ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:13 PM 06-10-2018
I like the people that think these people are sitting down and pie charting the pros and cons of suicide, and that some levels of mental illness are more prestigious than others.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:37 PM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I like the people that think these people are sitting down and pie charting the pros and cons of suicide, and that some levels of mental illness are more prestigious than others.
Can it, already.

Dealing with the aftereffects of being in combat aren't within a million miles of dealing with everyday life.

Stop marginalizing it over a celebrity death.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:45 PM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Can it, already.

Dealing with the aftereffects of being in combat aren't within a million miles of dealing with everyday life.

Stop marginalizing it over a celebrity death.
Feel free to fuck a trolley on a cold winter morning.

You've made it into a profession, social status or somehow a classified territory which quite frankly is fucking stupid. Not well people are not well, regardless of circumstances.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:51 PM 06-10-2018
Feel free to **** a trolley on a cold winter morning.

You've made it into a profession, social status or somehow a classified territory which quite frankly is ****ing stupid. Not well people are not well, regardless of circumstances.
I'll pass.

Ya, seeing your best friend get blown away is right on par with getting paid for traveling around the globe...to....eat.

:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:53 PM 06-10-2018
I'll pass.

Ya, seeing your best friend get blown away is right on par with getting paid for traveling around the globe.

:-)
It's remarkable how fucking dumb you truly are. Congrats.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:54 PM 06-10-2018
It's remarkable how ****ing dumb you truly are. Congrats.
....don't tap out now with weak ass insults.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:58 PM 06-10-2018
uh, no.

Mental illness from combat duty isn't even in the same stratosphere.
It’s definitely different, but it’s still a mental illness just like depression.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:22 PM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Problem is the growing trend of progressivism has turned everything into a choice. Suicide should never be a choice. That's why suicide rates are up 30.
Hottest take I've seen all day. The idea that trying to provide empathy and understanding to people with suicidal thoughts is not only somehow political, but also the cause of more suicides is really incredible. Kudos.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:24 PM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s definitely different, but it’s still a mental illness just like depression.
I'm not debating that.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:26 PM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Problem is the growing trend of progressivism has turned everything into a choice. Suicide should never be a choice. That's why suicide rates are up 30%.

Life is depression. Life for most people is hard. Life for most people sucks.

Take it on and keep going.
Also, the ones arguing that suicide is a result of an illness are NOT the ones trying to make suicide a choice.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:29 PM 06-10-2018
uh, no.

Mental illness from combat duty isn't even in the same stratosphere.
Yeah because they volunteered to be in the military. Nobody in every day life signs up for severe depression.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:54 PM 06-10-2018
I'm watching the CNN retrospective on him now. This sucks. He had so much more to contribute.

I have a whole blog post on this - still working on it. Hopefully some day I can find some niche to reach a tiny fraction of the people Bourdain touched in his life.

Holy Shit - Anderson Cooper was just breaking up saying Bourdain actually gave him hope, for what one's life could become at 61 - which is exactly how I felt
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:48 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'm watching the CNN retrospective on him now. This sucks. He had so much more to contribute.

I have a whole blog post on this - still working on it. Hopefully some day I can find some niche to reach a tiny fraction of the people Bourdain touched in his life.

Holy Shit - Anderson Cooper was just breaking up saying Bourdain actually gave him hope, for what one's life could become at 61 - which is exactly how I felt
fuck cooper and bourdain.

i don't understand why anyone condones suicide. im not religious but i refrain from certain things in case there is a god. its a bad thing to be so selfish you leave all your loved ones behind before you get hit head on by a semi? :-)
[Reply]
JD10367 03:52 AM 06-11-2018
Like anything else in life, you don’t know what it’s like if you’re not in the group. To be clinically depressed. Or black. Or gay. Or a woman. Or Middle Eastern. Or a Browns fan. Trying to debate the pros and cons of positions on that side of the fence are stupid if you’re a white hetero male rooting for team that doesn’t suck.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:17 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Like anything else in life, you don’t know what it’s like if you’re not in the group. To be clinically depressed. Or black. Or gay. Or a woman. Or Middle Eastern. Or a Browns fan. Trying to debate the pros and cons of positions on that side of the fence are stupid if you’re a white hetero male rooting for team that doesn’t suck.
Sarcasm really needs its own font.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up