ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Cord cutters using IPTV services are currently down
jjchieffan 03:55 PM 09-20-2019
According to the article, SportzTV is still up.

It was recently announced that a major anti-piracy operation against Xtream Codes, an IPTV service management system, is underway in several European countries such as Italy, France, Bulgaria, and the Netherlands.

Legal action against IPTV services and providers are a regular occurrence, but this news regarding Xtream Codes is particularly interesting.

This is a claimed effort by police forces to “dismantle Xtream Codes entire infrastructure.” It should be noted that Xtream Codes is not an IPTV provider, and that’s what makes this case unusual.

Xtream Codes is an IPTV panel that allows providers to manage their own IPTV service and its customers. It should be noted that the majority of IPTV providers use the Xtream Codes system.

Police have stated that the Xtream Codes system had over 5 million users in Italy alone, which equals approximately EUR 60 million in annual revenues.
[Reply]
Stewie 05:39 PM 09-20-2019
Cord cutter here. Get the channels I need without the above mentioned service that I've never heard about.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:43 PM 09-20-2019
The idiots that ran Xtream Codes were stupid enough to set up their own subscription service and advertise it EVERYWHERE in Italy. They more or less said, "Hey cops and content providers, suck our dicks!"

The higher quality providers are still running and everyone will just port to another portal. It only really impacted subscriber lists and channel editing.
[Reply]
loochy 06:11 PM 09-20-2019
Eh ok. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:11 PM 09-20-2019
Didn't this happen 6,000 years ago?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:15 PM 09-20-2019
Illegal website is taken down for being illegal. Film at 11.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:43 AM 09-22-2019
Will this mess with the streaming for today's games? I really want to check out the Chargers-Houston game in the late time slot today.
[Reply]
loochy 07:49 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Will this mess with the streaming for today's games? I really want to check out the Chargers-Houston game in the late time slot today.
Not unless you use whatever this service is

But then you could just use one of the free sites, like buffstreams.....
[Reply]
DaFace 07:50 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
This is one specific service that got shut down, so if you didn't already know what it is, the answer is no.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:50 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Not unless you use whatever this service is
Okay thanks!
[Reply]
Up