ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of The Trade? Why?
I approve of the trade and am thrilled about Patrick Mahomes. 284 81.61%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshaun Watson over Patrick Mahomes. 29 8.33%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshone Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 0 0%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a QB other than Watson/Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a non-QB over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because it was too much to pay even though I like Mahomes. 6 1.72%
I disapprove of the trade because I don’t think Mahomes is that good. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because I think we could get more value out of the three picks we gave up. 3 0.86%
I disapprove of the trade because we have greater needs than quarterback. 2 0.57%
I disapprove of the trade because I think Mahomes would have been available at 27. 4 1.15%
I have no idea what to think. 4 1.15%
I’m not going to vote because in the future I will change my opinion to make myself look smart. 2 0.57%
I'm still fixated that we drafted Blackledge over Marino. 11 3.16%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Approval/Disapproval of The Trade.
Rain Man 08:06 PM 04-27-2017
If you don't know what The Trade is, just go away.

What do you think? This is a public poll, because we're going to come back in five years and revisit this day.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:09 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Value of the 10th pick - 1300

Value of the 27th pick - 680
value of the 3rd pick - 136
Value of 1st next year - unknown

Current Difference is negative 484
Lowest value of any 1st round pick - 590

so as of right now, we are 106 pts in the hole with no possibility of getting to even since you can't pick lower than 32.

To put that in perspective, if we pick in the middle of the 1st round next year, it's the 15th(1050 value) we would be in the negative 566 in trade value.
Meaningless babble. If Mahones turns into the Chiefs' franchise quarterback (and he certainly has the potential to do it), all of your theoretical draft values are pure bullshit.

Stop being this guy:

[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:12 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It's interesting how there was an apparent split in clubs as to these QBs. The Browns and Bills (who have been burned reaching on QBs in recent years) opted to skip on this years class, and amass picks presumably to nab a QB next year. KC, SF and Houston did the opposite.
I don't usually like to make blanket statements, but if the Chiefs did the opposite of what the Browns and Bills did... :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:14 AM 04-28-2017
The Drafturbators and their draft value obsession should go become Cleveland Browns fans.

I am sure they would think that Cleveland is getting "great value" by amassing 7,000 draft picks every year.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:22 AM 04-28-2017
At my draft party last night, I thought I'd have a 2 hour wait coming. When I saw the trade ALL THE WAY up to 10, I was ecstatic! All my friends down here know I'm a die hard Chiefs fan.

When I told them 1983 was the last time, they were stunned!

HAH!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:36 AM 04-28-2017
I approve of this trade! Chiefs gave up a ton and got a project QB at the 10th pick. Love it!
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 07:40 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
I'm happy but guarded. Don't want to see Blackledge 2.0 and also not thrilled about giving up next years number one. Hoping this guy pays big dividends. He has to.
The only similarity Blackledge has with Mahomes is that they were both round 1 quarterbacks. As far as talent goes they are worlds apart. Next year's number one is almost a number 2 and we can still trade Alex and at least recover our number 3.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:27 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think the value chart is pretty meaningless when you're talking about trading for a QB.
Of course it is.

Look at the QB salaries.
Look at what you have to give up to acquire one via a trade. Pro Bowl players might cost you a 3rd or less in general, but a middle of the road decent QB will cost you at least 2 2nd round picks.

Look at the number of QBs that are a reach when drafted in comparison to every other position. A draft class could have the all time worst pool of QB talent, and if you convince enough front offices that you are the top guy in the class, you're virtually guaranteed to get picked in round 1.

You could grade out objectively as a 3rd round talent or later in another class that was deeper, but by default you're the best of the "meh", and some team will take a flyer and reach due to the impact of the position in the 1st round.

In the entire NFL history of the draft going back to 1936, only 7 times has no QB gone in the 1st round.

So, unequivocally without a doubt, the Chiefs did not give up too much to get the right to draft the QB they obviously were smitten with!
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:40 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Torn on this...drafting a project QB @ #10 and giving 2 1st round picks for him is definitely a reach. He has some serious footwork issues to iron out. Chiefs would have had Foster sitting there...he was rated as a blue chip and filled a position of need.

The positive is Dorsey wouldn't have given up this much capital if they didnt believe in his potential. There is also the angle that trading Smith next year should net at least a 2nd round pick and save $14 mil. I think this had as much to do with the move as anything.
Project isn't the proper terminology in my mind. Project QBs are the guys you take a stab at in the 5th or later.
He's more like an uncut stone. There's obviously way more value than some 3rd day pick. The big question is once you cut & polish that stone, will it turn out to be a crown jewel, or suffer from to many flaws and imperfections. One will have industrial utility, but the other is hitting the jackpot.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:46 AM 04-28-2017
I'm reviewing the poll results and I come to the conclusion that a majority of Chiefs fans approve of The Trade.

Just thought I'd close the loop on this.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:31 AM 04-28-2017
Even after reading all of this, I still don't know what to think.

I understand that moving up is costly and both teams want to believe they got the better end of things. Time will tell.

I think that since 1990, Chiefs fans have been pretty spoiled. Only a handful of bad years and only once have the Chiefs had the first pick in the draft. Yes, there have been a number of years that had painful results.

This is something new, Todd Blackledge, in my opinion, never really got a chance to succeed.

Hoping they can fill some of the holes at ILB and DL in the later rounds.

Go Chiefs!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:34 AM 04-28-2017
National media guys are so stupid.

https://youtu.be/IfXwk2kOyl8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
stumppy 09:40 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm reviewing the poll results and I come to the conclusion that a majority of Chiefs fans approve of The Trade.

Just thought I'd close the loop on this.
I'm glad you cleared this up.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:45 AM 04-28-2017
WOOT WOOT BEST DAY EVER...

Welcome to the NFL Chiefs... Youre about to be a legit franchise.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:45 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
National media guys are so stupid.

https://youtu.be/IfXwk2kOyl8

ent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-) Worried about Ales Smith's feelings.
[Reply]
NWTF 09:46 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Drafturbators and their draft value obsession should go become Cleveland Browns fans.

I am sure they would think that Cleveland is getting "great value" by amassing 7,000 draft picks every year.
Ha. I know. All this kicking the can down the road and acquiring more draft picks is cute for scoring the off season awards but at some point Cleveland has to build a winning team for it to actually mean anything.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up