ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 240
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:08 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah, but there's lots of examples of guys who were good in one place flaming out in their next stop.

Andy WAS fairly disappointing between 9-7 and 1-5 in 2014 and 2015....here was this offensive guru and our offense couldn't throw a TD to a WR to save lives...any reactionary douche like OP would have flown off the handle at that point.
I got your "reactionary douche" right here, Wendy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:19 PM 10-04-2021
OWN THE OP REACTIONARY DOUCHE
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:04 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
OWN THE OP REACTIONARY DOUCHE
I WEAR IT AROUND MY NECK, GODDAMN IT!!

:-)

I had no less than 3 people from my Facebook friends list giving me shit about it at the AFC Divisional game.

I also told them when we were down by 24 points that we would score 4 TDs in the 2nd quarter and have the lead by the half...

Just wish I had known I was so close to gblowfish so I could have personally thanked him for the 10 things list that got me through the dark ages.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:19 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
You’re just a 2 dimensional thinker…I mean, do you even madden, bro?
My favorite part about it is that every week I turn on the TV or the radio and here some talking head yap about "the blueprint" to slowing down the Chiefs.

3 games into Patrick Mahomes career some moron on a message board says "hey guys, teams are going to get tired of getting beat deep and play a 2-deep zone..."

And I'm supposed to pretend like this is some novel concept that it took 2 seasons to figure out and that Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds in NFL history isn't going to be prepared for it.

That all it's ever taken in the NFL was to just not get beat deep and suddenly HoF players/coaches won't be able to move the football.

This is the most obvious, self-evident horseshit in the world. Yet these guys act like they just figured out cold fusion and that the Chiefs are just screwed. It's "wait until they get tape on Mahomes" in its dumbest form.

It's just hilarious. Of course teams are going to play 2-deep zone. They were always going to do it. And Reid was always going to adjust when they do. And the team is still going to score 40 points if Patrick Mahomes stays upright and they don't turn the ball over.

But keep patting yourselves on the backs, pre-game guys. You're doing great work here...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:22 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My favorite part about it is that every week I turn on the TV or the radio and here some talking head yap about "the blueprint" to slowing down the Chiefs.

3 games into Patrick Mahomes career some moron on a message board says "hey guys, teams are going to get tired of getting beat deep and play a 2-deep zone..."

And I'm supposed to pretend like this is some novel concept that it took 2 seasons to figure out and that Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds in NFL history isn't going to be prepared for it.

That all it's ever taken in the NFL was to just not get beat deep and suddenly HoF players/coaches won't be able to move the football.

This is the most obvious, self-evident horseshit in the world. Yet these guys act like they just figured out cold fusion and that the Chiefs are just screwed. It's "wait until they get tape on Mahomes" in its dumbest form.

It's just hilarious. Of course teams are going to play 2-deep zone. They were always going to do it. And Reid was always going to adjust when they do. And the team is still going to score 40 points if Patrick Mahomes stays upright and they don't turn the ball over.

But keep patting yourselves on the backs, pre-game guys. You're doing great work here...
It's pretty crazy that the formula is really that easy.

1) Don't turn the ball over
2) Get 1-2 "stops" per game.

That's a KC win. Period. Damn, do we have it good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 10-04-2021
And honestly, if the Chiefs are able to defer and get the ball first to start the second half, any of those 'stops' can just be FGs.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:27 PM 10-04-2021
And honestly, if the Chiefs are able to defer and get the ball first to start the second half, any of those 'stops' can just be FGs.
Yup, that's literally why I put it in quotes. In a number of our games, getting them to actually kick it on 4th down could be considered a stop, even if it nets them 3 points.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:28 PM 10-04-2021

But the opponents are going to have a real "pick your poison", because it seems like a lot of holes were open for the RBs behind that big ol' line as the Iggles were sitting in their 2 and 3 deep zones trying to not get beat deep...

Get Flash Gordon on the field, both blocking and catching, and the whole "don't turn the ball over, just get a few stops" strategy is going to be in full effect.

Just wish Spags would put Jones back at DT.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:40 PM 10-04-2021
I think AR would benefit in threads/conversations like this if he didn't seemingly just totally discount defense. He's one of the greatest offensive side of football minds in history, but his willingness to sacrifice the D is what causes these threads to be born.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:50 PM 10-04-2021
BlackOp was advocating for making sure we get the ball first earlier today :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:56 PM 10-10-2021
This defense that Andy has amassed certainly does call into question how great he is as a HEAD football coach.. Remember, the HEAD coach own both the O and the D, not just one or the other, so Andy owns this D's performance too...
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:00 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
This defense that Andy has amassed certainly does call into question how great he is as a HEAD football coach.. Remember, the HEAD coach own both the O and the D, not just one or the other, so Andy owns this D's performance too...
Fucking retard
[Reply]
4th and Long 07:04 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
smh. You're over-reaching. Badly.

Steve Spagnuolo is IN CHARGE of the defense. That's what he gets PAID TO DO. DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Looking to place the blame on Andy is sour grapes. If you're this unhappy with the team I suggest you root for someone else. I hear the Raiders and Broncos are taking applications a few doors down.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:05 PM 10-10-2021
:-) at the excuse makers...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:15 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
smh. You're over-reaching. Badly.

Steve Spagnuolo is IN CHARGE of the defense. That's what he gets PAID TO DO. DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Looking to place the blame on Andy is sour grapes. If you're this unhappy with the team I suggest you root for someone else. I hear the Raiders and Broncos are taking applications a few doors down.
So, if you think that's true (and I doubt you really do), why is he so involved in the O? You can't have it both ways, if he's not accountable for the D he can't be for the O either, and we just saw him get intimately involved on the drive that took the game to 10-7.

Face it dude, he neglects the D, he absolves himself of the D, and that's all I'm pointing out.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 240
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240 >
Up