ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of The Trade? Why?
I approve of the trade and am thrilled about Patrick Mahomes. 284 81.61%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshaun Watson over Patrick Mahomes. 29 8.33%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshone Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 0 0%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a QB other than Watson/Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a non-QB over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because it was too much to pay even though I like Mahomes. 6 1.72%
I disapprove of the trade because I don’t think Mahomes is that good. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because I think we could get more value out of the three picks we gave up. 3 0.86%
I disapprove of the trade because we have greater needs than quarterback. 2 0.57%
I disapprove of the trade because I think Mahomes would have been available at 27. 4 1.15%
I have no idea what to think. 4 1.15%
I’m not going to vote because in the future I will change my opinion to make myself look smart. 2 0.57%
I'm still fixated that we drafted Blackledge over Marino. 11 3.16%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Approval/Disapproval of The Trade.
Rain Man 08:06 PM 04-27-2017
If you don't know what The Trade is, just go away.

What do you think? This is a public poll, because we're going to come back in five years and revisit this day.
[Reply]
tk13 10:22 PM 04-27-2017
I think the value chart is pretty meaningless when you're talking about trading for a QB. It's funny, I said it when people were bashing the Chicago trade... but the value of the QB position is just higher than it's ever been due the nature of today's game. I'm not sure Mahomes would've been a top 10 pick a decade ago. But the whole value chart goes out the window because the position is so important and the game is so rigged for the offense.

Mahomes is a great talent. He seems smart, works hard, and Reid would not have drafted him if he couldn't handle the offense. I'm 100% sure that's what pushed him over Watson in Reid's mind. He has a monster arm, but Reid's offense is complex and the playcalls are long and complicated. This guy can learn it, and he can make calls at the line of scrimmage.

He needs some work though. His footwork is absolutely horrible sometimes. He gets sloppy because he knows he can throw himself out of problems. I'm guessing Reid is going to ride the daylights out of the kid to break those habits. There will be some major WTF plays. It took Favre about three years to kind of get over that hump. We may need the same kind of patience, but there's a ton of potential there.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:22 PM 04-27-2017
BTW, did they trade their normal 3rd or the comp 3rd?
[Reply]
kccrow 10:23 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Normal #91.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:25 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
#91, not #104
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:28 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think the value chart is pretty meaningless when you're talking about trading for a QB. It's funny, I said it when people were bashing the Chicago trade... but the value of the QB position is just higher than it's ever been due the nature of today's game. I'm not sure Mahomes would've been a top 10 pick a decade ago. But the whole value chart goes out the window because the position is so important and the game is so rigged for the offense.

Mahomes is a great talent. He seems smart, works hard, and Reid would not have drafted him if he couldn't handle the offense. I'm 100% sure that's what pushed him over Watson in Reid's mind. He has a monster arm, but Reid's offense is complex and the playcalls are long and complicated. This guy can learn it, and he can make calls at the line of scrimmage.

He needs some work though. His footwork is absolutely horrible sometimes. He gets sloppy because he knows he can throw himself out of problems. I'm guessing Reid is going to ride the daylights out of the kid to break those habits. There will be some major WTF plays. It took Favre about three years to kind of get over that hump. We may need the same kind of patience, but there's a ton of potential there.
I had to check out his Wonderlic for whatever that's worth. He got a 24, which isn't stellar but it's okay.

The Broncos' first-round pick got a 9. :-)

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...atrick-mahomes
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:48 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
NEVER SAID I DIDN'T WANT ONE
You want one. Tiger wants one. OldSchool wants one.

YOU DON'T JUST GET ONE.

The NCAA doesn't have NFL teams take turns on solid can't-miss QB prospects with zero red flags. And the NFL draft value point system is a GUIDELINE. The value of a depreciated first says that we did just fine.

So when you say, "I never said I don't want a QB, just don't like how we had to pay too much!" it means you actually DIDN'T want a QB badly enough to deserve one.

Getting a QB shouldn't be a luck-based thing. It shouldn't be having your current HOF QB get a neck injury and tank your team in the year of Andrew Luck. It shouldn't be Tom Brady in the 6th round.

The Chiefs got a QB, and if Mahomes is the answer, they did it the HONORABLE way.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 10:51 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
If we win the super bowl and pick 32.

if not the value gets worse with each slot our pick goes higher.

I'm ok with selecting Mahomes, I really am.

Value wasn't good though. At the very least, we shouldn't have had to give up that extra 3rd round pick this year.

Whatever, nobody wants to hear it.

Enjoy the QB selection.
And the thing is, no one in their right mind can logically argue with this without a crystal ball
[Reply]
TimBone 10:55 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had to check out his Wonderlic for whatever that's worth. He got a 24, which isn't stellar but it's okay.

The Broncos' first-round pick got a 9. :-)

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...atrick-mahomes
Yeah, that lineman looked like a big dumb motherfucker. We were taking guesses at his reading level at work.
[Reply]
Miles 10:57 PM 04-27-2017
I understand that it's the only thing the public has but kinda amazes me the fucking trade value chart that was created back when Lotus 1-2-3 was the shit for spreadsheets is still a thing.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:12 PM 04-27-2017
You morons knocking on bolles when Seattle wanted him badly and ended up trading back after Denver got him
[Reply]
munkey 11:13 PM 04-27-2017
stellar job by Dorsey...great trade and pick.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:27 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Alex Smith hand size: 9 3/8
Pat Mahomes hand size: 9 1/4

They basically have the exact same hand size :-)
Smith has shown struggles with gripping in the rain, hence why he has been wearing glove(s) sporadically
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:30 PM 04-27-2017
Full throated, 100% approve.

The track records of our GM & coach is why I'm probably putting faith in their decision to make a bold move.

Let's be honest, over half the 1st round QBs don't pan out, either way. At this point, and with this team's history, I think if anything, if he turns out to be a bust, that will fine, and you move along.

Of course everyone wants him to turn out to be the lovechild of Rodgers & Brady, except better.

The disaster scenario is he ends up being a middling QB. Just good enough to flash promise, but never actually able to scale the summit of leading the Chiefs to the promised land. Thus, ensuring another codependent fanbase and franchise incapable of cutting the cord, cutting our losses, and capable of making a clean break, turning the page, & moving on.
Once again stuck in QB purgatory of mediocrity.

The last scenario, as any real Chiefs fan knows, is probably inevitable...

because Chiefs!

[Reply]
TribalElder 11:35 PM 04-27-2017
It's hard not to approve

Look at the past picks Dorsey and company have made

Amazing watching the Dorsey presser, they worked that trade 5 days. Knew their guy and got him

Also Watson wasn't that impressive in my opinion even if he beat bama

:-) Chicago .. nice trade
[Reply]
tk13 11:40 PM 04-27-2017
That coach and GM combo is another positive this move. Reid/Dorsey don't have to prove themselves. It's not like we have a young coach or GM who will throw caution to the wind because they're trying to save their job. Reid isn't going to be bothered by any pressure to play Mahomes until he's ready.

I think the fact that Reid, Payton and Arians were all crazy for this guy is a very good sign. Those are three coaches I think everyone would agree get the most of their QBs.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up