ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>SlingTV or YouTube TV?
Mama Hip Rockets 04:25 PM 03-27-2018
I'm tired of getting screwed over by cable and satellite companies, so I'm looking for cheaper options to watch the Royals this year.

Last year I had SlingTV. I enjoyed that, except for that it's always about 30 seconds behind live TV and tends to lag and crash once in a while.

I'm looking into YouTube TV. Does anybody have any experience using this to watch the Royals? Their channel lineup says they have "Fox Sports," but I'm not sure if that specifically includes FSKC (I live about 3 hours from KC). I also noticed they have DVR, which is a feature SlingTV did not have last I checked.

I'm also wondering if YouTube TV is actually live, or if it's delayed like Sling. It was frustrating because people would text me about a play 30 seconds before it happened on my screen. I eventually had to tell all my friends not to text me about live action cause I was always behind.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:07 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
The navigation. The previews. The unlimited DVR. The channel selection. The video quality. The performance reliability. All was better than Sling TV.
What do you run it on? We've got Fire TV and I know that you can't use it.
[Reply]
Bewbies 05:08 PM 03-27-2018
Mine runs on Xbox, our iPhones and Macbooks too.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 05:10 PM 03-27-2018
I may look into Youtube TV then. Hadn't considered it before, but some of those channels are things I'd watch, if nothing else for the Royals games.

Let me know what you think Thurman.
[Reply]
Fish 05:11 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
What do you run it on? We've got Fire TV and I know that you can't use it.
I have a Mac Mini connected to my TV. Also run it on iPad, Android, Windows.

There's workarounds for watching it on Fire TV.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:12 PM 03-27-2018
I have a Mac Mini connected to my TV. Also run it on iPad, Android, Windows.

There's workarounds for watching it on Fire TV.
Got a link to that last sentence?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:14 PM 03-27-2018
Honestly - don't know anything about You Tube TV but we are on on Son's Sling account and it does just fine. Unfortunately, you have to watch everything "live" - but other than that, it's great!
[Reply]
Fish 05:15 PM 03-27-2018
Also... you can share a Youtube TV subscription with 5 other people in your "Family." Just type in someone's email address(tied to a Youtube account) in your "Family" settings and they get access too, with their own separate DVR. Share the costs with your "Family..."
[Reply]
RunKC 05:17 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
YouTube TV is incredible. Cannot recommend highly enough.

You can watch the games live on your phone/tablet/laptop as well. And you have an unlimited DVR.
This

I love youtubetv
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 05:25 PM 03-27-2018
Okay, so I'm testing out YouTube TV with the free trial now. I downloaded it on my Roku. I called a buddy and had him turn to the same channel I was watching. It was about 20 seconds behind him.

Then I tried watching it on my computer and it was about 10 seconds behind him and 10 seconds ahead of my Roku.

Any thoughts on this? Is my internet just not fast enough? Is my Roku not fancy enough? I just have the basic cheap one, I think.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:39 PM 03-27-2018
Streaming cable is gonna have a delay, mang. Heck, Uverse had one too when I had it.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 05:42 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Streaming cable is gonna have a delay, mang. Heck, Uverse had one too when I had it.
Seems like in 2018 they should have figured out a way to get things broadcast in real time.
[Reply]
Fish 05:44 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Got a link to that last sentence?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...v-apk-t3614016

It looks like the current workaround is using the Silk web browser along with a mouse.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:45 PM 03-27-2018
The navigation. The previews. The unlimited DVR. The channel selection. The video quality. The performance reliability. All was better than Sling TV.
You conveniently left off the price. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 05:47 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by thurman merman:
Seems like in 2018 they should have figured out a way to get things broadcast in real time.
It's kind of the nature of streaming. It will likely never be completely live, though as bandwidth gets higher and higher, it should theoretically get a little closer than it is now.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:47 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You conveniently left off the price. :-)
Sling TV was trash for me. Constantly buffering. I will gladly pay extra for YouTube TV
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up