ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing Kareem Hunt killed us
493rd 11:20 AM 10-14-2019
This may seem obvious, but I believe Hunt’s loss created a more glaring void than anyone could’ve imagined. The simple reality is that our offense no longer has the ability to sustain drives because we can’t run the football. It’s easy to bitch at Reid for not running the ball, but the truth is that we can’t block well enough to run the damn ball, and the RBs we have now aren’t capable of creating things on their own. Hunt was and was at the top of the yards after first contact category. Now, no team in the league fears our run game and they’re teeing off on our shitty line as a result.

Getting Fisher back will help, but it won’t change things significantly enough to matter. Until we find another guy in the backfield that commands the oppositions respect, we’ll continue to struggle offensively. There will certainly be games that Mahomes is unstoppable in, but they likely won’t be in January. Damien Williams, McCoy, and the others aren’t nearly good enough.
[Reply]
TEX 09:36 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They are, which is why you can't help but laugh every time Pitt gets emotional about it.
No they're not. Which is why you cant help but laugh at those who think they are.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:38 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
No they're not. Which is why you cant help but laugh at those who think they are.
Yeah they are, which is why you're just as hilarious. :-)

There are going to be a shitload of young backs in the draft that will quickly make you forget we ever had Kareem to begin with. It's gonna be a loaded class with talent.

Sorry but what a dumbass statement.
[Reply]
TEX 09:51 AM 11-15-2019
Yeah they are, which is why you're just as hilarious. :-)

There are going to be a shitload of young backs in the draft that will quickly make you forget we ever had Kareem to begin with. It's gonna be a loaded class with talent.

Sorry but what a dumbass statement.
:-)
Sorry bud. You could not be more wrong about Kareem Hunt. He was not simply replaced this season by just any RB, and wont be in the future. Its gonna take a very good one to do it.

But yes, there are good RB's coming out. Maybe the Chiefs get one. b/c they sure as hell need one.
[Reply]
oldman 09:51 AM 11-15-2019
Hunt "balled" last night? 6 carries for 12 yards seems like something Sherman would have if we gave him 6 carries.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:22 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If dumbass Hunt just would have stayed in the hotel room. Or there wasn't a camera. Or the video never leaked. Or instead of almost stopping his kick, he completely stopped it before it got to her. Or maybe even if he didn't lie to Clark Hunt. Or hell if the video comes out when it happened.

But all those things happened, in the middle of a dream season, when we had possibly the best offense the NFL has ever seen.

Because. Chiefs.

Agreed, if they just gave her the phone back, she would have left.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:29 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
:-)
Sorry bud. You could not be more wrong about Kareem Hunt. He was not simply replaced this season by just any RB, and wont be in the future. Its gonna take a very good one to do it.

But yes, there are good RB's coming out. Maybe the Chiefs get one. b/c they sure as hell need one.
You mean a scrapheap pick up and a 6th rounder didn't do the ticket????? Wowserz!!!!!
[Reply]
lcarus 10:34 AM 11-15-2019
I'd love to draft Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin. Not with our first rounder though, which is probably the only way we'll get him.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:52 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I'd love to draft Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin. Not with our first rounder though, which is probably the only way we'll get him.
He's a 2nd round player. Only RB that goes in the first will be Swift.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:10 AM 11-15-2019
I'd spend a second on him no problem. The best backs this year are Swift, Ettien, Dobbins, Taylor, Harris, Hubberd and Moss by the looks of it with Perrine also worth mentioning. Harris intrigues me as at times he reminds me of Gurley...Hubberd has risen fast and is fast as hell..Dobbins is great at everything and Ettien's stats are crazy. We've got to get one of these guys next year and finally replace Kareem imo.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:10 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
unless Kareem Hunt learned how to play defense he wasnt going to help win crap

He sent that blocker flying. Bring him in for a look?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:21 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I'd spend a second on him no problem. The best backs this year are Swift, Ettien, Dobbins, Taylor, Harris, Hubberd and Moss by the looks of it with Perrine also worth mentioning. Harris intrigues me as at times he reminds me of Gurley...Hubberd has risen fast and is fast as hell..Dobbins is great at everything and Ettien's stats are crazy. We've got to get one of these guys next year and finally replace Kareem imo.
I like Akers and Edwards-helaire will be high on my list if he declares early, and I think he will.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:34 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I'm not hugely familiar with all of those guys. But I've seen Taylor play a little bit. He has those huge legs like Kareem. I want a power back who is also good as a receiver.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:45 AM 11-15-2019
I'm not hugely familiar with all of those guys. But I've seen Taylor play a little bit. He has those huge legs like Kareem. I want a power back who is also good as a receiver.
Yeah Taylor has a proven record and is an exciting prospect for sure. Taylor and Dobbins shared the same field recently and I have to say Dobbins won that battle going away. Dobbins can run routes out of the slot too so he's very dangerous.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:48 AM 11-15-2019
I like Akers and Edwards-helaire will be high on my list if he declares early, and I think he will.
Yeah Edwards certainly opened many eyes after his game against bama...some folks think he's like Darron Sproles though? Could he be a three-down back? Because that's what we need imo.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:54 PM 11-15-2019
Reid avoids power backs. They better be quick and a great route runner. Carlos Hyde would have helped us this year. We didn't get rid of anyone else for a fumble, only the power RB.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up