ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 68
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:04 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ill go watch my 4 hour cut of Dune. : )
:-)
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:15 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Yeah.
blasphemy

In what way is Watchmen better then TDK

TDK

Has betting Acting better directing a more coherent storyline it even has production values.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:16 AM 10-05-2010
Ill go watch my 4 hour cut of Dune. : )
Dear god why would you want to torture your self like that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:17 AM 10-05-2010
They better not fuck this up again, because Supes is the only Superhero that makes feel like a little kid rooting for his icon.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 11:19 AM 10-05-2010
I'll be very excited to see if anyone is able to make Superman relavent and/or even interesting again. He's a product of such a specific time and place.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:21 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I'll be very excited to see if anyone is able to make Superman relavent and/or even interesting again. He's a product of a such a specific time and place.
Its becuase he basically has no weakness.

People have a hardtime rooting for a character when he will just throw stuff out in to space at the end of every movie or turn back time by spining aounrd the planet.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 11:24 AM 10-05-2010
That's definately part of it.

But I also think the focus has always been on the wrong aspects of the character and his impact on the world around him. When those issues have been bridged in the past, it's been fairly superficial; quickly giving way to spectical.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:38 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
blasphemy

In what way is Watchmen better then TDK

TDK

Has betting Acting better directing a more coherent storyline it even has production values.
I think that the material is better, that's all. I think there's much more psychological complexity to the characters. I think it is brilliant commentary on the entire genre of superhero movie (whereas the source material is commentary on comics, specifically). Don't get me wrong - I love The Dark Knight too. TDK has the edge for me in directing and has a transcendent performance in Ledger's Joker. Your other categories are a wash for me.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:58 PM 10-05-2010
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3...ewpost=4114271

these geeks have their nerd-boners going about the news
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:06 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I'll be very excited to see if anyone is able to make Superman relavent and/or even interesting again. He's a product of such a specific time and place.

How is it that the TV show has lasted 10 years then? Surely a fresh take that people would enjoy can be done somehow?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:33 PM 10-05-2010
How is it that the TV show has lasted 10 years then? Surely a fresh take that people would enjoy can be done somehow?
smallvilles ratings have been abysmall god only know's why the CW keeps that POS aournd it went to crap to total worthless crap as soon as the actor who played lex left the show.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:18 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by frazod:
Perhaps I'll watch it again tonight, just to piss you off. :-)
Doesn't bother me a bit that you like it, and by all means watch it to your heart's content. :-)

I just wasn't sure why he was trying to get into a dick-measuring contest over how many times he's seen watchmen... :-)

I've seen Dark Knight 4 times!
Yeah, well, I've seen Watchmen 327.6 times!!eleven

Okay dude, whatever makes you happy. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:32 PM 10-05-2010
I'm pissed that I actually bought Dark Knight on blu ray. I'll never watch it again.
[Reply]
007 03:35 PM 10-05-2010
Batman Begins > The Dark Knight > Watchmen > 300
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:03 PM 10-05-2010
The TV show has done as well as it has for exactly that reason. Because it found a fresh angle. The show focused on Clark Kent as a young man learning how to become Superman. But it's not fresh anymore, and it's hardly Superman. A film is going to have a difficult time overcoming the inherent flaws in the character. Smallville side-stepped those flaws by showing us how he became a superhero. I suspect this new film will not take that same path.

I don't think it's impossible to find an innovative take on the character. But it'll be difficult. There's a reason why Singer's vision wasn't well recieved. Especially over-seas.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 68
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up