ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>IT'S TOO HOT!!!!
gblowfish 09:47 AM 06-16-2018
Did as much yard work as I could last night between 7:30 and sundown, finished the rest this morning before 9:30am. It's been mid to high 90's the last couple days, and will be there again today through at least Tuesday. I just work till I get tired, then I quit. My sister wound up in the ER in St. Louis yesterday with dehydration. She passed out after doing yard work for an hour. Everybody be careful out there. What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:22 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’ve always been that way. If my head isn’t cold I don’t sleep.
me too.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Then it wasn't running non stop
Yes it was.

It was running when I got home at 4 PM. It was 76 degrees in the house, thermo was set to 74.

So I set it to 72. It didn't hit 72 until 1 AM.

It ran the entire fucking time.

There's something weird with that unit though because it only used 62 KWh, which is still more than I'd like, but not exorbitant.

Whatever.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:45 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Did as much yard work as I could last night between 7:30 and sundown, finished the rest this morning before 9:30am. It's been mid to high 90's the last couple days, and will be there again today through at least Tuesday. I just work till I get tired, then I quit. My sister wound up in the ER in St. Louis yesterday with dehydration. She passed out after doing yard work for an hour. Everybody be careful out there. What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?
PPFFFTTTT Hold my beer. :-)

[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:47 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I have blackout curtains everywhere. :-)

I set it to 72 a couple hours ago and now it's down to 74. :-)
Jesus. Do you live in the hood?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Jesus. Do you live in the hood?
No. It's a nice house in a very decent neighborhood.

The landlord is just a scum sucking opportunist.

There's a video on youtube of him yakking about how great it is to raise rents every year.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:50 AM 06-17-2018

Set your thermostat at 60.
This is one of the dumbest things people think.
A Thermostat is not an accelerator. Turning it down is not going to make it cool any better or faster.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:59 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
When was the last time you replaced the filter(s)? You wouldn't believe how many service calls I've done and that "solved" the problem. They likely bought an undersized unit. What's your sq ft and, if you're willing to look, make/model number of the unit. That'll tell me a fair bit in of itself.
There is some truth in this post. Your filter should be clean to allow proper air flow. If your filter is dirty it will not allow enough air flow for the unit to operate properly. It can cause an indoor coil/evaporator to freeze up.
I would say to also check the cleanliness of your outdoor unit/condenser. If you cannot see through the fins on the coils of the outdoor they need to be cleaned. If those are not clean the unit cannot dissipate the heat that is necessary. Which effects its ability to cool and it efficiency. You don't have to have anything more than water and a decent spray nozzle to clean that outdoor unit. You just have to be careful not to bend the fins over on the coil.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:22 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There is some truth in this post. Your filter should be clean to allow proper air flow. If your filter is dirty it will not allow enough air flow for the unit to operate properly. It can cause an indoor coil/evaporator to freeze up.
I would say to also check the cleanliness of your outdoor unit/condenser. If you cannot see through the fins on the coils of the outdoor they need to be cleaned. If those are not clean the unit cannot dissipate the heat that is necessary. Which effects its ability to cool and it efficiency. You don't have to have anything more than water and a decent spray nozzle to clean that outdoor unit. You just have to be careful not to bend the fins over on the coil.
Indeed.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:37 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Yardwork lol

Why ppl put themselves thru that is beyond me. The day I hired all that out was the day my life has been better ever since
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:47 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yardwork lol

Why ppl put themselves thru that is beyond me. The day I hired all that out was the day my life has been better ever since
This guy is a typical JoCo faggot. I bet you live around 135th in OP. You have that personality.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:51 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
This is one of the dumbest things people think.
A Thermostat is not an accelerator. Turning it down is not going to make it cool any better or faster.
Motherfucker. Read the motherfucking thread. Fuck.

I know that. He just said it was 3 degrees hotter than the thermostat. I had to flip him some shit.

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:45 PM 06-17-2018
15 degrees cooler out on Lake Michigan than inland. Perfect day for sailing.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:13 PM 06-17-2018
Motherfucker. Read the motherfucking thread. Fuck.
You seem nice.
It is something that most people think though. I didn't say you thought that I just used your post as a way to make sure others know the difference.
Nice of you to be a cursing jerk though. You sure are nice.
[Reply]
eDave 01:23 PM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This guy is a typical JoCo pillowbitergot. I bet you live around 135th in OP. You have that personality.
GTFOOH
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:27 PM 06-17-2018
Thermostat at 75 today.

Keeping the house a lovely 76.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up