ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>IT'S TOO HOT!!!!
gblowfish 09:47 AM 06-16-2018
Did as much yard work as I could last night between 7:30 and sundown, finished the rest this morning before 9:30am. It's been mid to high 90's the last couple days, and will be there again today through at least Tuesday. I just work till I get tired, then I quit. My sister wound up in the ER in St. Louis yesterday with dehydration. She passed out after doing yard work for an hour. Everybody be careful out there. What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:38 PM 06-16-2018
My A/C is fairly recent, butnis clearly undersized for this house and it was placed in a stupid location.

Ended up getting a portable A/C to help compensate during the day and its made a heck of a difference.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:39 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And rack up a $400 electric bill? :-)
Honestly, I'd do it. I work outside all the fucking time and I HATE coming inside where there is no air movement and sweating my fucking tits off. I'll pay that bill every day of the week. Especially if you can afford 1500 rent.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:41 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It's running 24/7 anyway if it's not able to keep up.

I mean setting it on 60 won't make the air that comes out of the vents colder.
It's not in the morning when it's cooler, or when it finally cools off at night.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
My A/C is fairly recent, butnis clearly undersized for this house and it was placed in a stupid location.

Ended up getting a portable A/C to help compensate during the day and its made a heck of a difference.
Whoever made the decision on the replacement A/C is a fucking cheap bastard.

If they try to fuck me on move out on ANYTHING in the spring I'm lawyering up.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:59 PM 06-16-2018
Whoever made the decision on the replacement A/C is a fucking cheap bastard.

If they try to fuck me on move out on ANYTHING in the spring I'm lawyering up.
Yeah they went cheap as fuck and I'm sure that's what the people that had this house before me did too.

Whenever you move out, video record an entire walk through of the place and honestly I'd demand a leasing agent walk with me.

It helped make sure I got my entire deposit back from my old apartment, because they absolutely tried to fuck me.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:26 PM 06-16-2018
They replaced the old shitty AC last year with a brand new shitty AC.

This one works 15% better, but when it gets above 90 it just runs all day, keeping the house 3 degrees hotter than whatever I set the thermo at.

As soon as it happened again this year I called them out to come look at it. No clue what they did. Nothing apparently.

I bought a window unit to put in my office because their A/C is such garbage.
When was the last time you replaced the filter(s)? You wouldn't believe how many service calls I've done and that "solved" the problem. They likely bought an undersized unit. What's your sq ft and, if you're willing to look, make/model number of the unit. That'll tell me a fair bit in of itself.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:27 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah they went cheap as **** and I'm sure that's what the people that had this house before me did too.

Whenever you move out, video record an entire walk through of the place and honestly I'd demand a leasing agent walk with me.

It helped make sure I got my entire deposit back from my old apartment, because they absolutely tried to **** me.
This. A lot of landlords are real scumbags.. Document everything.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:31 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
When was the last time you replaced the filter(s)? You wouldn't believe how many service calls I've done and that "solved" the problem. They likely bought an undersized unit. What's your sq ft and, if you're willing to look, make/model number of the unit. That'll tell me a fair bit in of itself.
Also.. If it's a Goodman that they put in it was likely undercharged from the factory. I'd like to think whoever came out would have checked that first, but some of my colleagues are lazy or just straight up retarded.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:58 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Meh.

I've been working long hours in extreme heat for most of my life.

Plus my refrigerator and A/C busted within a day of each other.

So it's about 86 in my house right now and I'm too busy on Monday to wait around for a repairman.

Lucky for me I routinely spent my youth sleeping in a room that was anywhere from 85-95 degrees all summer long.

So I can deal with it for another few days.
That does sound lucky.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:02 PM 06-16-2018
It's currently 77 in my house.

The thermostat has been at 74 since before dawn.

**** my landlord.
Mine used to do this and the unit is undersized. I live in an older apartment so it's going to get a little hot. I put up these blackout curtains it helped drop the temp about 5-10 degrees
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Mine used to do this and the unit is undersized. I live in an older apartment so it's going to get a little hot. I put up these blackout curtains it helped drop the temp about 5-10 degrees
I have blackout curtains everywhere. :-)

I set it to 72 a couple hours ago and now it's down to 74. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 12:39 AM 06-17-2018
I grew up working in the heat. Cutting thistles, bailing hay, cutting wheat/milo, etc. I don't really mind the heat so much through the day. I disc golf a lot in this kind of weather. Got a nice Father's day round planned tomorrow around noon. But I'll admit at my age, I really prefer it to be sub 50 degrees when I'm sleeping. With a fan. I've done a few recent camping outings and it never got below 70 degrees at night, and I just can't sleep for shit like that no matter how drunk I get. I have to have it ice cold to get a good night's sleep these days. Fan required...
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:18 AM 06-17-2018
66 degrees is the predicted high here today in Hermosa Beach, California. Chill'n like a villain on penicillin
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:20 AM 06-17-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
I grew up working in the heat. Cutting thistles, bailing hay, cutting wheat/milo, etc. I don't really mind the heat so much through the day. I disc golf a lot in this kind of weather. Got a nice Father's day round planned tomorrow around noon. But I'll admit at my age, I really prefer it to be sub 50 degrees when I'm sleeping. With a fan. I've done a few recent camping outings and it never got below 70 degrees at night, and I just can't sleep for shit like that no matter how drunk I get. I have to have it ice cold to get a good night's sleep these days. Fan required...
I’ve always been that way. If my head isn’t cold I don’t sleep.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:21 AM 06-17-2018
I have blackout curtains everywhere. :-)

I set it to 72 a couple hours ago and now it's down to 74. :-)
Then it wasn't running non stop
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up