Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcpasco 07:53 PM 06-19-2018
Ya he looked good in the 7th but why play with fire? Go to Hicks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:13 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Ya he looked good in the 7th but why play with fire? Go to Hicks.
that was just good hitting. Hicks balls had ton of movement on them before the double. I’m watching the Philly broadcast and Turk was commenting on the movement on a fastball.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:20 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
that was just good hitting. Hicks balls had ton of movement on them before the double. I’m watching the Philly broadcast and Turk was commenting on the movement on a fastball.

Yep and now we have a 1 run lead again. Maybe Gyorko could get the save. I have no trust in anyone in this bullpen.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:50 AM 06-20-2018
Was at the game in Philly last night. Luke seemed like he was in for a long night from the get go but was fortunate that the mistakes that he did make only typically cost a run.

Fowler looked like absolute garbage. Something is up with him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Was at the game in Philly last night. Luke seemed like he was in for a long night from the get go but was fortunate that the mistakes that he did make only typically cost a run.

Fowler looked like absolute garbage. Something is up with him.
He's trying to tank his way out of town.

I only saw one 'event' with him before I left and it was his first AB. He took an 0-1 fastball right down the chute and on 0-2 got an even easier pitch to hit and very clear had no intention of even attempting to swing at it.

I've never seen a more ambivalent AB in my life. Jim Edmonds would do his little 'take dance' anytime he was at 3-0 and it was so nonchalant that he might as well have set the bat down while the pitch was being delivered. He STILL looked more engaged than Dexter Fowler looked in that at bat.

What Fowler doesn't seem to realize is that the franchise would almost certainly love to be rid of his loafing ass but there's literally not a single team in baseball that wants him. Why would they? A guy like Carlos Gomez who is an admittedly flawed player put up consecutive seasons of an .800+ OPS season and had to settle for a 1 yr/$4 million deal this past offseason.

Why? Because GMs aren't stupid anymore. The recognize that fading veterans with defensive limitations simply aren't worth anything and the idea of the $8 million WAR is as antiquated as fielding percentage as a catch-all defensive metric.

A guy like Dexter Fowler would've had a market value of probably 2/$24 million last offseason, before he shit the bed this year. If he were to continue this trend and be a FA this coming offseason, he'd be looking at something similar to what Carlos Gomez got.

He's literally overpaid by $40+ million dollars. He can pout all he !@#$ing wants but nobody is going to trade for him. I guess he's probably just trying to get himself cut at this point.

Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:47 AM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's trying to tank his way out of town.

I only saw one 'event' with him before I left and it was his first AB. He took an 0-1 fastball right down the chute and on 0-2 got an even easier pitch to hit and very clear had no intention of even attempting to swing at it.

I've never seen a more ambivalent AB in my life. Jim Edmonds would do his little 'take dance' anytime he was at 3-0 and it was so nonchalant that he might as well have set the bat down while the pitch was being delivered. He STILL looked more engaged than Dexter Fowler looked in that at bat.

What Fowler doesn't seem to realize is that the franchise would almost certainly love to be rid of his loafing ass but there's literally not a single team in baseball that wants him. Why would they? A guy like Carlos Gomez who is an admittedly flawed player put up consecutive seasons of an .800+ OPS season and had to settle for a 1 yr/$4 million deal this past offseason.

Why? Because GMs aren't stupid anymore. The recognize that fading veterans with defensive limitations simply aren't worth anything and the idea of the $8 million WAR is as antiquated as fielding percentage as a catch-all defensive metric.

A guy like Dexter Fowler would've had a market value of probably 2/$24 million last offseason, before he shit the bed this year. If he were to continue this trend and be a FA this coming offseason, he'd be looking at something similar to what Carlos Gomez got.

He's literally overpaid by $40+ million dollars. He can pout all he !@#$ing wants but nobody is going to trade for him. I guess he's probably just trying to get himself cut at this point.

Fuck that guy.
ive said it before and I’ll say it again, use this years free one time $50 million extra revenue from MLB and cut your losses and move on. Pay some team the $50 million and give us an “A” prospect or a bag of balls. Either way, we have plenty of OF in the pipeline. He won’t be missed.
[Reply]
Miles 01:06 PM 06-20-2018
Just realized - is Fowler the most STL has paid for a FA that wasn’t a resigning of their own followed closely by Leake?
[Reply]
VAChief 02:53 PM 06-20-2018
ive said it before and I’ll say it again, use this years free one time $50 million extra revenue from MLB and cut your losses and move on. Pay some team the $50 million and give us an “A” prospect or a bag of balls. Either way, we have plenty of OF in the pipeline. He won’t be missed.
The dead money we have invested in Cecil, Fowler, Leake, and now a half a season of Holland would buy you a couple of years of a Machado level contract.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:08 PM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Just realized - is Fowler the most STL has paid for a FA that wasn’t a resigning of their own followed closely by Leake?
yes. Heard it on two podcasts this afternoon.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:19 PM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
The dead money we have invested in Cecil, Fowler, Leake, and now a half a season of Holland would buy you a couple of years of a Machado level contract.
l font totally blame Mo for the bad reliever deals. It’s a good assumption that FA and their agents are well aware of Matheny burning out relievers. They have to overpay to get relievers to come here. If you
Were a reliever would you want your career in Meatheads hands?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:21 PM 06-20-2018
Hey DJ and Hamas, what would have have the Cardinals traded to the Royals to get Herrera? What in our system is comparable to or a little better than what Washington gave up?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:35 PM 06-20-2018
Hey DJ and Hamas, what would have have the Cardinals traded to the Royals to get Herrera? What in our system is comparable to or a little better than what Washington gave up?
Edmundo Sosa and a few pieces of A ball flotsam.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:38 PM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Edmundo Sosa and a few pieces of A ball flotsam.
you make that deal?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:43 PM 06-20-2018
you make that deal?
I trade nothing. Any prospect traded for a rental this year is a waste, unless you use them to dump Fowler or Cecil. This team is just above average and the manager makes them mediocre. It's an 87 win team with a good skipper, 80 with Matheny.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:30 PM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I trade nothing. Any prospect traded for a rental this year is a waste, unless you use them to dump Fowler or Cecil. This team is just above average and the manager makes them mediocre. It's an 87 win team with a good skipper, 80 with Mathenyefully.
yeah even Manny can’t save this team.

Hopefully this painful and sad season will end the Matheny era.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 301
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up