ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 27
« First < 172324252627
Nzoner's Game Room>**** MNF Packers vs. Lions Game Thread ****
wazu 06:12 PM 10-14-2019
We beat the Lions, so... if they beat the Packers, we can relax about that game, right?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:19 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I watched the video earlier and he literally gave him one last shove with his hand in that position which clearly pushes the head back further. It wasn’t simply a grazing. It’s a clear penalty.
Oh please! If that is a penalty (and it could be), it's a NFL-created rule that's there to help officials steer games. Because THAT too happens on almost every play, and, if it is a penalty, it's only called when the officials need to steer the game.

Just like holding on the O-line - it happens on almost every play, is called timely and selectively (usually in favor of the NFL's preferred teams), and is called very differently than the standard the secondary gets called for "holding".

At best it's an excuse the WWFL uses to steer games. So the best question if that's what the NFL is saying is, "why all the ones you don't call then?" That's where they'll leap to the "it's a tough job" and/or the "we can't see everything" and/or the "we were 'letting them play'" excuses.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:21 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I also think that the last Detroit TD against Kansas City wasn't a touchdown, but it was in our best interest to have it ruled a touchdown since we needed the time for the final drive, so I didn't mind that erroneous call.
Is that the one where the second foot may have grazed a blade of "grass" rather than the actual ground? That was some bullshit, though it ended up working out for us.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 27
« First < 172324252627
Up