ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Board Game Fans?
Pitt Gorilla 11:45 PM 11-27-2011
A friend of mine has got me into some "geeky" gaming that has become a real hit at my house. We've been playing Ticket to Ride and Forbidden Island as a family, while my buddy and I have been playing Ascension, Resident Evil, and Dominion.

Are there any other cool board/card games out there that I should check out? I mean, I've seen the spiel des jahres lists, but I'd love some first hand thoughts on cool games.
[Reply]
Gonzo 03:42 PM 11-29-2011

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:44 PM 11-29-2011
"Daddy, whats a board game?"

"Nevermind son, just go play the Wii again"
[Reply]
whoman69 08:16 PM 11-29-2011
Axis and Allies
Cosmic Encounters
Liftoff
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:16 PM 12-11-2011
Just picked up Dominion (my own copy) and Settlers of Catan.
[Reply]
Buck 11:45 PM 12-11-2011
Bananagrams is a fun game. It's like scrabble, except way more fun and action packed.

My friend is buying his girlfriend Settlers of Catan for Christmas so I am pretty excited for our weekly board game night in the near future.
[Reply]
pearlblue 08:56 AM 12-12-2011
My friends and I are into Backgammon, Chinese Checkers, and Game of the Generals.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:46 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Just picked up Dominion (my own copy) and
Played some dominion, I liked it...Short and sweet. Kind of a deck building / drafting game. Appeals to the MTG player in me....also thought it was cool how you could change the game a lot by adding or removing available cards from the 10 stacks.

Also looked a little more closely at Munchkin Quest...I think I might have to purchase it...Seems to have a lot of the good things that Warhammer Quest had, without the expense.

Although....you can make your own warhammer quest with a little elbow grease.
[Reply]
Buck 04:43 PM 12-17-2011
My friends and I do game night every wednesday night, I think I may have already mentioned that.

Well my friend is getting his girlfriend Settlers of Catan so we have that to play. The 4 of us also did a secret santa, and I got my friends girlfriend, so I bought her Ticket To Ride: Europe Edition.

I'm not sure if it's a dick move to get someone a gift that I'll be using a lot, but I really think she'll like it. I've never played a Ticket To Ride game, but I've only heard great things.

Anyway, I'm stoked that starting this next week we have both Settlers and Ticket to Ride!
[Reply]
patteeu 09:42 AM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by Buck:
My friends and I do game night every wednesday night, I think I may have already mentioned that.

Well my friend is getting his girlfriend Settlers of Catan so we have that to play. The 4 of us also did a secret santa, and I got my friends girlfriend, so I bought her Ticket To Ride: Europe Edition.

I'm not sure if it's a dick move to get someone a gift that I'll be using a lot, but I really think she'll like it. I've never played a Ticket To Ride game, but I've only heard great things.

Anyway, I'm stoked that starting this next week we have both Settlers and Ticket to Ride!
:-) I think I need to get your friend's girlfriend a new crock pot because I really like chili!

The weekly game night is a great thing though. :-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:54 PM 12-19-2011

This is an awesome game when you have a bunch of people. (drinking is optional, but recommended, by me)
[Reply]
Shag 02:25 PM 12-19-2011
Some games my friends and I play:

Pandemic
Last Day on Earth
Battlestar Galactica
Formula D
Settlers of Catan

All great games, and makes for a nice variety. I've never heard of Ticket to Ride mentioned here - will have to check that out...

I want to check out the Game of Thrones game, but not sure if it's any good...
[Reply]
The Rick 02:33 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by Buck:
Settlers of Catan
Seconded...
[Reply]
Buck 03:29 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by Sofa King:

This is an awesome game when you have a bunch of people. (drinking is optional, but recommended, by me)
That game is fucking gay.
[Reply]
Buck 03:30 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by patteeu:
:-) I think I need to get your friend's girlfriend a new crock pot because I really like chili!

The weekly game night is a great thing though. :-)
I once bought my mom a can opener for Christmas because ours stopped working. Huge mistake.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 AM 12-20-2011
I don't know if this is any good.....but I figured it belonged in the thread.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/6576...ers-board-game
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up