ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 186 of 934
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196236286686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:08 AM 04-07-2019
Are we recovered yet? I manage three accounts and two of them are about 0.3 percent off their 2018 peak, but the third took a real beating and is still down about 4 percent.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:09 AM 04-07-2019
I'm feeling a crash coming. I cashed out about 35% of my portfolio to cash-like vehicles; CDs, stable-value funds, etc.

Seriously considering buying some Gold and Silver...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:58 AM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Everyone's did. My investment account was so bad my guy called and asked to move things around to show a loss. Of course I said yes. Now all better.
Feel like I need to keep a list of well run companies with good history and buy in when they dip and start to come back up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 AM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I'm feeling a crash coming. I cashed out about 35% of my portfolio to cash-like vehicles; CDs, stable-value funds, etc.

I知 not educated enough to comment on a crash but I am certain that buying metals is a horrible idea. Virtually nobody made any money that tried it.

I talked to a guy that sold his 2 combines and bought silver on this fucks advice. He didn稚 get in at the top but got goddamned close.

Anybody that did get the run up almost certainly kept it too long.

I知 sure someone made money but the Poeple that bought it bought it because the economy was going to crash and it never did. And most took a bath.

Cash is good enough.

The thing no one selling the shit ever tells you is that gold is a commodity market not an economic indicator. Look at any commodity chart. There is never sustained growth. Just swings.

/not a professional.

But seriously.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:29 PM 04-07-2019

Buy Gold and Silver if you wanna always lag the market.

Does sound cool to always say though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:31 PM 04-07-2019
I'm feeling a crash coming.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:34 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You should prove him wrong by leveraging up to long IQ calls.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:35 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Feel like I need to keep a list of well run companies with good history and buy in when they dip and start to come back up.
That's what everyone says.

Until you realize you can't predict the bottom. So how do you know when is a good time to buy in....or if you're buying into a falling knife in a bear market vs a quick rebound?

You never know and if you did, you'd be rich.

My long term retirement funds are mostly indexed, in which I re-balance a few times a year as needed. I will swing trade good companies in my brokerage account though. Buy on a dip when I think I can see support. Sell for a quick 3% gain. Then go find another. I originally would try to find a smaller stock to try to make a greater profit on. Sat/Sold too much for loses looking for the golden ticket. Sticking to trading major companies is much easier if you realize small gains can be useful.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:44 PM 04-07-2019
RAD finna blast off to the Moon any day now, folks.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:09 AM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Until you realize you can't predict the bottom. So how do you know when is a good time to buy in....or if you're buying into a falling knife in a bear market vs a quick rebound?

My long term retirement funds are mostly indexed, in which I re-balance a few times a year as needed. I will swing trade good companies in my brokerage account though. Buy on a dip when I think I can see support. Sell for a quick 3% gain. Then go find another. I originally would try to find a smaller stock to try to make a greater profit on. Sat/Sold too much for loses looking for the golden ticket. Sticking to trading major companies is much easier if you realize small gains can be useful.
Looks like you and I both got smart.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:10 AM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:

That’s true. I’m very picky about which one to purchase though. I mean c’mon. There was a great bull market in December.

Amazon was down 3k and they are ****ing Amazon. They rule the world. Easy to see they would go back up.

And they are up roughly 32% since that dip. Sheesh
[Reply]
lewdog 05:45 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That痴 true. I知 very picky about which one to purchase though. I mean c知on. There was a great bull market in December.

Amazon was down 3k and they are ****ing Amazon. They rule the world. Easy to see they would go back up.

And they are up roughly 32% since that dip. Sheesh
Amazon down $3k? I知 not following.
[Reply]
Munson 07:46 AM 04-09-2019
Cerner (CERN) up about 14% after announcing they will increase buybacks by $1.2 billion.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:30 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Cerner (CERN) up about 14% after announcing they will increase buybacks by $1.2 billion.
Kansas City about to be privileged with three new breweries gracing the Crossroads.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:45 PM 04-15-2019
IQ still sucks donkey balls.

News at 10.
[Reply]
Page 186 of 934
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196236286686 > Last »
Up