ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 268 of 300
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:10 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
This is much more than a PR hit.
You may have misinterpreted my post as your response has nothing to do with what I said. My point was that #metoo is entering the territory of the ridiculous. As proven in this case as they have now kicked the guy off his AMC show and comic-con because the woman made some allegations. That’s all. No proof, no trial, no hearing his side of the story,nothing but some words out of her mouth.
Actually, the AMC shows are on hiatus pending investigation. The shows themselves are kind of [even more] filler this time of year. Usually he does Talking Dead after TWD/FTWD shows, but they're between seasons so for a few weeks it would just be 'Talking Hardwick' which would be random celebs sitting down to talk with him 1-1, and uncomfortable situation for all regardless of what AMC did.

And Hardwick volunteered to take himself off the Cons as well.

There's a couple things that make this unique, and different from the 'ridiculization' of #metoo.

First off, nothing about this involves criminal liability
Second, Hardwick's entire value is his persona. He lives and dies by being a good guy who people want to hear chat with other celebs.
Finally, this isn't a final word, but the first steps of an investigation.

Its a little unseemly that people air dirty laundry nowadays. But it's also a little unseemly that someone as devoid of other talents as Hardwick otherwise can rise to prominence simply by cultivating a good guy image. If his image can survive tarnishing, than he is entitled to continue to earn. But if his image is a fabrication, people close to him are entitled to share how it hurt them, and the audience is entitled to know what those people would like them to know.

As to whether my post was responsive to yours. You said 'why didn't she leave.' I pointed out that she addressed this directly. Now you ask 'where is the evidence?' And AGAIN, the article mentions the evidence she is presently holding in abeyance until such time it is needed or demanded.

EDIT: One fairly dispositive point I missed addressing directly, but which goes to the nature of Hardwick's fame and fortune. Apparently a part of AMC's decision to hiatus is that all the guests scheduled to appear 1-1 in coming weeks weighed in that 'maybe this isn't the best time' for them to appear on his show. Kind of hard to do a 1-1 show when 1 of the 1 has a cloud over him and the other 1 of the 1 isn't comfortable appearing.
[Reply]
SAGA45 05:56 PM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not worth its own thread at this point, but Talking Dead host Hardwick bitchslapped with a #metoo letter from ex Chloe Dykstra

https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-col...s-6be0594970ca

No rape or assault [well?] or harassment, just some seriously pathological controlling behavior.

Must be home in the evening because that's when he has free time for her
No photos of male friends in her home
Must stop all drinking
blackballed her in the industry after breakup . . .
made clear his expectation she be available for sex, including asking her doctor immediately after her miscarriage how soon she would be 'available' - in front of her mother.
He's a apparently a fan of the 50 Shades movies....or she is
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:01 PM 06-18-2018
https://deadline.com/2018/06/the-wal...er-1202412744/

Jon Bernthal returning for 1 episode in s9...assuming this is when Rick dies or some flashback.

Still sucks that Lincoln is leaving
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:00 PM 06-21-2018
So everyone by now knows Shane is coming back, but to what capacity is still up in the air.

I read a crazy theory today that went like:

Shane actually killed Rick in the woods......and from a place of massive delusion, he "became" Rick....even thinking he heard "Rick" and "Dad" when addressed as Shane.

"Rick's" character arcs (calm to killer to pacifist to killer) could somewhat be explainable with this theory.

AMC has somewhat already jumped the shark with TWD - but as nuts as this might sound, given the past 3 seasons, is it really too crazy to think it's within the realm of possibility?
[Reply]
notorious 05:18 PM 06-21-2018
Would be a cheap ploy that would piss off fans.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:01 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
No doubt about it, no the writers better not let themselves off easy with something like that... they owe it to the show and the fans to wrap this thing up with gusto and integrity

Go out with one last excellent season... there is no time left for loitering around on boring, time killing storylines
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:24 PM 06-21-2018
The show still has fans?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:52 AM 06-22-2018
That would be some serious SyFy level bullshit :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:28 AM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
That would be some serious SyFy level bullshit :-)
Might as well go full shitshow since Rick is gone
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:07 AM 07-20-2018
Season 9 teaser trailer for what it's worth.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:54 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:

Interesting.

though I slo-mo'd the last scene - AMC is trolling us, as the actor Darryl is hitting is not Rick.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:02 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Interesting.

though I slo-mo'd the last scene - AMC is trolling us, as the actor Darryl is hitting is not Rick.
Noticed the sign pointing to Toledo at :14.
[Reply]
notorious 10:19 AM 07-20-2018
Meh.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:50 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:

Does Darryl throw Maggie a good grudge fucking just for the hell of it?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:09 PM 07-20-2018
Moar

[Reply]
Page 268 of 300
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278 > Last »
Up