ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 13 of 38
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
Spott 12:27 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by F150:

Antivaxers/pharmahaters take notice
He wrote the bulk of the series, dude. Not exactly a lightweight.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:27 PM 11-24-2020
I had COVID already, is it necessary for me to get the vaccine? Truly uneducated on the subject so please enlighten me.
[Reply]
Spott 12:31 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I had COVID already, is it necessary for me to get the vaccine? Truly uneducated on the subject so please enlighten me.
Both of my brother in laws have had it, and supposedly it is extremely rare to get it a second time. I don’t if anyone knows how long the immunity the virus lasts once you have already had it.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:32 PM 11-24-2020
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ine-myths.html

Originally Posted by :
FACT: People who have gotten sick with COVID-19 may still benefit from getting vaccinated
Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, people may be advised to get a COVID-19 vaccine even if they have been sick with COVID-19 before.

At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.

We won’t know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have a vaccine and more data on how well it works.

Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.
In short, you're probably a very low priority, but they don't know how long natural immunity will last, so down the road it will probably be best for you to get the vaccine. Guidance may change over time as they learn more about long-term immunity from both the virus itself and the vaccine.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:38 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not at all. My point is that people should be aware that there are expected side effects so that they don't freak out when it happens.
Hopefully there will be campaigns, that are 100% factual and complete, to inform and educate as many people as possible.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:44 PM 11-24-2020

When I went to ER yesterday for breathing issues could be my COPD flairing up or covid but I explained I may have had covid in August because i had all the symptoms but i was never tested. Anyways they said you have 3 months after covid to be immune to it but after 3 months you can again indeed get it.

I think anything is possible.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:27 PM 11-24-2020
Those who put their faith in Big Pharma will get the world they deserve.
[Reply]
R Clark 01:38 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
When I went to ER yesterday for breathing issues could be my COPD flairing up or covid but I explained I may have had covid in August because i had all the symptoms but i was never tested. Anyways they said you have 3 months after covid to be immune to it but after 3 months you can again indeed get it.

That’s what they are telling people but they don’t know yet
[Reply]
Donger 01:40 PM 11-24-2020
I Hate Big Pharma. And Big Oil. And Big Monkeys.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:37 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I Hate Big Pharma. And Big Oil. And Big Monkeys.
In contrast, I like Big Pie.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:45 PM 11-24-2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:46 PM 11-24-2020
Sounds like the side effects are the same as a bad hangover.

I've prepared for this for years.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:50 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) backtracked guidance it issued earlier this month, maintaining that people are not immune to reinfection to the coronavirus after recovering from the disease"

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ow-of-immunity
[Reply]
vailpass 02:50 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
:-)

I got you. Wish I didn't, but I do.
[Reply]
Donger 02:53 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)

I got you. Wish I didn't, but I do.
What'd I miss?