did he really ever want to fight Cap. It just ended up that way, and I think he pulled punches on account of it.

They definitely nerfed him pretty hard, but the action played out in a non-completely fucking retarded way so I didn't have a problem.

At least that's what I got out of it.
100%. I thought the movie was awesome and Tony was definitely pulling punches.

It was technically a Captain America movie so you'd expect him to get most of the shine. I just laugh at anyone who truly believes he wouldn't get wrecked in a second going up against Iron Man or Spider-Man if they were truly trying to hurt him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:06 PM 04-03-2019
100%. I thought the movie was awesome and Tony was definitely pulling punches.

It was technically a Captain America movie so you'd expect him to get most of the shine. I just laugh at anyone who truly believes he wouldn't get wrecked in a second going up against Iron Man or Spider-Man if they were truly trying to hurt him.
Spiderman doesn't have the firepower to hurt him really bad. Tony just has to fly up and fire fucking missiles at Cap.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:34 PM 04-03-2019
A lot of people don't realize how much stronger Spider-Man is than Cap, Bucky and dudes in their strength class. There's a huge gap between Spidey and those guys.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:38 PM 04-03-2019
A lot of people don't realize how much stronger Spider-Man is than Cap, Bucky and dudes in their strength class. There's a huge gap between Spidey and those guys.
I’m not saying there isn’t but he just doesn’t have anything that does a ton of damage.

Fucking Stark has missiles.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:02 PM 04-03-2019
Wrong thread
[Reply]
FAX 08:35 PM 04-03-2019
I’m not saying there isn’t but he just doesn’t have anything that does a ton of damage.

****ing Stark has missiles.
Indubitably.

Stark blew up a tank with a device the size of a labia flap.

FAX
[Reply]
Fish 09:44 PM 04-03-2019

Fucking Stark has missiles.
Not necessarily true. In the comics, Spiderman picked up a tank and used it as a hammer. He's got plenty of strength to actually smash the hell out of Ironman if he wants to. And with Spideysense, missiles are slooooow.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:12 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not necessarily true. In the comics, Spiderman picked up a tank and used it as a hammer. He's got plenty of strength to actually smash the hell out of Ironman if he wants to. And with Spideysense, missiles are slooooow.
I’m talking in regards to cap and IM fighting, IM has more firepower to do damage to cap than Spidey would if cap and Spidey fought.

I had no idea my take was so controversial:-)
[Reply]
Fish 12:38 AM 04-04-2019
I’m talking in regards to cap and IM fighting, IM has more firepower to do damage to cap than Spidey would if cap and Spidey fought.

I had no idea my take was so controversial:-)
No worries.... We're officially at the crazy comics/MCU point of defining powers... But in the comics, Spiderman would just straight destroy Iron Man. Hands down. Spiderman was my #1 favorite comic back in the day. I read all of them. He was intentionally a complete nerd with the ability to lift 45 tons. He was much stronger than the MCU ever comes close to portraying. With like almost time-stopping spidey sense ability to avoid any incoming projectile.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 57
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up