ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>IT'S TOO HOT!!!!
gblowfish 09:47 AM 06-16-2018
Did as much yard work as I could last night between 7:30 and sundown, finished the rest this morning before 9:30am. It's been mid to high 90's the last couple days, and will be there again today through at least Tuesday. I just work till I get tired, then I quit. My sister wound up in the ER in St. Louis yesterday with dehydration. She passed out after doing yard work for an hour. Everybody be careful out there. What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:49 AM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Did as much yard work as I could last night between 7:30 and sundown, finished the rest this morning before 9:30am. It's been mid to high 90's the last couple days, and will be there again today through at least Tuesday. I just work till I get tired, then I quit. My sister wound up in the ER in St. Louis yesterday with dehydration. She passed out after doing yard work for an hour. Everybody be careful out there. What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?
Im working today. This time of year the fans just blow hot air
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:52 AM 06-16-2018
Back in the late 1970s my summer job was working on an assembly line for Allis-Chalmers building Gleaner Combines. The building was a huge sheet metal building with no AC, concrete floors. They had fans but it just made the inside like a blast furnace in July and August. My first year there I worked 7am to 3:30 pm and it was hotter than a mother. My second year I got on the night shift and worked 3:30pm to midnight. Much better duty, it would usually cool off around 8pm, and the pay was better too.
[Reply]
Spott 09:52 AM 06-16-2018
I work outside in it all day long in Florida so I'm used to it. It definitely gets old sweating all day long.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:54 AM 06-16-2018
When you're young you can do that. Now that I'm an old fart, some of the meds I take have warnings not to be outside in sunshine for extended periods of time. I have to be careful when doing yard work or going to a sporting event not to sit in direct sunlight for too long. Sucks getting old, man. I try to work my mowing pattern to mow the parts of my yard that are shady while they're in the shade, and stay away from the ones that are not. Between morning and evening, I can mow about 80% of the whole yard in shade if it's done at the right time.
[Reply]
Spott 10:00 AM 06-16-2018
When you're young you can do that. Now that I'm an old fart, some of the meds I take have warnings not to be outside in sunshine for extended periods of time. I have to be careful when doing yard work or going to a sporting event not to sit in direct sunlight for too long. Sucks getting old, man. I try to work my mowing pattern to mow the parts of my yard that are shady while they're in the shade, and stay away from the ones that are not. Between morning and evening, I can mow about 80% of the whole yard in shade if it's done at the right time.
I started at a younger age but now I'm in my 40's and it's a little harder. The main way I stacy cool at my job is to stay hydrated, find or create shade whenever possible and let the trucks and equipment do the work.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:07 AM 06-16-2018
I wear a bulletproof vest 10 hours a day. I try to do a majority of my ticket writing in the morning before it gets too hot. Once it hits lunch time I’m usually dripping sweat in and out of my car.
[Reply]
TLO 10:22 AM 06-16-2018
:-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:29 AM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I wear a bulletproof vest 10 hours a day. I try to do a majority of my ticket writing in the morning before it gets too hot. Once it hits lunch time I’m usually dripping sweat in and out of my car.
How many tickets do you have to write?
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:33 AM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
How many tickets do you have to write?
However many I want. We don’t have a quota. But I’m in the traffic division so we write more tickets than the patrol division. We work all the accidents. They patrol the neighborhoods.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:33 AM 06-16-2018
What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?
Watching it rain non-stop. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:35 AM 06-16-2018
Back in the late 1970s my summer job was working on an assembly line for Allis-Chalmers building Gleaner Combines. The building was a huge sheet metal building with no AC, concrete floors. They had fans but it just made the inside like a blast furnace in July and August. My first year there I worked 7am to 3:30 pm and it was hotter than a mother. My second year I got on the night shift and worked 3:30pm to midnight. Much better duty, it would usually cool off around 8pm, and the pay was better too.
sounds like my shop, add in hot cars being pulled in over and over
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:37 AM 06-16-2018
However many I want. We don’t have a quota. But I’m in the traffic division so we write more tickets than the patrol division. We work all the accidents. They patrol the neighborhoods.
Ah, gotcha. Since you are you are in a traffic division does your pay increases and promotions have any bearing on the tickets you write?

I'm wondering how you can get promoted out of traffic enforcement if there is not a qualifier to separate yourself from your coworkers.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:40 AM 06-16-2018

So speeding in OK. is O.K. on hot afternoons??

The last ticket I go was for sliding through a yellow on my Bicycle and yes it was the morning of a hot day with ozone warnings....

Judge dismissed it. I was saving the earth....
[Reply]
Bwana 10:43 AM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
So speeding in OK. is O.K. on hot afternoons??

[Reply]
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Up