ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:18 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Speaking as someone who was suicidal during the teenage years and did attempt it at least once, I know for me there wasn't this grand plan about it. Something would happen and this switch would just flip in my head and I would think everything would be better if I was dead. It was almost a spur of the moment thing. At that point I wasn't thinking logically or in touch with reality where I thought death was the best option in solving whatever issue flipped that switch even though that issue was incredibly minor.

Thankfully, I have grown out of that even though from time to time the thoughts still creep in but I am able to dismiss them.

You have to understand that with people with the suicidal ideation when that trigger goes off in their mind, they aren't thinking rationally or logically.
Glad you're still with us, man. That's my biggest fear is my brain betrays me. My body isn't worth a shit, so my brain needs to be.
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:24 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Drama queen much?
No way. I've thought that for years about his show. Maybe in the future folks will talk about the cultural importance of it.

It was refreshing to see a show that showed humanity, and that we need not fear each other.

I'm tired of everything else on tv being us vs them. That shit is killing us.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:32 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Glad you're still with us, man. That's my biggest fear is my brain betrays me. My body isn't worth a shit, so my brain needs to be.
I don't know. My grandfathers body went before his mind did and it was a long slow march to the inevitable with him becoming more cranky as the years passed on because he couldn't do what he used to do. He spent the last half year of his life bed ridden and it was terrible to see him like that.

My grandmother on the other side is going through the same thing.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:52 PM 06-08-2018
I would rather be broke, sleeping on the side of the rode, waiting until I scrounge up enough money to get drunk off of the Walgreens mouthwash than to take my life. But that is easy to say as someone that doesn't suffer from clinical depression. My mom has had issues with it and it obviously can be devastating.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:01 PM 06-08-2018
Hmmm...
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/commen...hony_bourdain/
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:10 PM 06-08-2018
I've never been suicidal, outside of Jan 7 1996
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:43 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
I didnt even know he still had a show then I read CNN. Even so he will be missed I liked his old show RIP i guess but how anyone does this having a 11 yo is beyond me.

My brother took his like in 2010 amidst a very ugly divorce. In the letter he wrote me he said he believed it would be easier on my niece for her to just lose him and go through months of a very nasty divorce and then a lifetime of hier parents fighting. Her mother is a total cunt.

Very illogical thinking, but to him it was real enough to warrant hanging himself.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:44 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
I didnt even know he still had a show then I read CNN. Even so he will be missed I liked his old show RIP i guess but how anyone does this having a 11 yo is beyond me.
Yeah, that's messed up.

But let's be honest, it's not like he was around much. And if he was selfish enough to do this, it's reasonable to assume he wasn't exactly father of the year material.

At least he left her a shit ton of cash.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:49 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, that's messed up.

But let's be honest, it's not like he was around much. And if he was selfish enough to do this, it's reasonable to assume he wasn't exactly father of the year material.

At least he left her a shit ton of cash.

thats kind of an unfair characterization. We know nothing about his relationship.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:54 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
thats kind of an unfair characterization. We know nothing about his relationship.
Well, I doubt if he was flying back and forth between takes in bumblefuck Mongolia to run her to soccer practice.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:17 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I'm tired of everything else on tv being us vs them. That shit is killing us.
Damn right. And it's supposed to kill them, not us. What the fuck?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:20 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, I doubt if he was flying back and forth between takes in bumble**** Mongolia to run her to soccer practice.

there are a lot of great parents who travel often or are deployed.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 02:23 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I've never been suicidal, outside of Jan 7 1996
It's amazing you are still alive after all the CHIEFS playoff losses. You are one tough cookie!
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:37 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Prayers for his family.

But I am growing weary of society's emphasis on celebrities' deaths. It is not the worst year ever because a ton of celebrities passed away.
He brought enjoyment to mine and countless others’ lives.

He will be missed.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:55 PM 06-08-2018
Any guesses on last meal? I'll go duck fat frites.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up