ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Mindhunter
Frazod 09:19 PM 10-16-2017
Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:28 PM 08-18-2019
So if you're like me, and usually skip the intros, don't skip the one for episode 9. You'll hear why.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:38 PM 08-18-2019
Got to admit, I was a little...surprised how lenient they were with the character of Wayne Williams. I haven't read the Mindhunter book, but I have the impression that Douglas (he's Ford in the series) is convinced to this day that Williams was the one responsible, and not just for the two murders he's doing time for.

Going to be interesting to see what happens now that the city of Atlanta has re-opened the investigation, though.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:47 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Got to admit, I was a little...surprised how lenient they were with the character of Wayne Williams. I haven't read the Mindhunter book, but I have the impression that Douglas (he's Ford in the series) is convinced to this day that Williams was the one responsible, and not just for the two murders he's doing time for.

Going to be interesting to see what happens now that the city of Atlanta has re-opened the investigation, though.
He did an interview (Douglas) a few years ago. IIRC he said he felt Wayne was involved in around 13 of the murders, but that there was far more to the story of the Atlanta childmurders and the truth was “very unpleasant”.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:54 PM 08-18-2019
I'm about to re-listen to an interview from a few weeks ago, linked it earlier in the thread. I was doing other things while I listened the first time, so I may not have heard what I thought I heard.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:50 PM 08-18-2019
Starting Episode 6 now. We'll probably wrap it up tomorrow night.

The casting director should get an Emmy. The people they got to portray Manson and Berkowitz were amazing.

Great show.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:11 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Just finished season 2 last night,the dude playing Charlie Manson nails it too.
Same guy played Manson in the new Tarantino movie.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:55 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Same guy played Manson in the new Tarantino movie.
Damon Herriman. He was also Dewey Crowe in Justified.

He's the Olivier of whacked out scumbags. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:21 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Now, you give him a title like that, . . . and the anus is awn you to duhfend it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:48 AM 08-20-2019

LOL. Whenever I see him I almost always yell out DEWEY!
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:11 PM 08-20-2019
Watching this inspired me to listen to all of Atlanta Monster again, and holy shit what a nuts case.

Wayne Williams seems to be responsible for about half of the official list, and the rest, who the fuck knows. It'll be interesting to see what changes, if anything, now that they're going to put modern eyes and tech on it.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:35 PM 08-20-2019
Watching this inspired me to listen to all of Atlanta Monster again, and holy shit what a nuts case.

Wayne Williams seems to be responsible for about half of the official list, and the rest, who the fuck knows. It'll be interesting to see what changes, if anything, now that they're going to put modern eyes and tech on it.
But didn't the murders stop after he was arrested? Had there been another killer, they wouldn't have.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:05 PM 08-20-2019
But didn't the murders stop after he was arrested? Had there been another killer, they wouldn't have.
That's a point of some contention, whether the killings stopped, or whether they stopped looking for killings that fit the original MO once they had Wayne. Some folks evidently think the mayor's office just wanted the media coverage to end.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:35 PM 08-20-2019
That's a point of some contention, whether the killings stopped, or whether they stopped looking for killings that fit the original MO once they had Wayne. Some folks evidently think the mayor's office just wanted the media coverage to end.
I can believe that. Hard to believe they were able to get anything done in that political quagmire.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:50 PM 08-20-2019
Yeah, first black mayor in a deep south city with a police force riddled with Klan members and somebody is killing black kids? It's a miracle they caught anyone.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:25 PM 08-21-2019
Great series. I thought it moved along pretty well except the superfluous scenes with the doctor and her girlfriend. Pretty boring. She is a dud of a character. The Manson character was spot on.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up