ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:22 AM 06-08-2018
That is crazy.
[Reply]
scho63 06:23 AM 06-08-2018
This is really shocking to me.

You look from the outside and you see Kate Spade and now Anthony Bourdain and you think they have EVERYTHING to live for; children, success, fame, business, money, family, love and yet they take their own lives as there is something missing.

Really hard to digest when people like this take their lives while people with NOTHING to live for go through live not complaining about anything: people with no limbs, no money, homeless, cancer for many many years, all types of problems yet they plow through.

The human condition is so strange and so little we truly know yet......

R.I.P.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:24 AM 06-08-2018
god dammit. I understand when you are younger and more emotional suicide seems like a great option but at his age unless you have a terminal illness or recently committed a horrific crime why the fuck would you kill yourself. you know better..I just don't get it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:27 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
My mother always told me if you ever feel like killing yourself just wait till tomorrow.
You and your mother apparently had some interesting conversations.

Then again, you used to jack off pigs for a living.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:27 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
god dammit. I understand when you are younger and more emotional suicide seems like a great option but at his age unless you have a terminal illness or recently committed a horrific crime why the fuck would you kill yourself. you know better..I just don't get it.
I speculate that poor mental health factors into a lot of suicides. Mental states that age and success alone can't overcome.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:32 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
An 11yo daughter. How do you even?
It's perfectly fine to commit suicide - chiefsplanet
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:36 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Were they saying that in general or just to you?
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 06:39 AM 06-08-2018
His show was pretty much the only thing worth watching on CNN these days.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:44 AM 06-08-2018
I had 3 co-workers commit suicide. They were getting help. They seemed normal at work and then they go home and commit suicide. All 3 had survivors guilt and or having their friends die with their blood all over themselves.

I did some research on the why. In this case above its the easiest to explain. Trauma from war. But the other explanations are all over the place. Basically, their minds are not thinking like ours. Thats why its hard for us to understand. They feel an overwhelming pressure for different reasons. None would cause us to commit suicide. The best "reason" I've seen is that there is some kind of chemical imbalance in their brains.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:46 AM 06-08-2018
Guy was an addict. Lived fast and you could tell from his writing and some shows he had issues dealing with people.

There is help out there. Suicide is not an answer.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:47 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
glass houses
[Reply]
digger 06:47 AM 06-08-2018
RIP

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:48 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I speculate that poor mental health factors into a lot of suicides. Mental states that age and success alone can't overcome.
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I had 3 co-workers commit suicide. They were getting help. They seemed normal at work and then they go home and commit suicide. All 3 had survivors guilt and or having their friends die with their blood all over themselves.

I did some research on the why. In this case above its the easiest to explain. Trauma from war. But the other explanations are all over the place. Basically, their minds are not thinking like ours. Thats why its hard for us to understand. They feel an overwhelming pressure for different reasons. None would cause us to commit suicide. The best "reason" I've seen is that there is some kind of chemical imbalance in their brains.

I should amend my statement above to say I was referring to celebrities killing them selves. Whatever problems they think they are having is made up in their head and not real world issues that most of us face. They need to get some perspective, help and realize their life doesn't suck.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:54 AM 06-08-2018
I should amend my statement above to say I was referring to celebrities killing them selves. Whatever problems they think they are having is made up in their head and not real world issues that most of us face. They need to get some perspective, help and realize their life doesn't suck.
Its not celebrity or being rich proof. They have done many studies on this issue. People who are hungry, poor, homeless, no job and or have no family don't commit suicide at a significant rate greater than the rest of the population.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:57 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
His show was pretty much the only thing worth watching on CNN these days.
Not even Bourdain could make me watch CNN. I loved No Reservations, though.

RIP
[Reply]
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up