ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 68
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 05:04 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Guru:
Batman Begins > The Dark Knight - (wash) - Watchmen >>>>>>> 300
FYP
[Reply]
Reaper16 05:41 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Doesn't bother me a bit that you like it, and by all means watch it to your heart's content. :-)

I just wasn't sure why he was trying to get into a dick-measuring contest over how many times he's seen watchmen... :-)

I've seen Dark Knight 4 times!
Yeah, well, I've seen Watchmen 327.6 times!!eleven

Okay dude, whatever makes you happy. :-)
Jesus. Is that what you think that post was? :-) You talked about how many times you rewatched certain tangentially related movies and never rewatched Watchmen; I found it funny that I, compared to you, had rewatched Watchmen many times. All that post does is point out a humorous difference between our likes and dislikes.
[Reply]
007 07:13 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
FYP
Actually, that is even closer to how I feel about the last two films.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:16 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
. There's a reason why Singer's vision wasn't well recieved.
He tried to be different, but ended up with a downbeat depressing Supes. Nobody wants to see that. Plus, he didnt have enough action IMO.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 07:32 PM 10-05-2010
Cassel > Watchmen
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 09:05 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He tried to be different, but ended up with a downbeat depressing Supes. Nobody wants to see that. Plus, he didnt have enough action IMO.
Personally, the only misstep Singer had in his rendition was the Superman-has-a-kid story arc. Lameola.
[Reply]
Silock 09:11 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by frazod:
Ask yourself how a complete psychopath who kills off his own men with reckless abandon would be able to accomplish the complex things he pulls off with absolute, perfect precision? I mean, you never see him planning anything - it all just happens. How? It didn't make any sense at all.
I don't need to see the planning. I didn't expect the movie to be the A-Team :-)
[Reply]
Silock 09:12 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by frazod:
No, just a typo. Again, fuck that movie. And I hate it just a little bit more every time somebody attempts to convince me how wonderful and visionary it is.
I don't think it was wonderful or visionary. It was just a great take on the Batman universe. Made for a damn good superhero flick.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 09:14 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Silock:
I don't need to see the planning. I didn't expect the movie to be the A-Team :-)
Well, I'll phrase it differently than frazod.

My problem has been that the whole movie tells you that the Joker is, in fact, anarchy. He is the king of it. He just "does". Just goes with the flow.

Yet, if you look at the anarchy he creates, it's all expertly planned and executed. If it's planned, it isn't anarchy.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:36 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Jesus. Is that what you think that post was? :-) You talked about how many times you rewatched certain tangentially related movies and never rewatched Watchmen; I found it funny that I, compared to you, had rewatched Watchmen many times. All that post does is point out a humorous difference between our likes and dislikes.
Right.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:38 PM 10-05-2010
Right.
Tell me what the tone of this post is.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:06 PM 10-05-2010
Honestly, that's how I saw it. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:25 PM 10-05-2010
Tell me what the tone of this post is.
I left it intentionally vague because I'm bored to death at work. :-)

Curses. Foiled again.
[Reply]
Silock 11:57 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Well, I'll phrase it differently than frazod.

My problem has been that the whole movie tells you that the Joker is, in fact, anarchy. He is the king of it. He just "does". Just goes with the flow.

Yet, if you look at the anarchy he creates, it's all expertly planned and executed. If it's planned, it isn't anarchy.
I look at it as planned in order to create anarchy. But even still, there is anarchy within the plan.

Plus . . . it's a movie. I'm not sitting there breaking down Dr. Manhattan because it's not a feasible scenario.
[Reply]
Taco John 12:02 AM 10-06-2010
I don't like it. Snyder is all style over substance.

Sure, but Nolan isn't. Which is why it's the perfect pairing for Superman.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 68
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up