ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Media Center>Black Mirror?
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 01-12-2018
I haven't watched all of the episodes, but from what I have seen it's been great.

Watched White Christmas last night... and it's a doozy, but I highly recommend people give it a shot and since Black Mirror is an anthology series, you don't have to watch the previous season (though I think there are very minor background linkages among the episodes as things progress.) For the episode itself, you're in for a treat if you're a fan of a certain series lead from a certain period drama from AMC.

I skipped around San Junipero from Season 3 after seeing Redditors rave about the episode and because of Mackenzie Davis. Great concept for a story and definitely worth viewing.

I talked about USS Callister from Season 4 in the Star Trek thread and again I say that it's worth a watch. I was sold once I saw Cristin Milioti and Jimmi Simpson in the cast.. but Jesse Plemons fucking knocked the episode out of the park.

Hang the DJ... oh man. Maybe it's because of my age and the thematic matter of the episode, but fuck that's a definite must recommend from my end.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:20 PM 09-27-2019
Bronn is really good in his episode though
[Reply]
Iconic 07:02 PM 04-26-2023
Gentlemen... It is ****ing time.

Welcome the best most twisted ****ing anthology series ever, back.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:04 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by Iconic:

OMFG. I am breathless.

I've been dying for this show to return.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:47 AM 05-01-2023

This is GREAT news!

That said, I thought the writer said he wouldnt do anymore as he had become insanely scared of the bad roads technology was taking?
[Reply]
Sorter 08:16 PM 05-04-2023

I realized I’d never watched a trailer for this and shut it off 15 seconds in.

Can’t wait.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:17 PM 05-04-2023

Death, Love, and Robots isn’t too bad either.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:09 PM 06-15-2023
New season dropped today.

About to savor an episode a day over the next few.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:19 PM 06-16-2023
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Death, Love, and Robots isn’t too bad either.
^
[Reply]
staylor26 05:59 PM 06-17-2023
I've watched the first 4 out of 5.

No terrible ones yet, but I don't know if there's a great one either. Beyond the Sea was probably the best.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:55 AM 06-18-2023
Started watching the first episode and lost interest half way through.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:46 PM 06-18-2023
The wife has been watching this and she told me I should check it out - she said like Twilight Zone but really fucked up! I have some time off in a few weeks so will finish up Jack Ryan and check this out next. :-)
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:08 AM 06-19-2023
I've been a fan of this show and Love, Death and Robots. The first episode was pretty uneven and the inclusion of Selma Hayek was surprising. One thing that I will agree with is that AI will replace actors in the very near future.

Netflix has gone from $8 to $16 per month. Just not worth it now.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:27 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I've been a fan of this show and Love, Death and Robots. The first episode was pretty uneven and the inclusion of Selma Hayek was surprising. One thing that I will agree with is that AI will replace actors in the very near future.

Netflix has gone from $8 to $16 per month. Just not worth it now.
That's on Netflix though..every other stream service is cheaper than that one. Netflix charges extra for more streams at the same time, extra for 4k other platforms don't do that..

That's a Netflix problem.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:46 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's on Netflix though..every other stream service is cheaper than that one. Netflix charges extra for more streams at the same time, extra for 4k other platforms don't do that..

That's a Netflix problem.
Plus the amount of new content, at least what I can find easily, is very small. I'm looking to cut the cable and my $260 bill per month. Was concerned about having to buy a specific package for the Royals however not really concerned as I enjoy the game more when I listen on the radio and can get things done.

Getting close to retirement and deciding that I really don't want to spend my days sitting in front of the idiot box.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:26 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Started watching the first episode and lost interest half way through.
Gotta power through it. Payoff is pretty good and changes how you’re looking at the first half.

It’s a little cheekier than the typical black mirror episode. Not one of the top 5 episodes but pretty compelling
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up