ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
fredflintrock 03:11 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Speaking as someone who was suicidal during the teenage years and did attempt it at least once, I know for me there wasn't this grand plan about it. Something would happen and this switch would just flip in my head and I would think everything would be better if I was dead. It was almost a spur of the moment thing. At that point I wasn't thinking logically or in touch with reality where I thought death was the best option in solving whatever issue flipped that switch even though that issue was incredibly minor.

Thankfully, I have grown out of that even though from time to time the thoughts still creep in but I am able to dismiss them.

You have to understand that with people with the suicidal ideation when that trigger goes off in their mind, they aren't thinking rationally or logically.

Dude, thanks for posting this and putting yourself out there. You nailed it. So many people posting in this thread that don't have a clue.
[Reply]
Bwana 03:17 PM 06-08-2018
That's a shame, RIP.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:53 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
An 11yo daughter. How do you even?
No kidding, despicable.

It's not good to ridicule the passed, but I have zero respect for this man.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:54 PM 06-08-2018
I'm pretty gutted by this one. Bourdain is one of my biggest inspirations as far as getting out there and seeing the world. When I was saving every nickle I could for months at a time to go someplace exotic with whatever measily paid time off I could get from work, it was his shows that motivated me.

I loved kitchen confidential. I loved the fact that he’d lived a pretty tough life as a chef before he got his break later in life. There’s lots of travel shows on TV but Bourdain was one of a kind.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:14 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
No kidding, despicable.

It's not good to ridicule the passed, but I have zero respect for this man.
Think of the children. The children.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:41 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I don't know. My grandfathers body went before his mind did and it was a long slow march to the inevitable with him becoming more cranky as the years passed on because he couldn't do what he used to do. He spent the last half year of his life bed ridden and it was terrible to see him like that.

My grandmother on the other side is going through the same thing.
My dad's dad became bed ridden, but he was plum happy. He was an independent bastard too. If I end up half the man he was I will be a raving success.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:55 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
But who's gonna' make overpriced purses or eat chicken feet?
The plebeians who do it to live.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 06:11 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
An 11yo daughter. How do you even?
My first reaction when hearing the news.
....that poor girl.

RIP Anthony
I enjoyed his shows immensely.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:24 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
My first reaction when hearing the news.
....that poor girl.

RIP Anthony
I enjoyed his shows immensely.
For sure...poor everyone who loved him as well. Survivors guilt is the worst. Everyone will suffer especially the kids.sucks.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:29 PM 06-08-2018
As a person that had the gun loaded and yelling at my girlfriend in 1993 to get out of the bathroom and let me kill myself, before she didn't and wouldn't let me die. I feel awful for Mr. Bourdain and the pain/anger he felt in the years, months, weeks, days and moments leading up to this. When you get to that point you are not yourself. You are convinced everyone would be better off without you and you are suffering. RIP Anthony Bourdain.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:03 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
His show on CNN is maybe the most important show on television today. Want out of us vs them mentality, he was showing the way.
How convenient for the NWO.
[Reply]
RickObie 07:05 PM 06-08-2018
I’ve heard despicable and loser thrown out there - I sure hope the 20 veterans that commit suicide daily don’t have kids.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:31 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by RickObie:
I’ve heard despicable and loser thrown out there - I sure hope the 20 veterans that commit suicide daily don’t have kids.
Yeah, not a good look for some people in this thread...
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:36 PM 06-08-2018
It was apparently all just too much for the man who had everything, or something?

Such a hard one to understand, watched and learned from his shows all the time... RIP
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:40 PM 06-08-2018

An octogenarian columnist who’d written a review about a new Olive Garden in her small city was ripped to shreds by pretentious assholes in the food blogging community and beyond.

Anthony Bourdain flew her to New York for a meal at Per Se. Then he wrote the forward to her book.

— Zac Echola (@celiasojourn) June 8, 2018

https://t.co/ye4Pj6oNr3

— Zac Echola (@celiasojourn) June 8, 2018

[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up