ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
Pablo 09:18 AM 06-08-2018
Any word on Guy Fieri?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:26 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Any word on Guy Fieri?

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:48 AM 06-08-2018
Goddam this sucks. I loved Bourdain.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:50 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
:-) Nice.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:54 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Has literally nothing to do with any of that.

People with suicidal thoughts, or who commit suicide, have a brain that is betraying them. Chemical imbalance, whatever the issue, thoughts start that tell you that you are better off gone, that no one will miss you, and that everyone will be better off if you are gone.

People think it's a selfish act, and maybe sometimes it is. I think most of the time it is just the mind betraying them.
Basically... depression and mental health is a real problem. Doesn't matter if you have a great family etc that shit catches up to you. Their brains are definitely not acting normal. Sad loss, and I've dealt with suicide up close and still living with survivors guilt.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:08 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Beautiful.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:33 AM 06-08-2018
https://www.projectrefit.us
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:47 AM 06-08-2018
Speaking as someone who was suicidal during the teenage years and did attempt it at least once, I know for me there wasn't this grand plan about it. Something would happen and this switch would just flip in my head and I would think everything would be better if I was dead. It was almost a spur of the moment thing. At that point I wasn't thinking logically or in touch with reality where I thought death was the best option in solving whatever issue flipped that switch even though that issue was incredibly minor.

Thankfully, I have grown out of that even though from time to time the thoughts still creep in but I am able to dismiss them.

You have to understand that with people with the suicidal ideation when that trigger goes off in their mind, they aren't thinking rationally or logically.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:49 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Speaking as someone who was suicidal during the teenage years and did attempt it at least once, I know for me there wasn't this grand plan about it. Something would happen and this switch would just flip in my head and I would think everything would be better if I was dead. It was almost a spur of the moment thing. At that point I wasn't thinking logically or in touch with reality where I thought death was the best option in solving whatever issue flipped that switch even though that issue was incredibly minor.

Thankfully, I have grown out of that even though from time to time the thoughts still creep in but I am able to dismiss them.

You have to understand that with people with the suicidal ideation when that trigger goes off in their mind, they aren't thinking rationally or logically.
Damn. I'm glad you made it through and are here with us today.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:06 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It's perfectly fine to commit suicide - chiefsplanet
Preferred to them murdering someone. Imagine when the first celebrity decides to gun down his studio audience.

Would be interesting to know what meds he was on. I believe a lot of celebrity deaths are tied to the side effects of them.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:07 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Damn. I'm glad you made it through and are here with us today.
Thanks. It just bugs me when people who haven't had that mental issue try and blame the person who did commit suicide by giving rational reasons to why they shouldn't of.

The fact is that people who do commit suicide like this simply are not thinking rationally. Their thought process only sees the positive of suicide and won't let them compare positives or negatives of the act. Hell, it will spin negatives into positives.
[Reply]
srvy 11:09 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I wouldn't watch CNN if they had a show with big titted strippers shooting AR-15s.
I didnt even know he still had a show then I read CNN. Even so he will be missed I liked his old show RIP i guess but how anyone does this having a 11 yo is beyond me.
[Reply]
srvy 11:10 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The way out of the us vs them mentality is to eat chocolate covered crickets in some far eastern jungle.
:-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:31 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:

Yep.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:15 PM 06-08-2018
Sad news. RIP.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up