ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Walter Becker Julien's Auction
srvy 01:28 PM 09-23-2019
Walter Becker the late Guitarist and Bassist for Steely Dan it is written coined the phrase GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). If it wasnt him he sure had it bad.

This is the items his estate has up for auction. Its a impressive list for those interested in musical instruments. If you got GAS check it out!

https://www.julienslive.com/m/view-a...catalog/id/312
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04:15 PM 09-23-2019
Awesome. I'm a huge Dan fan. Got to see them at Red Rocks in 2008. One of the best shows I've been to. Becker said, "You're the best fucking Dan crowd I've ever seen" at the end of the show. I might throw down on one of those amps.
[Reply]
srvy 04:38 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Awesome. I'm a huge Dan fan. Got to see them at Red Rocks in 2008. One of the best shows I've been to. Becker said, "You're the best fucking Dan crowd I've ever seen" at the end of the show. I might throw down on one of those amps.
Yeah I spotted a few Id like to bid on but have a feeling the couple im interested in every other vintage tube amp collector is also.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 07:41 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah I spotted a few Id like to bid on but have a feeling the couple im interested in every other vintage tube amp collector is also.
That Stromberg-Carlson is gorgeous.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 08:20 PM 09-23-2019
I didn't get into Steely Dan until my late 30s, but they quickly became my favorite artists of all time. Own every album, every Donald F4GEN (have to trick the word filter, lol) solo album, and they're always on my playlist. Most enjoyable discographies of any artist, along with Zappa, Bowie, King Crimson, and Scott Walker IMO

[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 08:47 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
I didn't get into Steely Dan until my late 30s, but they quickly became my favorite artists of all time. Own every album, every Donald F4GEN (have to trick the word filter, lol) solo album, and they're always on my playlist. Most enjoyable discographies of any artist, along with Zappa, Bowie, King Crimson, and Scott Walker IMO

Agreed. They’re one of a very very small group of artists whose entire discography I can enjoy. Every track from every album. Their quality is one of the most consistent ever. One of the most unique sounds ever, too.
[Reply]
Munson 09:06 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Walter Becker the late Guitarist and Bassist for Steely Dan it is written coined the phrase GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). If it wasnt him he sure had it bad.

This is the items his estate has up for auction. Its a impressive list for those interested in musical instruments. If you got GAS check it out!

https://www.julienslive.com/m/view-a...catalog/id/312
I browsed through every item. He had some nice vintage Fender and Gibson gear.

If I could pick one thing for myself, it would be this.

The pickups alone are worth at least $10k.

[Reply]
Up