ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 112
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If you're going to make the silly rings argument, you're asking for it.
Nobody made a single ring argument.

But since you want to talk about "silly ring arguments", your go to argument for Lebron is that he beat the GOAT team (lie) all by himself (lie), which is actually a "silly ring argument".

Pure projcection.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:41 PM 03-27-2024
No more than Mahomes choking out to the Bengals in the 2nd half two years ago will haunt him when he also goes down as the GOAT.
We'd all appreciate it if you'd not invoke the name of Mahomes when you're engaged in your LeBron Faggotry, please. He's damn near already accomplished in 6 years what it's taken LeBron over 20 to do.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:41 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nobody made a single ring argument.

But since you want to talk about "silly ring arguments", your go to argument for Lebron is that he beat the GOAT team (lie) all by himself (lie), which is actually a "silly ring argument".

Pure projcection.
I would say that my go to argument is that LeBron has now played 21 years of basketball at the highest level, has shattered (or will shatter) every individual record in NBA history, and is still a top 5-10 player in the game at the age of 40 with no sign of slowing down.

But yes, beating the 73 win Warriors team was nice too.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:41 PM 03-27-2024
No more than Mahomes choking out to the Bengals in the 2nd half two years ago will haunt him when he also goes down as the GOAT.
Not even close. Football is one game. Mahomes had a bad half. His only bad half since the 1st half of the Pats AFCCG.

Lebron had a terrible series, one in which he let Wade down competlely, as he was fantastic.

And all of this came after forming a super team, "not 1, not 2,...", and mocking Dirk in the middle of the series.

Death blow when you're comparing him to MJ.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:42 PM 03-27-2024
I would say that my go to argument is that LeBron has now played 21 years of basketball at the highest level, has shattered (or will shatter) every individual record in NBA history, and is still a top 5-10 player in the game at the age of 40 with no sign of slowing down.

But yes, beating the 73 win Warriors team was nice too.
Yes, longevity, quantity over quality.

In other words, the loser argument.

Even worse than the 2016 one.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:44 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
We'd all appreciate it if you'd not invoke the name of Mahomes when you're engaged in your LeBron bundle of sticksry, please. He's damn near already accomplished in 6 years what it's taken LeBron over 20 to do.
So Mahomes' awful playoff performance doesn't matter in the GOAT discussion but LeBron's does? Seems like more than a bit of a double standard to me.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:46 PM 03-27-2024
Not even close. Football is one game. Mahomes had a bad half. His only bad half since the 1st half of the Pats AFCCG.
A bad half that likely cost the team the SB that year. I'm not seeing the distinction here.

Even GOAT candidates have bad performances in the playoffs (and MJ had his own as well). It doesn't mean they aren't the GOAT.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:48 PM 03-27-2024
Yes, longevity, quantity over quality.

In other words, the loser argument.

Even worse than the 2016 one.
LeBron's peak is also arguably the highest ever too, but yeah, I'd say playing for 21 years at this ridiculous level (which we'll never see again) counts for something.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:53 PM 03-27-2024
LeBron's peak is also arguably the highest ever too, but yeah, I'd say playing for 21 years at this ridiculous level (which we'll never see again) counts for something.
Yea, if you're a delusional Lebron Stan that ignores things like 2011 and pretends team success is completely irrelevant (unless it's Lebron's team of course).
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 PM 03-27-2024
A bad half that likely cost the team the SB that year. I'm not seeing the distinction here.

Even GOAT candidates have bad performances in the playoffs (and MJ had his own as well). It doesn't mean they aren't the GOAT.
Love how you just conveniently left out the part of my post explaining the difference between Mahomes having a bad half (before he went on to win B2B SBs without Tyreek), and Lebron having a terrible SERIES while Wade was fantastic.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:59 PM 03-27-2024
Lebron's 2011 choke job is the worst we've ever seen from an all-time great.

:-) :-) :-)

Then when you add this context:

https://youtu.be/LoOXKha7uL4?si=eBsDSTG-mEbRSURY

Just pathetic all around :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:06 PM 03-27-2024
Lebron's 2011 choke job is the worst we've ever seen from an all-time great.

:-) :-) :-)

Then when you add this context:

https://youtu.be/LoOXKha7uL4?si=eBsDSTG-mEbRSURY

Just pathetic all around :-)
That whole season was an embarrassment for him. After the debacle of "The Decision" James wanted to embrace the villain role to justify his bitch made super team and the way he went about announcing it only to completely shit down his leg at the finish line.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:17 PM 03-27-2024
Love how you just conveniently left out the part of my post explaining the difference between Mahomes having a bad half (before he went on to win B2B SBs without Tyreek), and Lebron having a terrible SERIES while Wade was fantastic.
I'm still missing the distinction here. It is the nature of the NFL that one bad half will cost you a SB (which it did in Mahomes' case), but nobody is stupid enough to pretend that his bad playoff performance in that instance will be enough to take him out of the GOAT discussion.

Well, other than insecure Brady fans.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:20 PM 03-27-2024
I'm still missing the distinction here. It is the nature of the NFL that one bad half will cost you a SB (which it did in Mahomes' case), but nobody is stupid enough to pretend that his bad playoff performance in that instance will be enough to take him out of the GOAT discussion.

Well, other than insecure Brady fans.
Because anybody even remotely trying to be objective can see the distinction, and you are incapable of being objective when Lebron is the subject.

It's really fucking simple. Having a bad half isn't the same thing as choking over and over again.

Lebron had time to sleep, watch tape, practice, etc. and he just kept coming back and stinking the place up.

I hope our fellow Chiefs fans seee how ridiculous you are trying to compare Mahomes having a bad half to Lebron having a bad series night in and night out.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:21 PM 03-27-2024
Because anybody even remotely trying to be objective can see the distinction, and you are incapable of being objective when Lebron is the subject.

It's really ****ing simple. Having a bad half isn't the same thing as choking over and over again.

Lebron had time to sleep, watch tape, practice, etc. and he just kept coming back and stinking the place up.
There is no distinction other than the nature of the sport itself lending itself to a smaller sample size deciding outcomes. A bad playoff performance remains a bad playoff performance and LeBron, Mahomes, Brady (a ton of them), and yes even MJ have had them.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 112
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up