ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>I'm going to stab Comcast in the face...
cooper barrett 10:44 PM 08-07-2020
Fucking cable company........
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Welp, my internet is fixed, swapped out my modem with a different model, he said the one I had which is the newest is crap and has all kinds of issues.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:54 PM 08-07-2020
What gateway did they install?

look for model number on back or bottom or a pic?

Welp, my internet is fixed, swapped out my modem with a different model, he said the one I had which is the newest is crap and has all kinds of issues.

[Reply]
vailpass 12:30 PM 08-08-2020
Hopefully you are using your own equipment and not renting whatever they give you from the cable provider.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:18 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Hopefully you are using your own equipment and not renting whatever they give you from the cable provider.
I gave up on using my own when A they will blame every issue on it no matter what it is and B you can rent a modem and have unlimited no data cap net for 25 bucks and with your own modem it's 50 to be uncapped. I said fuck it, paying extra to use my own isn't worth it cause I have to be uncapped.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:53 PM 08-08-2020
I gave up on using my own when A they will blame every issue on it no matter what it is and B you can rent a modem and have unlimited no data cap net for 25 bucks and with your own modem it's 50 to be uncapped. I said **** it, paying extra to use my own isn't worth it cause I have to be uncapped.
$25/month penalty for owning your equipment? WTF? Well, glad to hear you got it working the way you want.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:39 PM 08-08-2020

Originally Posted by vailpass:

[Reply]
Mecca 08:12 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

https://www.approvedmodems.com/xfinity-xfi-xb6.html

It's this one.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:39 PM 08-10-2020

It's this one.
That is what I have.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:29 PM 08-10-2020
That is what I had, the Xb-6 worked great but I was on a 300MB service, worked great. I got my Netgear unit for like nothing ($20)from a buddy who upgraded to a bad ass unit and the Netgear unit he sold me been great too.

Is the xb-6 what you are using now? what other unit were you using?

Thx

It's this one.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:31 PM 08-10-2020
That is what I had, the Xb-6 worked great but I was on a 300MB service, worked great. I got my Netgear unit for like nothing ($20)from a buddy who upgraded to a bad ass unit and the Netgear unit he sold me been great too.

Is the Xb-6 what you are using now? what other unit were you using before?

Thx

It's this one.

[Reply]
Mecca 12:44 PM 08-13-2020
Interface is the same from what I can see, the first XB7, I picked up and did myself, first visit they did all the lines outside my house without coming in, then a guy came out and in the house tested line, switched with another xb7. Same issues persisted second guy came in my house, tested line again, tested modem, switched with the xb6, he was at my house for 45 minutes he took his time testing everything several times.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:12 PM 08-13-2020
These units did have a firmware bug in some markets,They appeared at different tim in different areas. If the techs were top tier they would have been able to go in and flip a toggle and solved the problem. If these techs had more knowledge but the average tech does not to this. It's why you had no range, and almost bring the network to it's knees.

The XB6 is the same unit as the XB7 but has many upgrades that the market calls for. As a gateway, it operates the same as a car without cooled seats and other bells/ buzzers. It still gets you going but has options for power users.

Interface is the same from what I can see, the first XB7, I picked up and did myself, first visit they did all the lines outside my house without coming in, then a guy came out and in the house tested line, switched with another xb7. Same issues persisted second guy came in my house, tested line again, tested modem, switched with the xb6, he was at my house for 45 minutes he took his time testing everything several times.

[Reply]
Rain Man 09:11 PM 05-21-2021
I thought I'd bring this thread up just to confirm that comcast is indeed the worst company on the planet. They actively engage in criminal activity in their billing. I've been fighting with them for several days now and all of their third-world people will openly lie just to get you to go away. I finally got through to some "escalation" woman in Minnesota who confirmed that the third-worlders had lied to me and defrauded me, and then she did the same thing herself.

I hope a small meteor strikes their headquarters. They're worse than al quaeda.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:57 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I thought I'd bring this thread up just to confirm that comcast is indeed the worst company on the planet. They actively engage in criminal activity in their billing. I've been fighting with them for several days now and all of their third-world people will openly lie just to get you to go away. I finally got through to some "escalation" woman in Minnesota who confirmed that the third-worlders had lied to me and defrauded me, and then she did the same thing herself.

We have Spectrum, which was formerly Time/Warner.

For the past 15 days, our internet service has gone out from around 9:30am to as late as 2pm. My wife and I are both working from home and our children are attending school online every day from 8:15-3:45. I've called every single day to report an outage, which of course I'm told doesn't exist. This not only affects our internet but our phone line and TV, yet these dopes can't find the outage. Then, anywhere from 5-20 minutes into the conversation, they recognize the outage.

I've been transferred over to their Commercial division for some reason, who then transfers me back to the Residential division. I just want answers as to why this continues to happen but no one knows. On Thursday, I was transferred to a Customer Service "Supervisor", whom I asked why this continued to happen every day:

-------------

CS: I don't know, Sir. I'm in Wisconsin.

DM: Well, then can you transfer me to someone in Los Angeles?.

CS: I'm sorry, Sir, that's not how it works.

DM: What? Then can you tell me why I keep losing service at the same time of the day for 90 minutes to 3 hours?.

CS: I'm sorry, Sir, I'm in Wisconsin. I don't know why your service continues to go out each day.

DM: So, you're telling me that you're a Supervisor, in Wisconsin, so for that reason alone, you can't tell my why my service continues to go out, nor can you transfer me to anyone that can tell me why my service continues to go out?.

CS: That is correct, Sir.

-------------

This has to be the greatest defense of all time. I don't know the answer because I'm not in your city, nor can I transfer you to anyone in your city that might help provide an answer because that's not the way we do things at Spectrum.

These mega-communication corporations need to be broken up ala Teddy Roosevelt style.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:22 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

We were in Philly a few weeks ago. Kid 2 is going to attend school there in the fall.

Comcast has 2 towers. One is supposed to look like a phone or a thumb drive. The other looks like a cheese grater.

Just so the meteor hits before my kid starts school.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up