ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>A Perfect Circle - Eat the Elephant
MTG#10 07:40 PM 06-16-2018
This album is tremendous from beginning to end, in my opinion a masterpiece and I dont use that word loosely. I can count the number of albums I like every single song on with one hand and this is one of them. A lot more mellow than their other albums but that's part of the reason I like it so much...part of this is probably coming with age as I'm now pushing 40. The craziest part for me is I have never been a huge APC fan until this album...I always liked a handful of their songs but I never got into them much.

Maynard always provides thought provoking lyrics and this album is no different. I challenge anyone to listen to it from beginning to end a couple times and tell me you dont enjoy it. Dont give up after the first track. While I very much enjoy it, its probably the weakest of the album.

Every track is good but here are some of my favorites.

[Reply]
Miles 06:43 PM 06-22-2018
Sounds like I need to give 10,000 days another try. Was pretty underwhelmed and disappointed back when it was first out but its been a long time.
[Reply]
Miles 06:44 PM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I keep trying to listen to this album. I keep failing because I get 3 or 4 songs in and find myself struggling to be even remotely interested. It just doesn’t grab me at all.

I’m afraid I’m going to feel the same about the next TOOL album as well. 10,000 Days was somewhat of a letdown and I don’t see how this one can even be that good.
I have only listed a few times but felt things picked up well around the middle of the album.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:54 PM 06-27-2018
have been listening to this & I agree with the OP. Its flat out good shit ! Not my fav APC album but still much better than all that hipster rock crap I've had to endure lately .

Some excellent guitar work in this album & of course Maynard's vocals are always badass.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:17 PM 06-27-2018

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:25 AM 06-28-2018
I just wish Tool was on Spotify. Makes me a super sad panda.
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:53 PM 06-29-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So, so very much this.
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:57 PM 06-29-2018
I've got a pretty hefty list of good new(ish) bands out there to fill the Tool void. Tool/APC fans will enjoy these, so I'd highly recommend a listen.

Ceterum

Cire

Caligula's Horse

[Reply]
Miles 11:40 PM 06-29-2018
Not on google music either. That's a large part of why I haven't listened to too them in year.

Here is some lesser known greatness

[Reply]
hometeam 05:12 AM 06-30-2018
They wont let themselves be put on any digital streaming service. Something to do with that they want the listener to listen to the entire album to 'get it' and they didnt think that letting people just pick and choose songs would accomplish that.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up