ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 565 of 662
« First < 65465515555561562563564565 566567568569575615 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 10:43 AM 06-13-2018
Not much on this weekend

Friday

9pm - (Fightpass) - Friday Night Fights

Muay Thai

Saturday

2pm - (Fightpass) - Cage Warriors 94

The top B-League for MMA in Europe. Based on tapology rankings, this is about average quality for them.

Tuesday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series
[Reply]
alnorth 06:54 PM 06-18-2018
lol

Tune in July 14th on FS1 pic.twitter.com/yAJEfwzxKx

— Sage Northcutt (@sagenorthcutt) June 16, 2018

[Reply]
alnorth 07:39 PM 06-19-2018
They didn't need the judges tonight. 3 KO's and 2 submissions.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:02 PM 06-20-2018
Gonna have to wake up early Saturday if you want to see Cowboy.

Thursday

8pm TV - (5pm Facebook/8pm NBC SN) - PFL 2: 2018 Regular Season

Saturday

3:30am - (Fightpass) - UFC Fight Night, Cowboy vs. Edwards

This event is not on TV, and the prelims start in the middle of the night from Singapore on Friday night/Saturday morning. Main card starts at 7am, and Cowboy will probably walk out at around 8:30. So, it might be worth it to wake up in the morning for this, but there's no reason to watch any of the prelims at all, they are all local fighters who I never heard of, and more than likely all but a couple of them will be cut after this weekend.

Sunday

7pm - (Fightpass) - EBI 16

Submission-only no-gi jiu-jitsu tournament with no scoring and no judges. The Eddie Bravo Invitational is a fun little grappling event.

Tuesday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series
[Reply]
alnorth 07:00 PM 06-21-2018
Nice

Breaking: Gegard Mousasi vs. Rory MacDonald superfight for Bellator middleweight title set for September -- https://t.co/kAO1YWyjMp

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) June 21, 2018

[Reply]
alnorth 12:35 PM 06-22-2018
Machida is going to Bellator

Breaking: Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida agrees to join Bellator -- https://t.co/xw5h5debcS

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) June 22, 2018

[Reply]
alnorth 09:56 AM 06-24-2018
The final match for this year's Calcio Storico is starting soon

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rtv38/videos/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:54 PM 06-24-2018
Originally Posted by alnorth:
The final match for this year's Calcio Storico is starting soon

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rtv38/videos/
HERE

WE

GO
[Reply]
alnorth 12:42 PM 06-25-2018
This probably won't come as a shock to anyone, but Gastelum says Dana White lied about the UFC relying on him to be the back-up plan for Romero.

He was willing to stay ready in case they needed him, but he wasn't going to diet and train for free, he wanted money to be the backup plan, and the UFC wanted him to stay ready for free. So Gastelum told the UFC he wasn't going to stay ready if they weren't going to pay, and he went to Cancun. The UFC called him Wednesday night because they were worried Romero wouldn't make weight, but Gastelum was about 205 at that point, and couldn't cut that much weight in 1.5 days.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:39 PM 06-25-2018
Low ratings and guys pulling out of fights is going to cost the MMA a tv deal with Fox or ESPN
[Reply]
alnorth 03:03 PM 06-27-2018
The UFC is going dark this weekend before international fight week. (If UFC 226 survives the weigh-in, then I'll probably post a separate thread on that day) This weekend belongs to Bellator and a couple random fightpass cards.

Friday

6pm - (Fightpass) - Titan FC 50

Based on tapology, this looks about average by local promotion standards.

8pm TV - (Paramount) - Bellator 201, Macfarlane vs. Lara

Judging by tapology rankings, this card is roughly average.... or maybe a bit below average by Bellator standards, with the night capped off with the W125 Bellator championship.

Saturday

midnight - (Fightpass) - Pancrase 297

I don't want to shit on Pancrase, but I'm afraid that once again I have to do it. This is an awful card even by low-level promotion standards. There is no good reason to watch this pile of shit unless you just can't sleep and are bored.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:28 AM 06-28-2018
Al Iaquinta is out on the main event in Lincoln, he did not want to fight Gaethje unless he was paid more money.

The UFC has replaced him with James Vick, which honestly.... thats a better fight. This is on paper an upgrade for the fans, so if you were thinking about buying tickets for Gaethje vs Iaquinta, you should definitely keep your plans for Gaethje vs Vick.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:31 AM 06-28-2018
Nice

Hell yeah.

I don't know what it is but I've looked more forward to the Bellator fights than UFC this past year.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:55 AM 06-28-2018
Al Iaquinta is out on the main event in Lincoln, he did not want to fight Gaethje unless he was paid more money.

The UFC has replaced him with James Vick, which honestly.... thats a better fight. This is on paper an upgrade for the fans, so if you were thinking about buying tickets for Gaethje vs Iaquinta, you should definitely keep your plans for Gaethje vs Vick.
Iaquinta is not doing himself any favors here. He only fights once every couple of years and he just had a great showing against Khabib. He could have capitalized on some momentum and gotten some run.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:45 PM 06-29-2018
This is a bit of a major surprise, and I'm not a labor lawyer so I don't know where this goes from here, but Leslie Smith won in her complaint with the NLRB against the UFC. I assume the UFC will appeal to the national NLRB board, or to court, or both.

If after whatever happens from here all the various boards and courts eventually say that its final that UFC fighters are employees, then its hard to say what that'll mean for the sport of MMA, but that would be very, very bad for WME.
[Reply]
Page 565 of 662
« First < 65465515555561562563564565 566567568569575615 > Last »
Up