ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Netflix: No Peaky Blinders thread?
NewChief 09:29 PM 08-18-2015
Just finished first season. This show is really enjoyable. Good plot. Lots of criminal politics and violence. Interesting characters. But the style and costuming. Damn. So interesting to make such a squalid environment look so simultaneously stylish.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:21 PM 06-12-2022
Anyone watching this last season? It's...well...not like a normal Peaky Blinders season...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:59 PM 06-12-2022
Just finished the season. The last episode is fucking ridiculous...in a good way. But the season on the whole was really weird. I guess they are making a movie to finish it up. There's definitely a lot of loose ends here. I'll re-watch this season again. Was not crazy about it to be honest, but the last episode was fucking awesome...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:14 PM 06-12-2022
I'm working on E4 right now. I guess I shouldn't have clicked on the thread for spoilers. I'm a dumbass. LOL Thanks for not spoiling it.

Show is so good. But I do miss Helen McCrory. She was fantastic.

Thanks for the heads up about the movie.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:42 AM 06-15-2022
I really fucking like Peaky Blinders.

So many good characters. Any time Alfie Solomons is on the screen I'm glued to the dialogue. Tom Hardy is so fucking good. And I get that it is mostly comic relief, but fuck it's hilarious.

In early seasons I wasn't in for the Ada character (other than Sophie Rundle is an absolute smokeshow), but she really came into an enjoyable character after she's like, you know what's not so bad? Money. I really liked the scenes she was in.

Arthur is a character I also enjoy. It kind of sucks when he's completely off the rails, but when he circles back it is invariably compelling. Man he's had some really good performances.

Spoiler!

Of course Murphy is a stud. There really isn't anything to say. Dude is throwing 100 for the whole series, without really saying much most of the time.

This really did miss Helen McCrory (RIP :-) ). She was really excellent in this show and it missed her. They tried to fill in some of that role with Ava, but they even wrote in "I'm not Polly". She was really good. RIP.

Into the spoilers

Spoiler!

The show just does so much stuff well it's a shame to see it go. It's also a shame that they are pivoting away from more "prestige TV" and towards Reality. Fucking Netflix. If I can get my wife convinced that the kids can do without it there is a good chance I'll shitcan it. Peaky Blinders is worth money. Reality TV is very much not to this consumer, anyway.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:51 AM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I really fucking like Peaky Blinders.

The show just does so much stuff well it's a shame to see it go. It's also a shame that they are pivoting away from more "prestige TV" and towards Reality. Fucking Netflix. If I can get my wife convinced that the kids can do without it there is a good chance I'll shitcan it. Peaky Blinders is worth money. Reality TV is very much not to this consumer, anyway.

Don't fret they're making a movie to wrap things up
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up