ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 207
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Miles 10:41 PM 06-01-2018
This thread is making me dive into my bottle of Blantons which is quite a rarity around Texas.

Very interested in the Japanese whiskey Lew has and have heard things about.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:39 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
This thread is making me dive into my bottle of Blantons which is quite a rarity around Texas.

Very interested in the Japanese whiskey Lew has and have heard things about.
Rarity around here too. I have to wait for a tip from bourbon friends in order to snag one. Kind of sad.

It's a decent and different taste than American bourbon/whiskey. It's a good change and for the price, worth it. Not sure I'd pay $50 for it though. Lacks complexity of higher aged American bourbons and the finish is lacking. It's definitely decent and a bit refreshing in this desert heat. I'll be having some shortly in the pool.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:38 PM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
No complaints here. I’d still come over. It’s good stuff.
Ya had it last night for my friends birthday. I'm still paying for it tonight got damn.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:34 PM 06-02-2018
First foray into Japanese Whisky. Proper American glassware used. America, fuck yeah!

Very citrus on the nose. Citrus and light floral taste. Decent. Something different. Would drink again.
Well, it's not December 7th!

Enjoy brother...
[Reply]
A8bil 10:13 AM 06-03-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well, it's not December 7th!

Enjoy brother...
Japanese whisky's are malts so they are patterned after Scotch Whisky, which is going to be a lighter taste unless heavily peated or influenced by aging in sherry or other treated casks. Some of the Japanese whiskys are just amazing-Hibiki, Hakashu, Nikka, Yamazaki...all make some great whiskies. We used to buy bottles of 16 year Nikka Yoishi for $60...now they're $700+. Whiskies are popping up all over the world and some are great. Amrut and Paul John out of India are really good. Mackmyra and the ultra rare Ven out of Sweden are also really good. In fact, I was just in Copenhagen and tried a limited run Mackmyra finished in Bourbon barrels...fantastic. Even my daughter was drinking it neat.
[Reply]
Miles 10:21 PM 06-14-2018
I’m completely late on realizing how hard some of this stuff is to get now. Even regular ass Buffalo Trace can’t be found around me. Went to one of the largest and best supplier liquor stores in Dallas and stood confused of where it was. Looked on their website and the other big supplier and nope.

Luckily was in Nashville on business for a day earlier this week and managed to snag a handle of Eagle Rare to throw in my luggage.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:30 PM 06-14-2018
JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:53 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
I’m completely late on realizing how hard some of this stuff is to get now. Even regular ass Buffalo Trace can’t be found around me. Went to one of the largest and best supplier liquor stores in Dallas and stood confused of where it was. Looked on their website and the other big supplier and nope.

Luckily was in Nashville on business for a day earlier this week and managed to snag a handle of Eagle Rare to throw in my luggage.
I did something similar while in KC last week. Weller SR flies off the shelf here, but I saw it in KC for $20 and brought it back with me. I really enjoyed the glass I had over the weekend and can kind of see why it flies off the shelf here. Really good for $20, plus 3 million shitlords living on top of each other.

Can anyone recommend comparable tasting bourbons in that price range?
[Reply]
srvy 04:13 PM 06-19-2018
Weller Old Antique, Weller 12 yo or Special Reserve?

Maybe Larceny, Russel's Reserve 10yo and Evan Williams single barrel vintage.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:14 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I did something similar while in KC last week. Weller SR flies off the shelf here, but I saw it in KC for $20 and brought it back with me. I really enjoyed the glass I had over the weekend and can kind of see why it flies off the shelf here. Really good for $20, plus 3 million shitlords living on top of each other.

Can anyone recommend comparable tasting bourbons in that price range?
Closest I say is Henry McKenna 10 year ($25).

Others that are great in that price range:
Elijah Craig, Larceny, Eagle Rare, Evan Williams Single Barrel if you can find 2006 or earlier, Russel's Reserve 10 year, 1792. 4 roses single barrel if willing to spend $40. I love Old Well Antique a ton but it's about $40-45.

Really nothing is even close to Special Reserve at that price range though.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:25 PM 06-19-2018
Closest I say is Henry McKenna 10 year ($25).

Others that are great in that price range:
Elijah Craig, Larceny, Eagle Rare, Evan Williams Single Barrel if you can find 2006 or earlier, Russel's Reserve 10 year, 1792. 4 roses single barrel if willing to spend $40. I love Old Well Antique a ton but it's about $40-45.

Really nothing is even close to Special Reserve at that price range though.
Cool, thanks. I've seen Henry McKenna 10 yr around and many of those others.

I'd have to luck into a bottle of Antique around here.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:41 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Cool, thanks. I've seen Henry McKenna 10 yr around and many of those others.

I'd have to luck into a bottle of Antique around here.
Shit. Old Weller was on my list of looking for you.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:06 PM 06-19-2018
Shit. Old Weller was on my list of looking for you.
I can always ask. I follow a couple local places near me on Twitter for specific beer drops and saw one that had just got some Antique bottles. I was up there 30 minutes after the tweet and they'd been cleaned out. I work from home and use it to my advantage for mid-afternoon beer drops, but Bourbon Guy is on a different level.
[Reply]
NYChiefsFan59 06:29 AM 06-20-2018
I got some of this last year good stuff!

Widow Jane 10 Yr Straight Bourbon Whiskey

As great whiskey distillers throughout the world — from Kentucky to Scotland — have long known, it takes sweet water from tough rock to make great whiskey. And, that’s what Widow Jane Whiskey is all about.

This 10 year whiskey is aged to perfection. It drinks like a 20 year bourbon with its deep cherry notes and light tannic finish.

Aroma: Butter, Cream, Toffee
Front: Cherry Wood, Olive Oil
Mid: Orange
Finish: Burnt Orange and Spice
After Glow: Light tannic fuzz
[Reply]
lewdog 07:02 AM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by NYChiefsFan59:
I got some of this last year good stuff!

Widow Jane 10 Yr Straight Bourbon Whiskey

As great whiskey distillers throughout the world — from Kentucky to Scotland — have long known, it takes sweet water from tough rock to make great whiskey. And, that’s what Widow Jane Whiskey is all about.

This 10 year whiskey is aged to perfection. It drinks like a 20 year bourbon with its deep cherry notes and light tannic finish.

Aroma: Butter, Cream, Toffee
Front: Cherry Wood, Olive Oil
Mid: Orange
Finish: Burnt Orange and Spice
After Glow: Light tannic fuzz
A sourced bourbon for $75 that’s 91 proof? Count. Me. Out.

http://breakingbourbon.com/widow-jan...r-bourbon.html

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/.../#.WypQYBZlCEc
[Reply]
Page 73 of 207
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up