ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 328
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:32 PM 06-19-2018
He had like an 8 pitch 1-2-3 inning threw 95-98 looked just fine except the jersey.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:18 PM 06-19-2018
Vargy gave up back to back to back homers in Colorado tonight.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:30 PM 06-19-2018
Yikes, not sure Salvy even has that much trade value. His OBP is awful.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:11 PM 06-19-2018
Heck of a losing streak boys! Lets go get that worst record!

But, keep doubting my boy Rosell Herrera! Let's get rid of Orlando, Almonte, Goins and Escobar. Let Mondesi and some young guys that we don't care about service time hack away.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:32 PM 06-19-2018
It's almost like we should have started this process a year earlier
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:46 PM 06-19-2018
The most depressing part is that generally other horrible teams that are bad have highly valuable trade assets to use in acquiring more talent. The White Sox have one of best farm systems from trading off Sale, Quintana, Eaton, etc. Detroit HAD a system as bad as ours, but then they made trades.

We appeared to have some assets, but that apparently isn't the case. Herrera fetched absolutely nothing, Moustakas will hardly fetch anything, Salvy is having an awful season...

Merrifield is likely our best shot, but I'm not so sure he brings as much as we'd like without having that much power.

We're left with relying almost 100% on the draft, and with our draft history that's scary. This draft seems to be decent for pitching, but I'm skeptical whether we can continue to hit on picks year after year to successfully rebuild.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:41 PM 06-19-2018
We've done fairly well internationally, so there's that too.

So just wondering, IF we get the #1 pick, is there a generational talent coming up or, like the Chiefs, could we be picking first in a year when the best prospect is a fatty, or in BB terms, I don't know, a fat 1B?
[Reply]
KC Hawks 11:48 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:

So just wondering, IF we get the #1 pick, is there a generational talent coming up or, like the Chiefs, could we be picking first in a year when the best prospect is a fatty, or in BB terms, I don't know, a fat 1B?
Seems like Bobby Witt Jr is the way too early leader for #1. We shall see.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:50 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The most depressing part is that generally other horrible teams that are bad have highly valuable trade assets to use in acquiring more talent. The White Sox have one of best farm systems from trading off Sale, Quintana, Eaton, etc. Detroit HAD a system as bad as ours, but then they made trades.

We appeared to have some assets, but that apparently isn't the case. Herrera fetched absolutely nothing, Moustakas will hardly fetch anything, Salvy is having an awful season...

Merrifield is likely our best shot, but I'm not so sure he brings as much as we'd like without having that much power.

We're left with relying almost 100% on the draft, and with our draft history that's scary. This draft seems to be decent for pitching, but I'm skeptical whether we can continue to hit on picks year after year to successfully rebuild.
I’m so jealous of the White Sox and their participation trophy of having the best farm system on paper. They still underachieve every year despite the high expectations.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:49 AM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:

Bobby Witt Jr. isn’t a can’t-miss generational talent, but he’s a 5-tool player who will stick at SS long-term. It’s early, though ... lot of time for draft order to change.

It looks to be a great draft for college Cs, based on early mocks. Weak on college arms, but probably stronger in HS position talent than 2018. That’s in the Royals’ wheelhouse.

Re: building up the farm system, there are many ways to do it. Draft and international signings are the traditional avenues - trading big-league talent to quickly re-stock and infuse is another avenue, but that’s more of a recent trend ... and has become harder unless you’re moving guys with lots of control left.

I’m hard pressed to think of a team that did things the way the White Sox (and skeptical it’s going to work).
[Reply]
Mecca 06:24 AM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I’m so jealous of the White Sox and their participation trophy of having the best farm system on paper. They still underachieve every year despite the high expectations.
If you buy into super highly rated systems getting you titles, then they'll win won because their system is every bit as highly rated as the Royals use to be.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:50 AM 06-20-2018
Abraham Almonte is so bad it defies belief.

Orlando should be cut. So should Esky. Enoug!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:27 AM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Abraham Almonte is so bad it defies belief.

Orlando should be cut. So should Esky. Enoug!
and replaced with whom? If you want them cut because they're bad, wouldn't the replacements be even worse?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:30 AM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
and replaced with whom? If you want them cut because they're bad, wouldn't the replacements be even worse?
They're negative WAR players so no. They wouldn't be.

Almonte failed to get a simple bunt down, then chopped into a double last night. I was right behind the dugout, stood up and booed the living shit out of him. His entire walk of shame back to the dugout. He even looked up at me I was so persistent and loud.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:50 AM 06-20-2018
I hope Bubba Starling is brought up of he ever gets healthy. Might as well
[Reply]
Page 124 of 328
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Up