ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 341
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:55 AM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This hasn't happened to me yet, but I've already decided rather than be offended and/or truthful, I'm just going to flat out lie. Fuck 'em.
Yep..just say no..tell everyone you know who owns guns to say no..that is personal information that has 0% to do with health..lie your ass off like your wife caught you with the hot neighbor lady down the street
[Reply]
kepp 03:09 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
So, I go to the Doctor yesterday for my annual checkup. No big deal. However, before the Doc comes in, the Nurse tells me that they have a "mandate" to ask a few questions from the Federal Government - questions that I do NOT have to answer if I don't want to.

(1) Do I wear a seatbelt at all times? - yes

(2) Do I wear a helmet when riding a bike? - Yeah, right.....

(3) Do I smoke? - Not for 45 years

(4) Do I have firearms in the home - None of your business

Keep this in mind when you hit your local Doctor....
And they're not just pulling this crap with adults. I took my daughters to the pediatrician early last year and she tried to ask my 8 year old if we had guns in the house. I politely intervened, but I was fuming inside. That's BS.
[Reply]
notorious 07:11 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lxsO_mduU

Now, if I could only get the girls to clean the guns after they shoot them. . . :-)

--JD
Your other daughter handled that .357 like a champ on the related vids.

I shot my dad's .44 magnum when I was 14. I nearly shit my pants.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:13 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:

I think I was 11 or 12 the first time I shot one. I remember my arms going straight up over my head. :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 08:00 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:

Heh, I owned my first .44 when I was 13, a Ruger Blackhawk. The first time I shot it, the hammer came back and smacked my thumb knuckle. After that I had a better grip on that thing and didn't have any more issues. The hardest part was keeping a straight face when my knuckle was bleeding all over the place. There was no way I was going to let my Dad know how bad it hurt because he tried to talk me out of it and going with a .357 because he thought it was to much gun. :-)

I had talked my Dad into letting my buy it and I did all kinds of odd jobs around the neighborhood to raise the cash. Many old ladies driveways were shoveled and I damn near wore out a lawnmower.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:21 PM 05-02-2017
This hasn't happened to me yet, but I've already decided rather than be offended and/or truthful, I'm just going to flat out lie. **** 'em.
Indeed. It was the first time that had happened to me, and it took me by surprise, but at my age, and on Social Security, there are "rumblings" that if you are receiving anything like Social Security or Veterans benefits (used them to get through College some 45 years ago) that they might try to "deny" benefits.

My Doctor's Nurse is a pleasant woman who I have known for 30 years (as well as my Doctor) and she kept repeating over and over "These questions are voluntary, you don't have to answer"

She knows me well......
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:22 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
And they're not just pulling this crap with adults. I took my daughters to the pediatrician early last year and she tried to ask my 8 year old if we had guns in the house. I politely intervened, but I was fuming inside. That's BS.

Honestly, I would have taken my Son or Daughter by the hand and, upon leaving the office, would have said - "Who the HELL do you think you are, doing that to a child".

My God - there are days when I think we have entered the old USSR........Land of the Free, my ass....
[Reply]
Frazod 10:02 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
Honestly, I would have taken my Son or Daughter by the hand and, upon leaving the office, would have said - "Who the HELL do you think you are, doing that to a child".

My God - there are days when I think we have entered the old USSR........Land of the Free, my ass....
Yeah, it's getting scary. Or I should say, scarier.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:16 PM 05-02-2017
While my 12-year-old can disassemble and reassemble my PPX blindfolded, including clearing and loading the clip (:-)) magazine, it's not out of fear of the world, it's out of respect for the weapon. Along with that, it's a tactile dexterity "memory" exercise. He was able to do this before he ever took his first shot with it. Plus, in the GloryDayz house, if you want to handle/shoot it, you will know "it" first.

If you just want to know what it feels like to shoot a pistol/rifle, go fuck yourself..
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:11 PM 05-10-2017
Has anyone shot a Tavor?

Or

Has anyone shot a 10.5" AR Pistol suppressed?
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 10:21 PM 05-10-2017
My buddy owns a tavor. They're cool. I'd never buy one. The magazine release is strange. Shoots really accurately though. I'd take a ar platform over it any day of the week though. You can do a hundred things to an ar platform.

I'm waiting on my sbr to clear so I can finish my 8.5inch 300 blackout ar platform.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:37 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
My buddy owns a tavor. They're cool. I'd never buy one. The magazine release is strange. Shoots really accurately though. I'd take a ar platform over it any day of the week though. You can do a hundred things to an ar platform.

I'm waiting on my sbr to clear so I can finish my 8.5inch 300 blackout ar platform.
The mag release has changed on the newer version of the Tavor. It's the X95 version. It's more of an AR style mag release. The older version is called the SAR. Mag release behind your hand.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:42 AM 05-11-2017
:-)

That's so funny! I have a S&W 44 mag with a 10 5/8" barrel
Dad was a Dirty Harry fan!
:-)
Attached: 4_28_15 010.jpg (133.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:47 AM 05-11-2017
Time for my yearly qualifications.

Shot a 92% with my duty gun and a 100% with my back up. Also shot around 50 rounds with my 1911.

Shot at a paper plate from 15 yards going 1/5. Mad at myself. I then shot 5/5 from 25 yards. Shaking the rust off the first shots, I'm telling myself.
[Reply]
notorious 11:43 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Has anyone shot a Tavor?

Or

Has anyone shot a 10.5" AR Pistol suppressed?
I have a couple 10.5" AR SBR's .300 BLK to build this weekend. Stamps came in a couple weeks ago. Both will be suppressed.

My brother has a SBR.300BLK. It's awesome, and quiet as hell.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 341
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up