ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 240
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 10-04-2021
I'm still a little curious how some people are going to respond when Andy retires or dies and we replace him with someone who isn't nearly as good as he is.

Because it's going to happen. Andy Reid is one of the 5-10 best coaches in NFL history (and that's being conservative). Some day he won't be here and the guy we hire in his place will be significantly worse.

And there's gonna be a whole pile of people who never understood how good we had it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:33 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Andy should teabag you after a Ponack's bender for making this thread.
Right. I was pissed after a brutally heartbreaking loss in 2015 that had a lot to do with Andy shitting the bed with terrible clock management and shit play calls.

This thread was originally an expansion of the "NFL is rigged" monolouge, because, since we know Andy isn't terrible, ehy does he do shit that you would assume only a terrible coach would do?

The real dipshits are morons like Marcellus and Shitt Gorilla who don't understand the context. They have a 2-D perception process with little-to-zero capacity for abstract thought, so I expect very little out of them other than what they've already posted. And since they have no life and nothing better to do in life, they keep clicking on this thread and posting the same shit they've always posted.

Good for them.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:13 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm still a little curious how some people are going to respond when Andy retires or dies and we replace him with someone who isn't nearly as good as he is.

Because it's going to happen. Andy Reid is one of the 5-10 best coaches in NFL history (and that's being conservative). Some day he won't be here and the guy we hire in his place will be significantly worse.

And there's gonna be a whole pile of people who never understood how good we had it.
I think people forget that he went to the SB with McNabb as his QB. He is an excellent coach and has won a lot of games with QBs like Smith, Kolb, Vick etc.....
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:48 AM 10-04-2021

I will be pleasantly surprised if we find someone who can even enter the conversation with him in my lifetime -- and I'm 28.

It's possible we can still sneak into a Super Bowl Wisenhunt style or somesuch, but to have such consistent excellence? We're in our golden era.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:55 AM 10-04-2021
This thread is as bad as the Brady thread and keeps being proven wrong like that thread.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This thread is as bad as the Brady thread and keeps being proven wrong like that thread.
This thread is worse.

Nobody could've predicted that Brady was immortal and at the time of your thread, there were some cracks that looked to be forming.

At least the Brady thread seemed to have an element of truth at the time - if maybe a bit premature.

This thread was stupid from its inception.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 AM 10-04-2021
9/18/2015 it DID appear that Reid was going downhill fast in KC, 1-5 after a shitty 9-7 season. 2013 looked flukey.

Truth is it was just Alex Smith's swan song.

Easy mistake to make.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:05 AM 10-04-2021

Andy is the greatest QB whisperer in the history of the game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 10-04-2021
9/18/2015 it DID appear that Reid was going downhill fast in KC, 1-5 after a shitty 9-7 season. 2013 looked flukey.

Easy mistake to make.
My first words in this thread a half-decade ago were "You people are fucking idiots"

I stand by that.

Reid had been an NFL coach for damn near 20 years when this thread was created and in that time had TWO losing seasons. He'd had more success on his own than several franchises had demonstrated to that point. History was punishing him for not winning a championship when in fact it should've been praising him for getting close with slap-dicks like McNabb, Smith and Kolb under center.

No, it was never remotely reasonable to say that a dude with a .600 winning percentage over nearly 20 years of coaching (during the cap era) is "a terrible head football coach".

It was dumb then and it's somehow more dumb now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 AM 10-04-2021
Yeah, but there's lots of examples of guys who were good in one place flaming out in their next stop.

Andy WAS fairly disappointing between 9-7 and 1-5 in 2014 and 2015....here was this offensive guru and our offense couldn't throw a TD to a WR to save lives...any reactionary douche like OP would have flown off the handle at that point.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:19 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Andy is the greatest QB whisperer in the history of the game.
If he could only cobble together a defense that isn't embarrasing...

Inb4, "He doesn't have anything to do with what goes on with the D, he's the head coach..." :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 10-04-2021
And we probably ought to just pre-emptively note that at some point teams are going to play a 2 deep man and they're going to take away both the seam passes to Kelce and most of the deep balls to Hill - that's just the nature of that coverage.

And when that happens, Reid will have to use underneath passes, the running game and yes, the {gasp} screen pass.

Teams have dared Mahomes to beat them and to this point he has. They're gonna stop doing that soon and they're gonna give him the Brady treatment. When that happens, we're gonna see fewer of these savage 25 yard strikes up the seam to Kelce. We're not gonna see Hunt breaking loose off a single move down the sideline as often anymore.

That doesn't mean Andy is a pussy know, m'kay fellas? The other guys get paid to play as well.
I just wanna bump this one because I find it funny in light of the new "where are the screen passes?" gripes after years of shitting on him for throwing screen passes.

This was in Mahomes 1st year as the starter. I warned then that we're gonna pass underneath and those long-runs were ever gonna evaporate as safeties stopped being as aggressive.

What we're seeing with this offense right now is a natural progression and we're STILL putting up 40/gm despite a bunch of uncharacteristic mistakes.

Andy Reid is really good at this, fellas.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:47 AM 10-04-2021
I just wanna bump this one because I find it funny in light of the new "where are the screen passes?" gripes after years of shitting on him for throwing screen passes.

This was in Mahomes 1st year as the starter. I warned then that we're gonna pass underneath and those long-runs were ever gonna evaporate as safeties stopped being as aggressive.

What we're seeing with this offense right now is a natural progression and we're STILL putting up 40/gm despite a bunch of uncharacteristic mistakes.

Andy Reid is really good at this, fellas.

You’re just a 2 dimensional thinker…I mean, do you even madden, bro?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:07 PM 10-04-2021

Easy mistake to make.
I was thinking about how one of my co-workers thought we should keep Smith AND Mahomes. I was like, you see what we got for Smith? And he got that huge contract? Everybody wins...

I do give Smith some credit for being a pro and stabilizing the position somewhat, but goddamn I was getting really frustrated in 2015 and 2016...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:07 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
You’re just a 2 dimensional thinker…I mean, do you even madden, bro?
DJ is one of the best posters on this board.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 240
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240 >
Up