ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>SlingTV or YouTube TV?
Mama Hip Rockets 04:25 PM 03-27-2018
I'm tired of getting screwed over by cable and satellite companies, so I'm looking for cheaper options to watch the Royals this year.

Last year I had SlingTV. I enjoyed that, except for that it's always about 30 seconds behind live TV and tends to lag and crash once in a while.

I'm looking into YouTube TV. Does anybody have any experience using this to watch the Royals? Their channel lineup says they have "Fox Sports," but I'm not sure if that specifically includes FSKC (I live about 3 hours from KC). I also noticed they have DVR, which is a feature SlingTV did not have last I checked.

I'm also wondering if YouTube TV is actually live, or if it's delayed like Sling. It was frustrating because people would text me about a play 30 seconds before it happened on my screen. I eventually had to tell all my friends not to text me about live action cause I was always behind.
[Reply]
Fish 08:07 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
So I tried it on an NBA game last night and it worked as you said.

Before signing up, I seem to remember reading a review that, incorrectly, said you couldn't always start the DVR until the game was over, so I was expecting that behavior and didn't investigate anymore when it indeed that appeared to be how it worked.

But even if I shown be idiot, it was well worth it to find this functionality.

Thanks for the patient help. :-)

And maybe someday I will figure out what idiot thing I am doing that causes the occasional lockup when skipping forward.
:-)

Glad it worked for you.

I'm not sure what browser you're using. But I'm using Chrome. I've never had the lockup issue when skipping forward. Maybe update your browser and/or Flash and java.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:23 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
https://www.setvnow.com

has anyone tried this?
Shit.

Just signed up for free trial. About 1/3 of the channels took so long to buffer I gave up and went to another one. At $20/month it appears you get what you pay for.
[Reply]
srvy 01:15 PM 04-07-2018
Just finished my 7 day trial youtube tv and really like except for no NFL Network. I will probably cancel Sling after the NFL Draft and go Youtube and hope they pick up NFL channel. I experienced no buffering at all but neither do I on Sling. Navigating channels is better than sling but still not Tivo worthy wish they could follow Tivo's model.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:45 PM 04-07-2018
Has anyone tried Philo?
[Reply]
BWillie 05:24 PM 06-17-2018
I think I'm going to get YouTubeTV. The selling point of it over Direct TV Now for me appears to be you can stream 6 TV's simultaneously at a time compared to 3 at DirectTVNow. I want to use it between a house in Shawnee and a house in Olathe. Will I have any problems doing that?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:48 PM 06-17-2018
Shouldn't have any problems
[Reply]
11Chiefs 07:37 AM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think I'm going to get YouTubeTV. The selling point of it over Direct TV Now for me appears to be you can stream 6 TV's simultaneously at a time compared to 3 at DirectTVNow. I want to use it between a house in Shawnee and a house in Olathe. Will I have any problems doing that?
You can have six individual users tied to one account. Only 3 streams at a time are allowed.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:38 AM 06-18-2018
I'm sure this has been covered but I'm lazy so I'll ask...does YT TV carry local CBS, FOX, NBC, etc.?

Want to cut the cord as well but just worried about catching Chiefs games.
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:56 AM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'm sure this has been covered but I'm lazy so I'll ask...does YT TV carry local CBS, FOX, NBC, etc.?

Yes.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:44 AM 06-18-2018
DirecTv
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:59 PM 06-18-2018
The problems I had with it locking up when advancing have all gone away.
For sports YouTube TV is a pretty good option.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:07 PM 06-18-2018
YouTube TV is pricey compared to others, but is so nice to launch it at work, home, on my smartphone, and it's quick and easy to navigate. I don't use the unlimited DVR, but it's nice knowing if I want to record anything, it'll be there for me.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:01 PM 06-18-2018
Sure there is always the question of how much you want to pay for what you get.

For getting all (or most?) of the ESPN sport channels and NBC Sn hockey and a reasonably good built in DVR, it's pretty good and a lot cheaper than say Comcast.

If you don't want the sports, there are cheaper options.

It is a bit of nuisance that you have to tell it to record shows before they happen as opposed to just searching for them after the fact. But it was easy to add every NBA team and NHL hockey team to my watch list. So if I had some time late in the evening before bed, I could go look at my library and see if there was an interesting looking game that had been recorded or was part way through.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:10 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:

I did the 7 day free trial of YouTube TV. The thing that I liked about it was all of my locals were available. But, there were some other channels that we lost, and it doesn't work on my Firestick. So I am trying out DirecTV Now for 3 months at $10/ month. I'm also going to add CBS all access. They will have most of the Chiefs games.
[Reply]
-King- 04:16 PM 06-19-2018
YouTube tv is better but doesn't work on FireTVs or Fire Sticks.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up