ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Daniel Kilgore
Sassy Squatch 08:49 PM 08-20-2020

Former #49ers and #Dolphins C Daniel Kilgore is expected to sign with the #Chiefs, per @TerezPaylor. He started 13 games last season for Miami.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) August 21, 2020

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:48 AM 08-22-2020
Reiter sucks. Kilgore is vet depth, and nothing to get excited about.

I hope Allegretti can beat Reiter out, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not too upset about any of it, because you can't have all-pro's everywhere, but I'd like to see a center that doesn't get his shit pushed in every other play.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:31 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Go ahead and roll around on the ground.

Your argument that they’ve been 12-4 the last two seasons with Reiter at center is not relevant. It doesn’t mean they won’t try to improve the position if they see a guy out there they think might do a better job.

If your argument is that Kilgore is “JAG,” well so is Reiter, even more so actually. If it wasn’t for KC giving him a shot and grooming him he’d probably be out of the league. He also has no contract after this year.

There’s no commitment to him long term so I’m sure they are more than fine with replacing him. Again, all I’m saying is if he’s struggling in camp they will not hesitate to pull the plug.
Haven't you learned yet Wisconsin? You 'MUST' worship at the altar of 'DANE' because he can't share or entertain any other opinions outside of his own and gets very insecure and jealous when other CP members agree or praise those 'other opinions' thus becomes very very condescending. It's called a weak ass ego(extremely narcissistic).

Bottom line: Don't "F" with Dane's self-imaginary fan club here on CP throwing out differing opinions than his. :-):-)

You are good football poster Wisconsin! I agree with a lot of your football takes and you are good guy I can tell. Keep up the great posting:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:38 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
Coming from the same guy who thought Mitchell Schwartz wasn't that good. I'll trust Veach's judgement of o-line talent over yours, thanks.
EXACTLY !!

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:03 AM 08-22-2020
Coming from the same guy who thought Mitchell Schwartz wasn't that good. I'll trust Veach's judgement of o-line talent over yours, thanks.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
But in any case, Schwartz, IMO, was average at best and only looked good because Asamoah was nothing short of a major disappointment. $4.5 million per is way overpaying him. Not Fanaika overpaying but overpaying, nonetheless.

I don't what the fuck you're talking about. I stated that Geoff Schwartz was a journeyman that didn't deserve a long term contract from the Chiefs and I was correct. Geoff signed a four year deal with the Giants, couldn't stay healthy and was out of football.

I gushed about Mitchell Schwartz immediately and this was just after they drafted Morse

Fisher/Morse/Fulton/LDT/Schwartz

Reid and Pughsley as primary backups.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:05 AM 08-22-2020
And you're completely full of shit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:06 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Go ahead and roll around on the ground.

Your argument that they’ve been 12-4 the last two seasons with Reiter at center is not relevant. It doesn’t mean they won’t try to improve the position if they see a guy out there they think might do a better job.

If your argument is that Kilgore is “JAG,” well so is Reiter, even more so actually. If it wasn’t for KC giving him a shot and grooming him he’d probably be out of the league. He also has no contract after this year.

There’s no commitment to him long term so I’m sure they are more than fine with replacing him. Again, all I’m saying is if he’s struggling in camp they will not hesitate to pull the plug.
Kilgore is fucking JAG. He's nearly 33 years old and his last two gigs with were with the Dolphins and 49ers.

He's emergency insurance only. He's guy that was on the streets, in August, during training camp.

JFC.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:10 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Reiter sucks. Kilgore is vet depth, and nothing to get excited about.

I hope Allegretti can beat Reiter out, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not too upset about any of it, because you can't have all-pro's everywhere, but I'd like to see a center that doesn't get his shit pushed in every other play.
The Chiefs aren't going to cut their #1 center. Allegretti has a total of 8 offensive snaps and the Chiefs aren't keeping three centers.

Could they use an upgrade? Sure. But going through 4 LG's last year didn't stop them from winning the Super Bowl and I have no doubt that Andy will scheme around any deficiencies, like he does year in and year out.

CEH is going to make the entire offensive line's job easier.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:14 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:16 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
:
Except that's completely and utterly FALSE

[Reply]
Cosmos 11:27 AM 08-22-2020
Veach invested quite a bit of cash for OL UDFA’s, and I really haven’t heard much out of camp, and wonder why.

The final shakeout of this position group is by far the most interesting to me, since I believe they are inclined to hang on to some young talent (if there) on the taxi squad, and fully expect Veach to pick OL early in next years draft.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:33 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Veach invested quite a bit of cash for OL UDFA’s, and I really haven’t heard much out of camp, and wonder why.
The reason is simple: No Minicamps, no OTA's, no meetings.

These guys are far behind where they'd be in a normal offseason and expecting a rookie, especially an undrafted rookie, to know all of the line calls and have chemistry with their fellow offensive lineman just a few weeks into training camp is setting the bar way, way, way too high.

UDFA's rarely make an immediate impact in a normal NFL season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:45 AM 08-22-2020
The Chiefs aren't going to cut their #1 center. Allegretti has a total of 8 offensive snaps and the Chiefs aren't keeping three centers.

Could they use an upgrade? Sure. But going through 4 LG's last year didn't stop them from winning the Super Bowl and I have no doubt that Andy will scheme around any deficiencies, like he does year in and year out.

CEH is going to make the entire offensive line's job easier.
I don't think they'll cut him.

I said Kilgore is just veteran depth and no big deal. He might stick as a utility guy or he may not.

I'm just saying this signing isn't a big deal either way, and doesn't signal anything. Not sure what we're arguing about.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:46 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Not sure what we're arguing about.
Oh, we're not :-)
[Reply]
candyman 12:56 PM 08-22-2020
And you're completely full of shit.
But you're missing the point: Schwartz isn't playing like LeBron James, he's playing a D League player that was called up the day the season began.

He's been JAG.
:-)

You must not watch the games.

He’s been getting his shit pushed in all season and was ass raped by Von Miller, Shaquille Barnett and others last year.
He was better in Cleveland, protecting shitty players like Manziel, Hoyer and other crap

He’s been average at best.

This team couldn’t run the ball, outside or inside, for 8 straight games.

They couldn’t pass protect for shit and Schwartz was a HUGE part of that failure.

His brother Tweets to protect him but **** him.

2-6 speaks VOLUMES.

Oh, except on Chiefsplanet.

I'm stating that you guys are overrating Schwartz.

He's had more than his far share of problems this season and was absolutely buttraped on national TV last year by Von Miller and Shaq Barrett.
Yeah, I'm full of shit.

:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:00 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Osemele was all Pro, I believe.
According to PFR, he was. Twice.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up