ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 20
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:27 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Woe, really? Loser.

Anyone have a spare VP to English decoder ring?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:29 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The way out of the us vs them mentality is to eat chocolate covered crickets in some far eastern jungle.

You've obviously not watched his shows in a long time. They were more about people than eating. Eating and travel was just a means to bring people together. His recent episode on West Virginia was frankly amazing filmmaking.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:30 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Anyone have a spare VP to English decoder ring?
He's saying...

Wow, I didn't realize that. Leaving an 11yo behind like that makes AB a loser. So "buh bye" loser who bailed on a young daughter."
[Reply]
patteeu 08:31 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
You've obviously not watched his shows in a long time. They were more about people than eating. Eating and travel was just a means to bring people together. His recent episode on West Virginia was frankly amazing filmmaking.
Yeah, you're right. I haven't seen him recently or much at all. I was just joking really. I've heard quite a few people say they liked his shows although I was apparently under the false impression that weird foods were the focus.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:32 AM 06-08-2018
Yeah, you're right. I haven't seen him recently or much at all. I was just joking really. I've heard quite a few people say they liked his shows although I was apparently under the false impression that weird foods were the focus.

take a watch. I just told someone a couple of days ago I wish he would branch out into longer documentaries as their work has been fantastic.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6inwh4
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:36 AM 06-08-2018
He's saying...

Wow, I didn't realize that. Leaving an 11yo behind like that makes AB a loser. So "buh bye" loser who bailed on a young daughter."
Are you fluent in jive too?

That's what I took from it as well.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:38 AM 06-08-2018
He was going thru some things

Because the rest of us aren't. We all just coast thru life. He had to deal with things
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:46 AM 06-08-2018
By all outside appearances this was a person who had a full life and lived a never-ending string of adventures. And yet he still found at the end of all of that, that his life didn't have a meaning or purpose that he could live for. Sad. Just shows you that you've got to have something bigger than yourself.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:46 AM 06-08-2018
He's saying...

^

Didn't seem all that cryptic.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:47 AM 06-08-2018
I hope it's not too early, but are they hiring a replacement for his job? I'm kind of interested.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:49 AM 06-08-2018
That's Andrew Zimmern.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:00 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He was going thru some things

Because the rest of us aren't. We all just coast thru life. He had to deal with things
Has literally nothing to do with any of that.

People with suicidal thoughts, or who commit suicide, have a brain that is betraying them. Chemical imbalance, whatever the issue, thoughts start that tell you that you are better off gone, that no one will miss you, and that everyone will be better off if you are gone.

People think it's a selfish act, and maybe sometimes it is. I think most of the time it is just the mind betraying them.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:07 AM 06-08-2018
Prayers for his family.

But I am growing weary of society's emphasis on celebrities' deaths. It is not the worst year ever because a ton of celebrities passed away.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:12 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Just because they are not a fashion designer or on TV...................

22 Veterans commit suicide every day. Every single day.
Fucking hell.

I had no idea it was that high. That will ruin a guy's day.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:12 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Prayers for his family.

But I am growing weary of society's emphasis on celebrities' deaths. It is not the worst year ever because a ton of celebrities passed away.
But who's gonna' make overpriced purses or eat chicken feet?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 20
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up