ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So, I'm going to move to upstate NY
rabblerouser 08:19 PM 04-22-2018
I'm going to move up there to be close to my daughter. I don't know anyone in the area besides her, my ex wife and her husband, I don't have a job or a place to live yet...and I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I can't do the distance any longer. Won't do it.

I have a bunch of music gear and records to sell, I could get a few thousand up pretty damn quick.

Rent isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I'm just going to miss the Midwest.

Just not as much as I miss my daughter.
[Reply]
loochy 11:03 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I stayed in Bath for a week during the end of winter. Not very fun.
I bet you had some super wrinkled toes and fingers after that. Did you at least change the water daily?
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:26 AM 04-23-2018
Dude, it's cold up there. Life is short.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:34 AM 04-23-2018
It's beautiful country up there. Mohawk River Valley is pretty, and you'll be close to Cooperstown. Not far from Canada or Boston either. Colder than a mo fo in the winter and LOTS of snow.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 12:39 PM 04-23-2018
Good luck

Try and get as many of those details hammered out asap!

It will make the transition much easier.
[Reply]
wazu 01:02 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My current hometown has the world record for consecutive sunny days, 716.
That’s probably what turned it into the largest and most powerful county in the world.
[Reply]
penchief 04:18 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Pretty close - in between Syracuse and Rochester.

Finger Lakes, by Seneca Lake, Geneva/Ithica/etc
I live a few miles south of there in the Corning-Elmira area. I know the Ithaca area very well. Sounds like you are somewhat of a music collector, like myself. There is a great used record store in Ithaca called Angry Moms that I frequent about twice a month.

Your reason for wanting to move is a very good one. I wish you luck. As a previous poster has mentioned, upstate New York is largely rural and is more down to earth than most people would imagine.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:27 PM 04-23-2018
When you get up there, Dinosaur BBQ isn't terrible for a place to get BBQ. Usually busy as fucking hell, though.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:20 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
When you get up there, Dinosaur BBQ isn't terrible for a place to get BBQ. Usually busy as ****ing hell, though.
Yeah?

You saying I should just make my own, then?

State of NY wants my references for Western district legal assistant - fingers crossed!
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:24 AM 06-05-2018
so how are you liking it hun?
[Reply]
Eureka 01:41 PM 06-05-2018
How did your daughter get taken to NY?

What if the ex moves away again?
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:42 PM 06-05-2018
Get used to drinking Genny.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 04:18 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Get used to drinking Genny.

Genny Cream Ale.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 04:18 PM 06-05-2018
Upstate New Yorkers eat everything with a fork. Pizza, Subs, Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.
[Reply]
Eureka 05:41 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
Upstate New Yorkers eat everything with a fork. Pizza, Subs, Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.
Blasphemy!!!!!
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:45 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I lived in Henrietta, NY for 4 years. Be prepared for shit weather for pretty much 9 months.
I traveled there a lot on business. Never seen so many pissed off people. After a while I got it and understood. It snowed 15 inches again last night and it is May.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up